Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
How easy and quick is it to put on? how is it keeping rain out with no doors?
I bought it over the winter and haven't used it yet. I did a bunch of research when I was looking for a cover (I wanted it to be able to go over my sunshade and have enough material to cover my soft top when down) along with being waterproof. The RainGear cover (from what I've gotten from fellow Jeep Peeps) is the cover to do all the above. I will say it's a heavy duty cover and comes in a nice bag/sack. It is the size of a sleep bag though so it's not exactly tiny in it's bag FYI but it isn't made of cheezy material so I can deal with it not being really compact.
Sponsored

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
How easy and quick is it to put on? how is it keeping rain out with no doors?
As I replied to someone else I picked it up over the winter and haven't used it yet. But being a simple cover I imagine it's not hard to deploy or stow (depending on how tight you want to roll it up lol). It is one of the few covers (from other Jeeper reviews) that actually covers the whole opening when the doors are removed and will not let water drip in, plus it over laps over the rear tub so water won't drip into the rear.

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
As soon as we get a good patch of decent weather I'll pull my doors and give a better review of the cover with some pics. Hopefully my tube doors come in from being back ordered soon.

OP
OP
tjsooley

tjsooley

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
https://www.raingearcovers.com/

Check out the Rain Gear Half cover.....
HALF COVER
This is the style of cover you
would want if you ride with a hard or soft top on your jeep. The cover will go up your windshield, across the top of your jeep all the way to the back and drop at a 90 degree angle down to the body. This will have extra material to fit over a soft or hard top while also covering your windows and door area completely.
I ended up going with this. Made in USA worth the extra price

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
I ended up going with this. Made in USA worth the extra price
This sounds like exactly what I need. I have the SOT top and am looking for door-off rain protection. Anyone have any photos of the Half-Cover installed with a top still on?

Sponsored

OP
OP
tjsooley

tjsooley

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
This sounds like exactly what I need. I have the SOT top and am looking for door-off rain protection. Anyone have any photos of the Half-Cover installed with a top still on?
Once I get it and get around to putting it on I will take some. the weather in northern NJ is not looking too good for the next few days though

DV LAWYER

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Any updates on this cover, now that the summer has passed? Thanks in advance.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up getting the Rain Gear cover that @Gadgettr1 shared for fathers day. Absolutely love it great made in America product. Also the company was awesome to work with. Highly recommend. It is much thicker than the one off Amazon and completely covers everything with top in sunrider position. They have a cover for all top configurations.

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up getting the Rain Gear cover that @Gadgettr1 shared for fathers day. Absolutely love it great made in America product. Also the company was awesome to work with. Highly recommend. It is much thicker than the one off Amazon and completely covers everything with top in sunrider position. They have a cover for all top configurations.
Only thing I wish is that the stuff bag for it was bigger LOL. Just gotta plan out your roll/fold.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Only thing I wish is that the stuff bag for it was bigger LOL. Just gotta plan out your roll/fold.
Absolutely, there is no just stuffing it in there!! Bigger and compression straps so it does not take up more room than needed. Even the bag is made out of strong quality material.

Sponsored

Hellraizer

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Here is another solution, and it stays attached to the jeep so you can deploy it easily when needed. Www.mywetwilly.com
I would probably go this direction if i did not already have the rain gear cover.

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Here is another solution, and it stays attached to the jeep so you can deploy it easily when needed. Www.mywetwilly.com
I would probably go this direction if i did not already have the rain gear cover.
I have a MyWetWilly also. I use that for shade on the beach, and it's always there if I need a quick rain cover. But the RainGear cover is the only one I'd trust to stay completely dry in a heavy long rain.

IMG_8164.JPG
Sponsored