Sponsored

2021 JLUR Lift on a 2020 JLU Altitude

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Altitude
Ok, first of all.....I am a newbie to this Wrangler show. My terminology may not qualify me as a Jeep Owner, yet. I have learned so much from reading these posts, I thought I would try to contribute a little back to the community. So, this is my experience (even though I have very little of it).

Alti:
I just completed the install of a 2021 JLU Rubicon lift on my 2020 JLU Altitude. I picked up the entire package springs/shocks/sway bars/track bar and even the Rock Sliders for $300.
Alti has no metal front or rear bumpers, winches or other heavy gear in or on the Jeep.
Installed the Falken AT3W 295 70R18 (Mfg says they are 34.3 tall and 11.9 wide), I took off 32/10s.
Had some very minor rubbing on the front LCAs at max turn, and right rear would rub when suspension was fully depressed (5 passengers and dip in the road). First test drive, appears lift solved all these rubbing issues, but have not had a full capacity of passengers.

Rubi:
The seller told me these were taken off with only 9.5 miles on them, the dealer did his lift. Clearly, they have not been broken in, so they may end up with slighly less lift than these results. Known.
The Rubi did not have metal bumpers, but had a hitch, which does not necessary mean max tow.
The Rubi Front springs were cleary taller than the Alti, and the rear were taller, but not as much so. The sway bars are 100% the same size, shape and ever the welds. Rear track bar ditto.

End result, almost 1.25" in Front, and a full 2.0" in the Rear.
The front Alti springs were 0240AD/3657AD (Driver/Pass) (Drive side spring is an interesting #)
The front Rubi springs were 3658AD/3659AD (D/P) (larger # is taller, always goes on Pass side)
The rear Alti springs were 3586AA/3587AA (D/P)
The rear Rubi springs were 3589AA/3590AA (D/P) (these do not appear to be max tow springs)
I was really hoping to get the 3591AA/3592AA springs for the rear (but, that did not happen)

The shocks on the Alti were 047AA Front/112AA Rear, and the Rubi were 430AB/434AB.

Basically, looking at the front with 2 digits higher on the Pass side and got about 1.25" of lift.
Looking at the rear with 3 pts higher for both springs and got a full 2" in lift.
Does this tell us something about the numbering for the JLU springs? Plausible.

The wish I knew before doing the lift.
1) Would have bought the .75" spacer for the front springs. My Alti is now about .75" lower in the front than the rear. Not entirely noticeable, but I know it.
2) I purchased the Mopar front LCAs used in their 2" lift thinking I would need them to correct castor. But, probably not now. They have not been delivered yet, back ordered and I just couldn't wait. Now, given #3 below, don't think I need them, or want them.
3) These springs have significantly improved the driving experience for my Jeep. To me, there is less head bob, takes bumps and pot holes much better, tracks on highway at speed way better and handles turns at speed with out dipping or rolling and not issues while braking hard. I only wish I knew this earlier and would have done this 9 months ago.

I hope this helps someone. Enjoy!
Sponsored

cab1024

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
It helped me! I also have a Sport Altitude JLU. My Rubi takeoffs are strange combo 58/60 & 90/??. The tag is missing from the 4th coil, but so far I haven't seen any that are 2 digits difference from each other -- and I don't know which is the passenger rear coil. Hopefully there is a slight visible difference.

That said, I found your post by searching for the 0240AD front driver shock, and based on your write-up, I should see a minimum 1.25" lift all around, which should be enough to fully accommodate my Gladiator Mohave takeoff 285/70R17 (32.8") Falken WildePeaks and rims. The Mojave rims have and extra .28" wider offset per side, which I hope means less chance of rubbing on the inside with full articulation.

If anyone has three of those coil numbers and know what the 4th is most likely to be (89 or 90), please let me know.

Last edited:

cab1024

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I got so excited when I read the last comment because the springs were the same numbers as mine -- then I saw it was my comment... Oh well. I have almost all the tools I need to do the swap. Now I need the time.

cab1024

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I made the swap today and got an inch of lift in the front and about 2 inches in back. I account the difference to having a 95 lb steel bumper and 50 lb winch up front now. It took me all day with multiple family distractions and I haven't driven it yet. I'll report more when I do.
Sponsored