Sponsored

2021 JLU Factory Alarm Question - Doors Off

bigmaduros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sport Altitude - Almost Here
This seems like a dumb question but haven't been able to locate an answer.

If the doors are removed from my 2021 Sport Altitude, does the vehicle lock button on the key fob still activate the factory alarm? Or is there another way to activate it since "locking" the removed doors isn't possible...

Thanks for any help...
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

If the doors are removed from my 2021 Sport Altitude, does the vehicle lock button on the key fob still activate the factory alarm? Or is there another way to activate it since "locking" the removed doors isn't possible...

Thanks for any help...
@bigmaduros

There's no such thing as a dumb/stupid question.

Your question does make me think that you believe the factory alarm offers/ does more then it actually does.

How about explaining why you are concerned...then I and others could address your concerns.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer

Thanks for any help...
With doors removed and in the ignition in the off mode, if you press the lock button on the key fob, you will not be able to start the vehicle until you "unlock" the vehicle. As far as the alarm goes, try opening the hood with the alarm set and see what happens.

OP
OP

bigmaduros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sport Altitude - Almost Here
@bigmaduros

There's no such thing as a dumb/stupid question.

Your question does make me think that you believe the factory alarm offers/ does more then it actually does.

How about explaining why you are concerned...then I and others could address your concerns.
That may be the issue.... I was just wondering if there was any sort of anti-theft system that could still be activated by locking the key fob when the doors were off.

Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
The hood doesn't trigger alarm.
Correct. Since there are two (2) plunger switches on the radiator support, one for the the ESS and one for the hood ajar telltale, I think Jeep missed an opportunity here. The hood ajar plunger could have been used to sound the alarm if someone opened the hood when the the alarm set. Especially since most Wranglers do not have a hood lock.

Pegleg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Vice President - Woburn Sportsmen's Association
The hood doesn't trigger alarm.
I just discovered this a couple of days ago when I installed hood struts. I popped the hood without unlocking just to see if the alarm went off. Sadly it did not. This is one of the stupidest things I have seen considering the hood does not have a lock.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I just discovered this a couple of days ago when I installed hood struts. I popped the hood without unlocking just to see if the alarm went off. Sadly it did not. This is one of the stupidest things I have seen considering the hood does not have a lock.
@Pegleg

With a programmer you can program so horn starts beeping when hood is opened.

Pegleg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Vice President - Woburn Sportsmen's Association
@Pegleg

With a programmer you can program so horn starts beeping when hood is opened.
I can see it now. I drop off the Jeep for an oil change at the dealer and when they open the hood the horn goes off :CWL:
Sponsored