Sponsored

2021 JL Sahara with 37s?

fadetoblack188

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
What’s up guys. I currently have 35s with a 2.5 rc lift.
I want to bump up to 37s.

is this a non issue. It’s a straight grocery getter so no trails or anything. I see some
Mentions of axles and gearing? What’s the truth behind that?

thanks

will the 37s be ok on this?
2021 JL Sahara
Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
What’s up guys. I currently have 35s with a 2.5 rc lift.
I want to bump up to 37s.

is this a non issue. It’s a straight grocery getter so no trails or anything. I see some
Mentions of axles and gearing? What’s the truth behind that?

thanks

will the 37s be ok on this?
2021 JL Sahara
I'm thinking there will be some rub unless you have replaced the fenders with the Rubicon high lines. Are your wheels aftermarket and have a good offset/back spacing? Rubicons have wider axles. You will feel the added size and weight lower your performance because of how the Sahara is geared.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
If you're not doing trails then you're just spending money to experience all the downsides of 37's (lower MPG, sluggish acceleration, possible rubbing issues, no winter tire options) and enjoying none of their benefits (greater trail capability).

Personally I don't see it making any sense from a practical perspective. It just amounts to a rather expensive and inefficient "look at me". 35's are the sweet spot compromise between looks and practicality for an on-road Jeep.

Blk340cuda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ram, 2016 Renegade
You should totally do it, after replacing all of your flares first. Then you can find someone from NY to sell your flares to, pending they are LEDs of course…. ;)
Sponsored