Extremneon

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Thinking today about going full Currie Antirocks for the sway bars on the Jeep and selling the front electronics Disco. Need to look at the rear king air bump stops and possible have them welded in the frame for the rear coilover kit.

I have still have all the Core4x4 Control arms also to sell with front and rear trackbars. I thought somebody would have jumped on them for $1400, especially being basically brand new. I can't use them with the Rebel Offroad doublethrow down kit and will need to go to long arm kit.

Also have the Rubi steel sliders for sale, pulled off with less 1500 miles on them.
Sponsored

BCFRJeeper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler YJ 2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired Navy
Jeep is looking great.

OP
OP
Extremneon

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So been working on the front steering the last couple of day.

Now... my Jeep has no lift on it currently, due to the shock depression.

The Steer Smarts trackbar was hitting the Motobilt diff cover up toward the top. So I removed it and put the stock one back on. Now the OEM one is striking the Steer Smart sector shift brace... ugh..

I am just not sure what to do. I dont want to remove the the sector shift brace now that it's on and my coilovers will not be here until July or so. Maybe I can just remove the sector shaft brace bearing itself until I get a lift on the jeep.

So I post this for anybody with no lift and the same parts.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR Diesel Build (10 years+) 20210316_180558
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR Diesel Build (10 years+) 20210316_180709
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR Diesel Build (10 years+) 20210316_180524

Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
So been working on the front steering the last couple of day.

Now... my Jeep has no lift on it currently, due to the shock depression.

The Steer Smarts trackbar was hitting the Motobilt diff cover up toward the top. So I removed it and put the stock one back on. Now the OEM one is striking the Steer Smart sector shift brace... ugh..

I am just not sure what to do. I dont want to remove the the sector shift brace now that it's on and my coilovers will not be here until July or so. Maybe I can just remove the sector shaft brace bearing itself until I get a lift on the jeep.

So I post this for anybody with no lift and the same parts.

Sorry to hear it brother, sounds utterly frustrating!

-Steven

OP
OP
Extremneon

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear it brother, sounds utterly frustrating!

-Steven
I guess it sometimes to be expected.. Steer Smarts was quick to respond to some solutions. I think I might just put the Steer smart track bar back on and call it good until I can figure out a make shift lift until the coilovers come in.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
I guess it sometimes to be expected.. Steer Smarts was quick to respond to some solutions. I think I might just put the Steer smart track bar back on and call it good until I can figure out a make shift lift until the coilovers come in.
True, it's part of putting a new build together. We're never really sure what plays nice together until it all gets bolted on the Jeep.

Posts like this do serve to inform, appreciate that.

-Steven

OP
OP
Extremneon

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So to help remedy the issue for now. I picked up the Teraflex Peformance Spacer lift kit and shock extensions. This kits has 3" spacer for the front and 2.5 spacer for the rear. This should help give some additional lift in the Jeep until the end of Summer when the Rebel Offroad King Coilovers should arrive.

Will keep it all clean and organized and sell it when the time comes for the coilovers.

Also picked up the Bleepin Jeep alignment bars and set of matching tape measures. This will hopefully get the tow end set correctly with the new tierod and save trip the the alignment shop or get close until the final suspension is on the Jeep.

Also put back the Steer Smarts trackbar on the Jeep for now. Just will avoid driving it to much until the Teraflex kit comes in next week.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLUR Diesel Build (10 years+) 5ba5634cb6e8c10074135ee2

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
You remind me of myself some, habitual car whore, you just have a lot more disposable income.

It seems like the idea that this is a project for you and your five year old son to cruise through the next ten years is a foregone conclusion given the level of mods you're making and you just got the Jeep....lol

If it's truly a project for both of you, slowing down seems in order for him to be able to get some wrench time too...otherwise he is only inheriting Dad's (extremely) modified Jeep.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Extremneon

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You remind me of myself some, habitual car whore, you just have a lot more disposable income.

