Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked up Next Venture Motorsports diff skids, skid plates and UHMW kit for the underside of the Jeep.

really like the look and products the company is rolling out. Just haven’t seen a lot info on UHMW for the underside of the Jeep and know it is mostly used for sliding over rocks and keeping it from getting hung up on obstacles…. Overkill for my mall crawler, but hey…. It is just money.. lol

add it to my list of stuff order and waiting to come in.

Still need to order the RCV axles, Artec truss for the front and whatever long arm setup I am going to run with the Rebel Off-road coilovers.
FE145D84-9272-4A91-8191-4457FD8ED4F3.jpeg
DD34C3F5-9E61-447E-9F76-253B97E8D169.jpeg
8DEBDF34-A095-4614-BB67-332E434C8EEE.jpeg
How do you like your skids so far? Was the installation straight forward? Have you put Them to use yet? If so, how are they holding up with the UHMW option?

CptKirk

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Rubicon codiesel
the build is looking amazing so far! I just put an ecodiesel wrangler on order and want to keep updated on this to get ideas for my overlanding build😎

OP
OP
Extremneon

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
How do you like your skids so far? Was the installation straight forward? Have you put Them to use yet? If so, how are they holding up with the UHMW option?
I haven’t had chance to get them installed yet.. Jeep is still in Dothan, AL getting the cage installed.

All of it is still sitting in boxes in the garage.

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Do you have a parts list? I am curious at what all you have accumulated, always interested to see what others put on that I haven’t heard of.

Sponsored

CptKirk

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet……I was looking at the Bilsteins, I’ll look at the kings….
King Triple Bypass.

6614224C-B61F-43AF-8E4A-A5FE5FECC18E.jpeg
Quick(hopefully) question: im trying to do things somewhat budgeted and this will be my first offroad vehicle. I love driving offroad when i can and i also enjoy roadtrips. Was thinking about getting the 3.5” konnect from jks diesel kit with fox 2.0 and grab some 35 ko2s( or maybe mt2 firestone) along with some pro comp series 51 steelies. Does that seem like a solid beginner build to get me on some decent crawls and overlanding trails? Not sure if id need a steering helper fox thingy or not. I appreciate any and all advice!🤙🏻

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Quick(hopefully) question: im trying to do things somewhat budgeted and this will be my first offroad vehicle. I love driving offroad when i can and i also enjoy roadtrips. Was thinking about getting the 3.5” konnect from jks diesel kit with fox 2.0 and grab some 35 ko2s( or maybe mt2 firestone) along with some pro comp series 51 steelies. Does that seem like a solid beginner build to get me on some decent crawls and overlanding trails? Not sure if id need a steering helper fox thingy or not. I appreciate any and all advice!🤙🏻
JKS is a good American made company, but that kit comes with fixed lower control arms and cam bolts to adjust caster. That’s not the ideal way to do it, as it requires grinding out the lca axle bracket bolt hole. Once you do that you’ll always have to use a cam bolt. If you can get the kit with adjustable control arms instead, then it would be a nice setup with Fox shocks.

CptKirk

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKS is a good American made company, but that kit comes with fixed lower control arms and cam bolts to adjust caster. That’s not the ideal way to do it, as it requires grinding out the lca axle bracket bolt hole. Once you do that you’ll always have to use a cam bolt. If you can get the kit with adjustable control arms instead, then it would be a nice setup with Fox shocks.
Thanks for the insight, so maybe go with the venture with fox and grab adjistable control arma from rockjack 4x4 or something?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the insight, so maybe go with the venture with fox and grab adjistable control arma from rockjack 4x4 or something?
Yeah, sure, you just want to make sure you can dial in your caster once it’s lifted. Most lifts yield more than advertised height, and with cam bolts your limited to the amount of adjustability. If you have any questions reach out here, I don’t want to blow up Joes build thread, lol.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/crystal-rubi-build….61821/

OP
OP
Extremneon

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry,

haven’t had update in awhile. The Jeep is still at Undercover Fab Works in Dothan, AL.. last check they had pulled the stock cage out and was still working on all the cage mounts for the JL platform.

I have turned some of my attention to picking up some new tools for the garage etc…. The main thing I purchased was Miller 220 AC/DC welder, to hopefully allow me to do some welding and fabrication of my own in the future. Especially when I get the Jeep back and time to weld up all the suspension brackets.

I also pick up welding table from Texas Metal Works and ZTFAB welding cart to help with the welding projects in the future. Installed a new 240 volt, 50 amp outlet for the welder in the garage.

I have picked a new angle grinder, tons of disc from Benchmark Abrasives, Optrel Clearmax grinding helmet, Optrel Panoramaxx CLT helmet and bag, gloves, jackets and consumables.

I have even order new 56” tool chest and 72” tool workbench to swap out my older bench and allow bunch more storage options for tools in the future. New Vyper chair was also a must on my list of garage flex.. lol

I have pile of goodies in the garage for the Jeep just sitting in boxes awaiting it’s return with the cage and b-pillar chop. I hope to take some of this time to practice on my welding and dig into the art of tig welding to bring up my game on modifications in the future. I have ton of metal & aluminum coupons and little art stuff I plan to practice with while I wait for the Jeep to be finished.

Will post up some pictures soon of some of the goodies.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry,

haven’t had update in awhile. The Jeep is still at Undercover Fab Works in Dothan, AL.. last check they had pulled the stock cage out and was still working on all the cage mounts for the JL platform.

