Sponsored

2021 jlu 2.0L skid plates set recommendation?

Joe44473

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler unlimited
Hello,

I have a 2021 Jeep JLU with 2.0L turbo. I'm looking for the best bang for the buck skid plates set to use offroading that fit 2.0L.
Sponsored

JSBean18

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I've got my eye on the aluminum Artec setup. I believe they are the only ones that replace the factory fuel tank skid, so the whole system ends up adding a bit of overall ground clearance instead of taking some away.

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have been researching this myself and I have found a few different manufacturers. Their pricing do vary. These are the few I am looking at: *Note, I think the Rock Hard most expensive*

Rusty's JLU 2.0 Skid Plate Package
Artec Industries Aluminum Belly Skid Plate
Mountain Offroad
Rock Hard 4X4
Metalcloak
Here's one more for you - had them on a Sahara before trading to the Rubicon.

https://www.asfir.com/manufacturer/...facturer=12200&car_model=12217&car_year=12436

Sponsored

OP
OP
Joe44473

Joe44473

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler unlimited
Thanks for the recommendations so far. Kinda leaning artec as well for the aluminum aspect.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I've got my eye on the aluminum Artec setup. I believe they are the only ones that replace the factory fuel tank skid, so the whole system ends up adding a bit of overall ground clearance instead of taking some away.
I have that. It is a great set up, but the installation is a bitch. Removing that gas tank skid while on my back under the Jeep was not easy - there is one strap that is hard to pull, also very little space for the back brackets. In the end I'm pleased with it. It is totally flush.

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I can confirm that it does fully cover the tank and yes improves the ground clearance by a couple of inches. I would buy it again.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I can confirm that it does fully cover the tank and yes improves the ground clearance by a couple of inches. I would buy it again.
Most, if not all other skid setups cover over the factory fuel tank skid plate which lowers the ground clearance. Artec actually replaces the fuel skid, so it allows the whole system to be tucked further up.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I have the Artec set up - first class but a pretty high price. The Asfir skids are good if you want to exclude gas task skid replacement.

Sponsored

JSBean18

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I decided to go with MetalCloak Skid Plate and 2.5" Lift with Rock Sport Shocks.

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the majority are made for aftermarket bumpers? Trying to find something for the stock steel bumpers. Quadratec makes aluminum ones for the front and the fuel tank, but can't find anyone that has tried them.

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
Most, if not all other skid setups cover over the factory fuel tank skid plate which lowers the ground clearance. Artec actually replaces the fuel skid, so it allows the whole system to be tucked further up.
Rusty's web page says their skid plate system replaces the factory gas tank skid plate and increases ground clearance.

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
just bumping this thread in case anyone wants to talk about how awesome the skid plates they installed are.

I was thinking that for skid plates, the cheaper the better. Am I wrong?
I'm just a working man. Still a few months away from getting skids, as the lift/shocks/wheels/tires broke me and any financial future that I may have had.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I have the Artec and like it a lot. But it’s probably more than I need since I only play in the rocks a few days each year. When I removed my factory gas tank skid I found it to be more robust than I expected and I’m not sure replacement is needed. If I wanted to save money I would instead install the Asfir skids….and leave the factory gas tank skid in place…
Sponsored