2021 JL Steering - not a good thing

mitchlittle

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL
I have a 2021 Rubicon that with about 600 miles on it I got tired of the sloppy steering and tracking. I replaced the tie rod, drag link and all ends with new 2.5 ton stuff from RPM Steering. The outcome was nothing short of amazing. The jeep now turns into a corner well, properly tracks back out and you don't have to correct for it. It does not track with ruts or grooves on the pavement. In short, this is how the Rubicon should have been built to begin with. I have spent 50 years building, racing, wrecking and fixing all things with wheels and this is the most impressive modification that I have ever made to a vehicle. This thing is now FUN to drive, and my comparison is my 2019 BMW X5M Competition. Every JL driver out there should know how bad the stock stuff is and how GREAT their rig can actually be. BEST money ever spent and the folks at SUMMIT in Prescott did all the great install work and realignment.
Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
My Islander drives just fine stock….

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Mine was a bit “steer happy.” I just looked, however, and the dealer inflated my 35’s to 40 psi. I brought it down to 32 psi (I’ll probably end up at 30) and I’m interested to see how it handles after this.

KilroyWasHere

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Mine was a bit “steer happy.” I just looked, however, and the dealer inflated my 35’s to 40 psi. I brought it down to 32 psi (I’ll probably end up at 30) and I’m interested to see how it handles after this.
Dealers are notorious for over-inflating tires. I suspect they do it to make the Jeep look bigger.

Sponsored

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was all over the road at 35, but she's just ducky at 25. Chalk test approved.

wandrur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon
My 2021 JLUR steering on the scale of 10 to suck is about a 5.5 despite the newest steering box and tires inflated to spec.

Also, a first post praising a GREAT shop sounds like shilling. 🤷‍♂️

NewsShooter

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Wrangler
My 2018 sucked with a big dead spot in the middle. New to us 2019 steers great, no play in the steering.

Midding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2016 Sahara Unlimited
“ I have spent 50 years building, racing, wrecking and fixing all things with wheels and this is the most impressive modification that I have ever made to a vehicle.”

Yep

Sponsored

Rasselas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S
Dealers are notorious for over-inflating tires. I suspect they do it to make the Jeep look bigger.
No, they and regular repair shops fill tires to near their upper suggested limits for liability reasons. It precludes people who get in accidents from saying that they crashed because the tires didn't have enough air in them.

KilroyWasHere

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Because you think it makes the tires bigger to go from 30 to 40 psi?:facepalm:
Probably slightly. Tires always squash at the bottom. Airing up eliminates this slightly, at the cost of worse wear and traction. Dealer doesn't care about that.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
No, they and regular repair shops fill tires to near their upper suggested limits for liability reasons. It precludes people who get in accidents from saying that they crashed because the tires didn't have enough air in them.
Do you read minds?
they get over inflated because idiots look at the tires sidewall listed max pressure and aim for that. Nobody ever looks at the door jamb.

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
My 2021 JLUR steering on the scale of 10 to suck is about a 5.5 despite the newest steering box and tires inflated to spec.

You can try a Exact Center for free if give us review good or bad . We will give you a loaner to try we will sell it to you at a 20% discount if you want to keep it. There are several forum users who have tried our units. You are welcome to check them for yourself.
Those who have our Exact Center replaces stabilizer but is not a stabilizer it is a power hold at center power return to center device. You can see it here https://roadmasterinc.com/products/rss/exactcenter.php
To find about a free trial you need the contact the inventor's business PIWcorp.com
Email [email protected]
Some forum users are Roky, Jeeps&dogs, Californiajeeping, RedWilly. None are paid all are 100% free to comment as the see the value of the device. There are videos of 5 different pressures tested yesterday. https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=cXdwNU0wajdVWGQtWEJKWVdUTWpIZ2EzZXFWLWxB
We do want more testers and we do have a 7 day loaner program that will start soon.
goto the new SAVE THE STRAIGHT AXLE page on Facebook and post if interested
We feel Exact Center can save the straight axle Watch the video's talk to the users, this is new we are just getting started and we want to know what users want. The pressures tested are a result of tester input, there will be more soon.
Sponsored