2021 JLU-D - abs and bumpy roads

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler rubicon diesel
Hey,
So I am wondering if anyone else has had this experience yet. I'll be driving down a logging road, 4 high, not rally driving. Hit a bump in the road and then all kinds of alarms start going off. My abs system shuts down, forward collision warning shuts off, I get a message saying the 4x4 system isn't operational (paraphrasing) and it basically goes nuts. Pull over, shut the jeep off, wait a minute restart and everything is cleared off and it's business as usual.
It's only happened twice on me. The second time however it didn't reset after leaving the jeep parked overnight. It wasn't until I shifted into 4 low and back into 2 high, did it reset the abs and collision system. But then my d/s heated seat wouldn't stay on..... Again drove where I was going. Shut it off. Get back into the jeep, started it. No codes, no problems....

Now, I saw on here that the newer shipped Jeeps don't have their fuses fully seated from factory and I popped the hood and sure enough they were all relatively loose. So I pushed them all in and seated them properly. But that was between incident one and two, so I don't think that is the cause in this case.

I haven't yet contacted my dealer yet, it's currently Christmas. So I was going to wait until later to contact them.

I should add, I only have 3600km (2300mile) on it so far too...

Like I said, wondering if anyone has experienced this or heard of what may be causing it.

Merry Christmas, stay safe
Sponsored

Gabe

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Have same issues with my 2020 Rubicon diesel. It has happened close to a dozen times. Fuses are seated properly though some initially were not. It's heading to the dealer again trying to trace down the issue. Hopefully 3rd time's a charm.

OP
OP
Nick's Adventures
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler rubicon diesel
Have same issues with my 2020 Rubicon diesel. It has happened close to a dozen times. Fuses are seated properly though some initially were not. It's heading to the dealer again trying to trace down the issue. Hopefully 3rd time's a charm.
Get them to check the wiring over the rear axle if you can. They found some exposed wiring there on my jeep and they were shorting out. It knocked out my tpms system as well and they were reading zero. They suspected it had come from the factory at is was a harness that went up and over the rear axle and there was no way that anything I could have done to cause the issue driving the vehicle.
Good luck
Sponsored