Sponsored

2021 JLUR 3.6L AWE Trail Edition Exhaust

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Hey Crew-

Just pulled the trigger on ordering the AWE Trail Edition exhaust for my wife's Rubicon and wanted to get a thread started as I'll post photos and videos of the packaging, installation process, and of course the results before and after.
Sponsored

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
Hey Crew-

Just pulled the trigger on ordering the AWE Trail Edition exhaust for my wife's Rubicon and wanted to get a thread started as I'll post photos and videos of the packaging, installation process, and of course the results before and after.
Canā€™t wait to hear it, havenā€™t been able to find anything on it other than the blue gladiator that posted a vid of it. I think that YouTube link is on this forum somewhere

OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Canā€™t wait to hear it, havenā€™t been able to find anything on it other than the blue gladiator that posted a vid of it. I think that YouTube link is on this forum somewhere
Looking forward to it myself man. I ran their exhaust on my 2019 Mustang GT and it was amazing, I got compliments on it everywhere I went. AWE has a different sound that has been amazing in my experience. Hope the 3.6 sounds awesome too!

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
Hey Crew-

Did they ever post sound clips of this? I really wanted to see if drone was handled in the cabin at highway speeds.

OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Did they ever post sound clips of this? I really wanted to see if drone was handled in the cabin at highway speeds.
I will know sometime soon my man.

Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
that was me.

im ~500 mi in on it and its mellowing and refining really nicely as the resonator breaks in. Im very happy with it. If youre close to the MD line come down and hear it in person.

my son (5) got his first ride in the other day. He loves all things truck, and Didnt say anything for the first 5 miles. I stood on it on the on ramp ā€œWOAH!!! DAD!!!! Your truck sounds like a race car! Thats awesome!ā€ I think thats the most honest review out there, cuz trust me. If something sucks, a 5yo wont hold back. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
that was me.

im ~500 mi in on it and its mellowing and refining really nicely as the resonator breaks in. Im very happy with it. If youre close to the MD line come down and hear it in person.

my son (5) got his first ride in the other day. He loves all things truck, and Didnt say anything for the first 5 miles. I stood on it on the on ramp ā€œWOAH!!! DAD!!!! Your truck sounds like a race car! Thats awesome!ā€ I think thats the most honest review out there, cuz trust me. If something sucks, a 5yo wont hold back. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£
Do you have any videos of the exhaust and how bad is the drone or is there any?

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Do you have any videos of the exhaust and how bad is the drone or is there any?
ive got a short video of a few passes on throttle and off; interior me talking through my choice; and one at request of a JL forum member for steady state 2500r cruise. If theres something else you want, Im happy to try and grab it for you; although im not a pro youtuber or anything.

you will hear the exhaust in the cabin; but ive never heard anything that i describe as droning on it. Its gotten noticeably more refined since those vids. Its more mellow at cold start and idle; and more ā€œrefinedā€ and not as loud at part throttle and at shifts. Smoother sounding might be how id describe it. WOT still sounds amazing with plenty sound.

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
ive got a short video of a few passes on throttle and off; interior me talking through my choice; and one at request of a JL forum member for steady state 2500r cruise. If theres something else you want, Im happy to try and grab it for you; although im not a pro youtuber or anything.

you will hear the exhaust in the cabin; but ive never heard anything that i describe as droning on it. Its gotten noticeably more refined since those vids. Its more mellow at cold start and idle; and more ā€œrefinedā€ and not as loud at part throttle and at shifts. Smoother sounding might be how id describe it. WOT still sounds amazing with plenty sound.

Well poop... may have to pick this up and this is the trail edition correct. I wonder if the cabin in the jl would have more sound reflection, either way Iā€™m intrigued. I wish @awe would post some vids of this on the jl.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Well poop... may have to pick this up and this is the trail edition correct.
it is, but double check with awe on which version of the JL would sound like that. I think the configuration options on jl and jt are different.

Sponsored

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
Awesome review man, thanks for posting this. Glad to hear youā€™re happy with it, seems like itā€™s really tame when you need it to be, but opens up a lot when you get on it, with a great tone. Looking forward to your final review.

Iā€™ll probably pull the trigger on the wrangler tread edition

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Awesome review man, thanks for posting this. Glad to hear youā€™re happy with it, seems like itā€™s really tame when you need it to be, but opens up a lot when you get on it, with a great tone. Looking forward to your final review.

Iā€™ll probably pull the trigger on the wrangler tread edition
Hope it helps! And yeah its turning out to be great for me. Id be ok with even quieter, but im not offended by this one at all. Youll hear it for sure in normal driving, but Its very jekyll and hyde