It seems like the idea that this is a project for you and your five year old son to cruise through the next ten years is a foregone conclusion given the level of mods you're making and you just got the Jeep....lol

If it's truly a project for both of you, slowing down seems in order for him to be able to get some wrench time too...otherwise he is only inheriting Dad's (extremely) modified Jeep.
Yeah you are right... I have been steady modifying it since I got it (Dec 2020) and might need to be on a slower pace.

As at this rate it will be full on extremely modified Jeep in absolutely no time by the time he is 7... lol

There is no telling what it will be like in extended time frame... I have not kept any of my vehicle for more than 3 years or so. The 2008 Mustang was longest one I had and it was complete craziness by the time I sold it.. had went through three motor, two transmissions and two different supercharger setups.. was running E85 and 31lbs of boost when I sold it on a small block stroked 302 and TR6060 transmission with full air ride... haha

So my guess I will be on custom axles, custom cage and armor and possible different motor setup or modified diesel one in 10 year period.. who knows... at this point... lol.. I enjoy the process.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Yeah you are right... I have been steady modifying it since I got it (Dec 2020) and might need to be on a slower pace.

As at this rate it will be full on extremely modified Jeep in absolutely no time by the time he is 7... lol

There is no telling what it will be like in extended time frame... I have not kept any of my vehicle for more than 3 years or so. The 2008 Mustang was longest one I had and it was complete craziness by the time I sold it.. had went through three motor, two transmissions and two different supercharger setups.. was running E85 and 31lbs of boost when I sold it on a small block stroked 302 and TR6060 transmission with full air ride... haha

So my guess I will be on custom axles, custom cage and armor and possible different motor setup or modified diesel one in 10 year period.. who knows... at this point... lol.. I enjoy the process.
Fair enough, when I get a new project I'm nearly drunk with the process researching, ordering, building, rethinking, rebuilding, and so on. Then I get bored with it when it's 95% of the way there unless I make some big changes and go a different direction. I've built several Mustangs, Camaros, Jeeps, F150's, F250's, and so on over the years. Even built multiple ATV's.

Hell I'm in the middle of rebuilding a 2015 JK at the moment because I love to transform something. I've spent more on it than it's worth, but I've had fun with it and will continue to tweak it for another year or so most likely. Then someone will get an awesome deal and I'll get another project to keep my hands dirty and my life clean.

I'm a dad of six kids and can say without a doubt that teaching the current generation is not as easy as it was when I was younger. Their mindset is........different.

OP
OP
Extremneon

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fair enough, when I get a new project I'm nearly drunk with the process researching, ordering, building, rethinking, rebuilding, and so on. Then I get bored with it when it's 95% of the way there unless I make some big changes and go a different direction. I've built several Mustangs, Camaros, Jeeps, F150's, F250's, and so on over the years. Even built multiple ATV's.

Hell I'm in the middle of rebuilding a 2015 JK at the moment because I love to transform something. I've spent more on it than it's worth, but I've had fun with it and will continue to tweak it for another year or so most likely. Then someone will get an awesome deal and I'll get another project to keep my hands dirty and my life clean.

I'm a dad of six kids and can say without a doubt that teaching the current generation is not as easy as it was when I was younger. Their mindset is........different.
That was well said my friend.. I feel the same way, start something new and just over consumed with excitement to research, build and wait on parts to come in.. but it keeps me on a straight path and my mind occupied.

I just hope to instill some of my love of all thing automotive in to my son as he grows up.. just like my father did.

OP
OP
Extremneon

Extremneon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got some more packages in yesterday. All the front brackets from Rebel Offroad for the the double throwdown kit with AGM sliders and braided steel brake lines.

I also the Teraflex Performance Spacer lift kit, so hopefully get that all installed here shortly and make some room for the steering components.

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Did you have your rear bumper powder coated or just spray paint. I'm spraying it....OK results but not great.
Sponsored