OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
so i just received my trail edition exhaust for my JLUR... issue is i dont have my JLUR yet :LOL:
quality looks top notch tho
Sounds like we are diametrically opposed to one another! Can't wait for the exhaust to show up!
Sponsored

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
Sounds like we are diametrically opposed to one another! Can't wait for the exhaust to show up!
For what it’s worth, I blew fart noises through the muffler and the tone was awesome, no drone either. Can’t wait to hear it on the jeep!

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 w/ 3.0
All this time waiting and AWE had to do it for us. They now have a YouTube video of the 3.6 with the Trail edition. Sounds Good for the 3.6. Take off it great, but pretty mild while just cruising.

OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
All this time waiting and AWE had to do it for us. They now have a YouTube video of the 3.6 with the Trail edition. Sounds Good for the 3.6. Take off it great, but pretty mild while just cruising.
Yeah I hear ya. I still haven’t received the exhaust myself.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Yeah I hear ya. I still haven’t received the exhaust myself.
Following. Trying to decide between this and the MBRP. Not as concerned with how loud it is as wether it drones or not.

Sponsored

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
is there a correct way to position where the muffler connects to the oem exhaust (where that ball/spherical style exhaust clamp is)? There’s a bend in the awe exhaust right there where it connects before the awe muffler, and I’m not sure if it’s supposed to angled a certain way

aflyguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited 2.0
Occupation
Uber driver in the sky (pilot)
So...whatever happened here?? I'm checking out the trail edition also. Either that or replace the big can with the single pipe HI-Tuck from aFe. It's only $160, stays out of the way, and gets a little growl. Thoughts anyone?

Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Clubs

Resurrecting this one. I have the trail on a 3.6 manual. It's a bit of a love / hate relationship. When I'm cruising around town at a constant speed it sounds great. When I want to blip the throttle for a little roar it sounds great.

Where it doesn't do well - accelerating through the gears. Keep in mind this is the 6MT. It sounds great from idle until about 2500-3000 where it gets 'tinny' for a few hundred RPM and then settles down from 3000 on. It's very strange as it is almost quieter above 3000 RPM when I'm out of the 'tinny' zone.

It's also a lot on long high way drives. I have 37" tires regeared to 4.88 and at 70 mph it is noticeable take cell calls, etc.

Anyone else have these experiences? I suspect I'd like the tread edition sound better, but I don't like the dual exhaust look on a Jeep.
Sponsored