Sponsored

2021 JLR issues (several)

ChromeToaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL Rubicon, 03 Honda XR650L
2021 JLR with 6spd, jeep is completely stock save for rancho diff sliders.

Have a few issues I will be taking up with dealer this week but wondering if anyone else has had them as well and what was done to fix them.

Passenger door NEVER closes with normal force, and routinely needs to be reopened and shut harder to close completely and shut off the warning. (tested on flat ground with equal power, driver door works every time with minimal effort, passenger fails to close every time.)

Soft initial braking force and pedal feel but if pumped once they firm up and work way better/feel better repeats every time brakes are used not just first time after start. to clarify I haven't felt unsafe with them yet... but Its noticeable that with 4 wheel disc brakes on the Jeep it feels like less stopping power than my 2000 ford ranger with disc/drum combo

Somewhat random grinding noise that sounds like brakes or ABS when in 4 LOW, happens in off-road + mode and non off-road + one of which is supposed to disable traction control and ABS correct? this is not happening with wheels at full lock or anything but instead either when wheels are straight or only slightly turned and with some flex in the suspension at slow speed with sway bar disconnected usually when going uphill.

Possible gas leaking from/around fuel injectors? Noticed when washing the other day there was some wetness on the dirt that has accumulated under the hood.

This jeep was custom ordered and has just under 5k miles.

Also have the crappy paint around hinges with areas you can see that have light paint or were missed completely by the robot. this is a known issue I've seen mentioned...
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChromeToaster

ChromeToaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL Rubicon, 03 Honda XR650L
Do you smell fuel under the hood?
No smell but there is definitely some wetness on them where they attach to the engine. Maybe it's some light grease/oil or something from initial build?
Sponsored