I have turned some of my attention to picking up some new tools for the garage etc…. The main thing I purchased was Miller 220 AC/DC welder, to hopefully allow me to do some welding and fabrication of my own in the future. Especially when I get the Jeep back and time to weld up all the suspension brackets.

I also pick up welding table from Texas Metal Works and ZTFAB welding cart to help with the welding projects in the future. Installed a new 240 volt, 50 amp outlet for the welder in the garage.

I have picked a new angle grinder, tons of disc from Benchmark Abrasives, Optrel Clearmax grinding helmet, Optrel Panoramaxx CLT helmet and bag, gloves, jackets and consumables.

I have even order new 56” tool chest and 72” tool workbench to swap out my older bench and allow bunch more storage options for tools in the future. New Vyper chair was also a must on my list of garage flex.. lol

I have pile of goodies in the garage for the Jeep just sitting in boxes awaiting it’s return with the cage and b-pillar chop. I hope to take some of this time to practice on my welding and dig into the art of tig welding to bring up my game on modifications in the future. I have ton of metal & aluminum coupons and little art stuff I plan to practice with while I wait for the Jeep to be finished.

Will post up some pictures soon of some of the goodies.
Just need a cheap hydraulic tube bender and you would be set. at that point the sky is the limit. If I could build out a garage shop I would do same as you did with the bender. I have thought about finding a maker space etc. where I could rent that stuff. in a former life I was a welder / fabricator and even built race Harley frames etc. I have lots of ideas of cool stuff to build myself, but no way to do it. stuck paying others for now. (but then again I swapped careers so I did ot have to do that stuff every day and could pay to have it done. life comes full circle.)

really enjoy your thread.

OP
OP
Extremneon

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Put the Vyper chair together tonight after work.. Wow.. extremely over built and hopefully should last for a lifetime if not my son’s lifetime.. lol

the white Rubicon in the background is a friends that is in military and is being stored and tinkering on while he is gone.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR Diesel Build (10 years+) E6E4CF9F-251B-4473-BEDD-8655D2456033
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR Diesel Build (10 years+) BF499D18-33FF-4431-9A28-E07D3A47B2C1
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR Diesel Build (10 years+) 72D9B291-0A4C-49BC-8706-23B786A35111
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR Diesel Build (10 years+) C1AF7061-CDEF-4FE0-BF6B-C03B80F18DB8
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR Diesel Build (10 years+) 5D918084-B62C-4DAA-85D3-1DCDE43F6040
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR Diesel Build (10 years+) 20849D84-741C-4AAD-B513-B8751BD982F8
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR Diesel Build (10 years+) 7339E40F-BECF-4D8A-93E2-C94B9EAE5B7F

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Late to the thread, but love the fact that the intention is to hand this over to your son. Slow the build down some so that he can be old enough to enjoy working on it with you.

OP
OP
Extremneon

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miller 220 AC/DC and Texas Metal Works welding table all done. The tanks were not cheap at the local Airgas, $600.. dang.. not what I was expecting.

I have some welding coupons coming also from Weld Metals Online in few days or so, to help practice mig and tig before I tackle anything suspension wise on the Jeep. I hope this setup will take my own personal experience in welding to the next level when I get to work at installing all the suspension brackets and trusses I have planned in the future and make me little less dependent on 4x4 shops in the future when it custom to stuff that requires to be burned in.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR Diesel Build (10 years+) B7FBB9E5-40C0-4EE5-B6B4-37EC104ECA73

Hopefully in few more weeks I will have the ZTFAB Welding cart for the Miller.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR Diesel Build (10 years+) 8DD96552-2C77-41B3-B1B7-15080EFD6967

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR Diesel Build (10 years+) BA8804D6-8A7C-4DFE-9F33-A69474FF7B72

I am also expecting the tool workbench and tool box over the next week or so. This will replace couple of smaller tool boxes I have that are getting tired and pretty full. I picked a new JET bench grinder and Diamond wheel from McMaster I seen on YouTube that fabricators were using to sharpen tungsten over and over with no wear to the wheel.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR Diesel Build (10 years+) C9E69DB6-79B1-4C0D-85A8-4E1647C95E37
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR Diesel Build (10 years+) 2A0333A5-B264-44DA-8690-4AC95D5BC550

I also have custom shop light I am putting together for the welding table that is little custom and different to help with lighting with the garage doors open and blocking the light.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR Diesel Build (10 years+) 3D25D24D-29AE-44DB-B6F2-587CF0C9D234

I know little off track, but my mind is wondering without the Jeep in the garage.. lol..

I did replace windshield bracket in my buddy’s Jeep JL Rubicon that he broke bolt off in the hinge. Which was a bit of pain to get to under the windshield wiper cowl

Last edited:
OP
OP
Extremneon

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some new tool boxes and bunch parts off to powder coating for the Jeep and the shop.

hopefully soon I can get back to work installing all the suspension parts.. and at least now I can weld up all the brackets to the axles and frame.. been putting in a lot of time on the welder to improve my skills.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR Diesel Build (10 years+) 7740B38B-30B0-4576-A709-4AF95BD24072
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR Diesel Build (10 years+) 34021BB7-A2C2-45E7-86DB-FD6A67AD4F3A
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR Diesel Build (10 years+) 60918E11-E589-43E1-BBA0-E5EB5D903343

All off to be sand blasted and powder coated Evo Grey.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR Diesel Build (10 years+) 6625D710-1747-4638-8BCD-F45007CC4BC0
Sponsored