Sponsored

2021 JL Eco Diesel needing repair?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Sure .. yes please .. tho i do not forsee any issue with dealer at this time, as it’s not dealership who i purchased from .. reason is i bought it another town 50 miles from my home as they had the jeep in stock at the time.. the desperado I’m going to is local , with 10 miles from my home,, i contacted them originally and set appointment for them to overlook my jeep as my rear seat has an issue with material coming apart from under the headrest .. their service manager saw the issue and agreed it’s something that needs attention and exclaimed if the purchasing dealer does not meet my needs then come back and they will address the issue..
so i had contacted our purchasing dealership and explained to them we are going in for service at local dealer instead.
So I’m not familiar with your services ??
what exactly happens with you guys ..?
I’ve got extended warranty on my jeep to cover basic and powertrain to 100,000 miles also purchased their pro pack protection .. so I’m thinking I’m covered rather well..

As my main concern now is my engine ..
well, I’ll find out what’s going on soon and go from there..
To clarify, our team here works with customers who are having repairs performed at a certified Jeep dealer and need an extra layer of support. If you'd like to proceed, feel free to send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

JLJoy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU 3.0 Diesel
Mine has done it from day one, every time and always for the same amount of time.

Mjr.Crash

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler unlimited willy’s
Update .. i stopped opening the hood … running fantastic still with 14k on it now

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Totally normal, but the subject line seems to imply unreliability (although it doesn't seem to be the OP's intent). This is how these issues catch momentum and turn into "the EcoDiesel is a POS" posts.

OP
OP
SCOverlander

SCOverlander

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Diesel
Totally normal, but the subject line seems to imply unreliability (although it doesn't seem to be the OP's intent). This is how these issues catch momentum and turn into "the EcoDiesel is a POS" posts.
The eco diesel has been amazing for the past year of ownership.

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

I posted this question already and got some great feed back regarding an electrical buzz from the engine compartment after shut down that last 2-3 minutes.
The dealer I bought the Jeep from (out of state)is adamant that the noise is not normal and can’t replicate the noise with any of there eco diesels. The second deal says it is completely normal. The third dealer didn’t know but after starting his 2020 eco diesel on the lot I did hear the buzz after shut down but only for 1-2 seconds.
i did make an appointment, however two weeks out. Any of you 2021 eco diesel owners Have this noise or any diesel technicians with answers. Thanks. I posted a video of the buzzing sound.

You need to go back and do your homework. The 2020 EcoDiesel which I ownx is not a second gen like you claim in your statement. It is the third gen the same as the one found in the 2021( yours). I cannot tell from the audio quality, the buzz and what it does after a long drive? a short drive?or just a quick start stop like you demonstrated. The characteristics of this diesel are quite different from a gas engine with it sounds, and more of the unknowing quirks. If it's not broke don't fix it. But for heaven's sakes if you're not sure, the last person you should be asking is your dealership. They are generally less informed that and then the inquiring mind such as yourself. Do your own homework find your own answers by a reputable source. Preferably FCA and the engineers who developed and built the third gen diesel. What do you think the people at the dealership are doing in their free time studying in-depth all the questions that may come forth some people like you. Absolutely not. They will give you an answer hoping you will shut up and accept what they say. That's why you keep getting contradictory statements from different dealerships. They're all full of nonsense and quite frankly they are all ignorant. You can find the answers but it's not necessarily going to be at a dealership. Some if forced will find out the correct information others will just appease you and send you on your way. You must seek out the right answers on your own. Seeking wisdom or the truth of your vehicle and your concerns from the dealer is a thing of the past you much reach and seek further advice and information.

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

The 2020 EcoDiesel came with a supplement Diesel manual as the owner's manual did not have specific diesel info.
On the 2021 EcoDiesel, the main manual is integrated for gasoline and diesel Wranglers.
Well stated and one hundred percent accurate
Sponsored