Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
if it were me I’d just sell the Rubi take offs and buy the cheapest ugliest shit wheels which would work for shipping the Jeep & tires to match.
It's easy to sell 5 new ruby wheels/tires. I'll get some cheap wheels and 21's for shipping and come way under 75".
Sponsored

OP
OP
J0E

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
My advice, get the cheap JL but add the tow package so you get the stronger alternator and switches in the dash to control your lockers. Ask for 5.86 gears instead of the 5.38's and get electric locking diffs. I'd also get the half doors unless you plan to run no doors at all, they are light and awesome. I do have some concern about starting with a 2-door. My wheelbase is like 104" and I've worked real hard to keep it low. What you describe is going to be very tall and tippy. Cool, but not sure I'd want to go crawling with you!
I ordered a JLR because I need 4:1 xfer case and white painted top. With the 41.8" Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar Size: 42X14.50R17 tires and 5.38 gears, low range is almost exactly the same. I'm told maximum strength close to 5:1 on the differential. You san see them all on the new page I added to my web site https://bt39.com/GearWheelSpeed
My wheelbase is 97". Got the tow package

I bought that domain thinking I would use Dana44's with RCV and go with 39's, hence BigTire 39.

I'm also going with Curie axles because they give more clearance than the Dynatrac ProRock set. The little 2.0l turbo won't have nearly as much torque as your 304 but plenty with the automatic and 8 speed auto in low range.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J0E

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
What ever happened to this build ?
Ran out of time on the mainland so missed the build. I'm back in Hawaii planning the build. I think I'll sell my 2021 JLR in Hawaii and order the exact same thing from Spokane WA with a front camera + gorilla glass, then do the build. I'm really leaning towards the strongest options on the DS Ultra 70 Rear Axle JL - HP and the same thing up front in but in LP. The ProRock 80 in the rear is overkill, too heavy, and loses an inch. The DSTRAC 70 in the front is stronger than the XD60 front, and the DSTRAC 70 in the rear should be plenty strong.
I'll create another post on the camera, but I'm finding my aftermarket front camera not good enough and I think that justifies selling the rig so I can order a new one with a front camera.

DSTRAC has a great reputation and customer service, but doesn't have much social media presence. I'm a bit concerned if they don't start selling more, they may leave the US market.
Sponsored