Threads
Reaction score
Website
j2dxplr.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Hello! My hubby and I became Jeep community freshmen in mid April of 2021. Boy, did we not anticipate how much we LOVE being Jeepers!

We got a pretty well packaged 2021 JLUR fresh from the lot the day we decided to go test drive a few… mainly because we did not know how we would like the way a Jeep drives.

We also did not realize how much both of us would enjoy outfitting the Jeep with upgrades and have done all the upgrades ourselves so far, except for the new tires and wheels.

I wanted to have a place to share and journal what we have done to our Nacho Honey Badger and things we have learned along the way.

I will be adding posts with things we have done from the beginning in the next few weeks.

Thank you for visiting!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR - Nacho Honey Badger Build 69E07154-63FE-43DC-8B72-A04393CD4D1E
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Congrats!!!

OP
OP
j2dadventures

j2dadventures

First Name
Jacq
Threads
Reaction score
Website
j2dxplr.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
First few mods we did were adding the Quadratec QRC Side Armor with Step and Body Armor 5146 Hinge Steps to the two doors in the back. Putting in the hood mount for the Hi-Lift Jack.

On the same weekend, we also installed the Rhino-Rack 72" x 56" Pioneer Platform with Backbone System & RCL Legs.

We know we wanted a roof rack to carry our mountain bikes, tandem kayak and camping gears with us for different adventures. So a quality roof rack with lots of configuration options is very important to us. Rhino Rack was the winner for us after watching lots of review videos and reading about the different styles of roof racks for the JL.

We plan to build some custom mounts and hardware for the roof rack down the road depending on our needs and how we use the Jeep for overlanding.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR - Nacho Honey Badger Build IMG_1439.JPG

May 2021

Sponsored

OP
OP
j2dadventures

j2dadventures

First Name
Jacq
Threads
Reaction score
Website
j2dxplr.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
The month of June, we picked up a Smittybilt 77806 XRC GEN1 Front Bumper and installed it. Then pulled the Smittybilt winch from our Chevy Colorado to put on.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR - Nacho Honey Badger Build 694AD45C-9EEE-4A8B-BF0F-ADED264F2A4C

It took me a couple of hours, since it is my first time removing and installing decal, I removed the Rubicon decals and replaced with Honey Badger name decal we designed.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR - Nacho Honey Badger Build IMG_2476.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR - Nacho Honey Badger Build IMG_2479.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR - Nacho Honey Badger Build IMG_2482.JPG

Relocated the Hi-Lift Jack to the driver-side using a Go Rhino 701001T Exterior Jack Mount.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR - Nacho Honey Badger Build 125A48AE-1E41-433E-BC5C-6C16BF3B24A4

Another little update was to replace the factory antenna with the 6" Rugged Ridge Reflex Stubby Antenna.

Finally, we got the Rock-Slide Engineering Basic EZ Rack Kit and Roto Pax Pack Mounts to mount two Roto Pax on the spare tire.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR - Nacho Honey Badger Build IMG_3006.JPG

Photo above is from our July week-long Jeep camping trip around the Sierra Nevada area.

Last edited:

Kats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X5
OP
OP
j2dadventures

j2dadventures

First Name
Jacq
Threads
Reaction score
Website
j2dxplr.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Last year in November, we have started working on organizing and building our Jeep out for long overlanding trips. One of the main things we want to have is a good space organization solution that will allow us to have room for a portable fridge and other storage bins/duffle bags for supplies. We don’t really want any permanent drawer solutions because we regularly go naked in our Jeep.

cargo-shelf-1.jpg

shelf-5.jpg

American Adventure Lab M.A.S.S. Cargo Shelf really fits the bill in this. It is strong and beautiful. They are based out of St George, UT. We recommend you checking them out if you are looking for similar storage and organizational solution for your Jeep.

The installation of American Adventure Lab M.A.S.S. Cargo Shelf is quite easy!

Here's our YouTube video of the install!

Or if you prefer reading, here's my blog post about it.

OP
OP
j2dadventures

j2dadventures

First Name
Jacq
Threads
Reaction score
Website
j2dxplr.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I am quite a bit behind with posting our build. But here is one improvement we have made that is short and sweet, but might be very relevant for other JL owners who have installed a MetalCloak GameChanger lift.

After installing the MetalCloak Jeep JL Wrangler 3.5" Game-Changer Suspension, we noticed a serious bow in the front Dual Rate Springs, which causes the bump stop flange to catch on the spring when articulating. We found out that MetalCloak makes correction pads to fix this from other MetalCloak customers on the MC Facebook forum.

We contacted MC about our issue and they sent us the pads.

We are still new to working on cars ourselves. But feel super empowered after installing the MetalCloak Gamechanger Lift Kit ourselves and then replacing the factory pad with the correction pads.

Here is our short video of the correction pad install. I am sure people with better equipment and experience can get this done faster, but we felt pretty good with only spending 3 hours total from jack-up to jack-down between taking our time and filming.

INSTALL Jeep JL MetalCloak Front Coil Correction Pads

Sponsored

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Hello! My hubby and I became Jeep community freshmen in mid April of 2021. Boy, did we not anticipate how much we LOVE being Jeepers!

We got a pretty well packaged 2021 JLUR fresh from the lot the day we decided to go test drive a few… mainly because we did not know how we would like the way a Jeep drives.

We also did not realize how much both of us would enjoy outfitting the Jeep with upgrades and have done all the upgrades ourselves so far, except for the new tires and wheels.

I wanted to have a place to share and journal what we have done to our Nacho Honey Badger and things we have learned along the way.

I will be adding posts with things we have done from the beginning in the next few weeks.

Thank you for visiting!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR - Nacho Honey Badger Build shelf-5
I like your Jeeps name...

Honey Badger Support.gif

OP
OP
j2dadventures

j2dadventures

First Name
Jacq
Threads
Reaction score
Website
j2dxplr.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
We were trying to figure out the best way to install the ICECO Fridge Slide to the back of our Jeep JL. Goose Gear Rear Plate System without the seat delete seems to be the best option with the least amount of work. We measured and drilled holes to install the wood inserts similar to the existing Goose Gear mounting holes for their system, but sized to work better with the ICECO Fridge Slide. It all worked out quite well, except the remaining rubber mat we left from the Mopar Cargo Tray added an extra thickness to the back passenger seats, and prevented the fridge slide to fully lock in place unless you give it a good shove. We have been using this with our overland setup for a few trips now and LOVED IT!

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Congratz! and as has been said ....Love the name!!!! great build, Great Jeep! Thanks for including us!

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
No Thank you!!! Jeep people are the salt of the earth.......You are exactly what this forum is all about! Great People!!!!!!!! With exceptional taste and originality!!!!
Sponsored