mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Hi from Israel!
As we haven't tested these on a vehicle with these specs we can't confirm it will. The way ASFIR works is by test-fitting all of our products "hands-on" to make sure it's a perfect fit.

We'll look for one like this to fetch and test here. stay tuned :)

Cheers,
Reut @ ASFIR
You just hit my radar. Great price for the offering! Do you know if clearance is lost, gained, or the same with your skids?
Sponsored

ASFIR4X4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JK, JL, Gladiator
You just hit my radar. Great price for the offering! Do you know if clearance is lost, gained, or the same with your skids?
We haven't measured it to exact numbers, but there is some clearance loss. I can't say exactly what will be the clearance loss, but a wild guess is 1-2 inch.
We'll do some homework and get back to you with some more accurate numbers.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
We haven't measured it to exact numbers, but there is some clearance loss. I can't say exactly what will be the clearance loss, but a wild guess is 1-2 inch.
We'll do some homework and get back to you with some more accurate numbers.
Appreciate that! Clearance loss sucks, but if it comes with a smooth slide...might be a wash.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
The only clearance I lost was the thickness of the aluminum. 1/4”?

B16CF156-76D6-4E40-BAC7-48A4D5BBD886.jpeg

ASFIR4X4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JK, JL, Gladiator
The only clearance I lost was the thickness of the aluminum. 1/4”?

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLU Oil Pan / Transmission Skid Plate Availability B16CF156-76D6-4E40-BAC7-48A4D5BBD886
It usually is! sometimes tho, the brackets (connectors) can get some extra clearence loss but it just really depends on the plate and vehicle.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

It usually is! sometimes tho, the brackets (connectors) can get some extra clearence loss but it just really depends on the plate and vehicle.
the hole/opening for the oil drain plug. is it big enough to reach in to remove the plug? so you can do an oil change with the skid plate in place. hard to tell from the pics.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
the hole/opening for the oil drain plug. is it big enough to reach in to remove the plug? so you can do an oil change with the skid plate in place. hard to tell from the pics.
Yes. I am considering lengthening the hole towards the rear a half of an inch or so with my carbide burr as the stream of oil can catch there causing it to run down the length of the skid plate coming out the two rear holes pictured. That was a mess to clean up. My garage floor has a very slight grade to it although at least one other person here mentioned the same problem.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Yes. I am considering lengthening the hole towards the rear a half of an inch or so with my carbide burr as the stream of oil can catch there causing it to run down the length of the skid plate coming out the two rear holes pictured. That was a mess to clean up. My garage floor has a very slight grade to it although at least one other person here mentioned the same problem.
i would recommend getting a Fumoto valve. you can get one that is angled down or to a direction. with a nipple that can add a rubber hose to it so you can direct the oil right into a container. i wouldnt run one without a skid plate but with the armor you'd be G2G.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
i would recommend getting a Fumoto valve. you can get one that is angled down or to a direction. with a nipple that can add a rubber hose to it so you can direct the oil right into a container. i wouldnt run one without a skid plate but with the armor you'd be G2G.
Eh…it’s not that big of a deal to carbide it once. IF I smash the skid (a consumable item for sure) having anything with more length than needed just adds leverage to crack and break the threaded area of the oil pan. I prefer nothing but a bolt head there.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Well, ASFIR got my order and I added the etorque skid (seemed a no brainer). I want to give props to the customer service that I didn't even reach out to. I got an estimated ship date (automatic, not sure) and it really wasn't bad, especially coming across the pond. Then, I got a message from them that they were beating the estimate. By quite a bit. They must know we NEED toys immediately :)

Works perfect for me because I will have it before my next trip offroad and I wouldn't have with original estimate.

Sponsored

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Well, ASFIR got my order and I added the etorque skid (seemed a no brainer). I want to give props to the customer service that I didn't even reach out to. I got an estimated ship date (automatic, not sure) and it really wasn't bad, especially coming across the pond. Then, I got a message from them that they were beating the estimate. By quite a bit. They must know we NEED toys immediately :)

Works perfect for me because I will have it before my next trip offroad and I wouldn't have with original estimate.
They have excellent customer service. When I ordered for my 2020 last year, I received it in less than 1 week.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
My Asfir skids arrived today. Early.

Cannot install today as I need to make an out of state run for the 4th of July ;) Has to be today, because tomorrow I have a new pup coming to stay (foster) so I can see how a dog fits in life these days. Hopefully he loves the Jeep.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Does anyone know of these are still the only options for 2021+ Pentastars? Love the low weight of the ASFIR plate but it’s pricey.

I actually found it to be cheap compared to Artec and NV...the others I was waiting on. They also have a skid for the etorque for like $120.
Sponsored