2021 JL Eco Diesel needing repair?

ks1626

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S Ecodiesel
I posted this question already and got some great feed back regarding an electrical buzz from the engine compartment after shut down that last 2-3 minutes.
The dealer I bought the Jeep from (out of state)is adamant that the noise is not normal and can’t replicate the noise with any of there eco diesels. The second deal says it is completely normal. The third dealer didn’t know but after starting his 2020 eco diesel on the lot I did hear the buzz after shut down but only for 1-2 seconds.
i did make an appointment, however two weeks out. Any of you 2021 eco diesel owners Have this noise or any diesel technicians with answers. Thanks. I posted a video of the buzzing sound.

Yes, I have a 2020, and it does the same thing since I bought it new.

WXman

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It's totally normal. The Gen 3 engine in the Rams do the same. The ECU will run that pump after engine shut-off if certain parameters are met. Also, there's a butterfly valve in the tail pipe that you may occasionally hear after shut down as well.

Kian

First Name
Christian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel Billet Silver
2021 EcoD checking in here.. mine does the same thing.. no matter how long/short the car is on.. it does this humming, coolant cycle.

Advertisement

Smart Stop Start

Advertisement