2021 JL Build Status - Post Yours

Loweguy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Altitude, 2021 Kia Stinger GT
Jesus that is so clean. How are you finding the glossy dash panels and touches here and there? from an altitude model i saw at the gas station the other day, the wheels are very glossy, the jeep logo is matte finish, and the dash panel is super glossy which i think will be the first thing i wrap or paint. I hate glossy and realized the altitude model has a lot more gloss than i'd care for after i ordered. Doh! Also, i thought the sport altitude came with beefier tires, or was i mistaken? I know it's not the willy's type offroad tires but I thought the factory ones were a little more aggressive, no?

Also, i just called my dealer and we're in D1 status with an estimated ship date to the dealer of 07/27/21. Fingers crossed!
I'm not bothered by the gloss finishes. For me the Altitude was the most bang for the buck and this is my wife's vehicle. I like the wheels in gloss black so much that I'm having new tires installed on the wheels Friday rather than doing wheels and tires.

On the tires: I thought it came with more aggressive tires too but expected to replace them either way so it wasn't a big deal. I'm going to 265/70/18 Cooper AT3 with white letters.
Sponsored

JLUAltitude

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Unlimited Sport Altitude
Here's a preview of your new Jeep! This morning we ceramic coated it and protected all of the plastic bits

20210711_140753.jpg
That is amazingly sexy. Congrats and enjoy your new ride. I have ordered a Sarge Green Unlimited Altitude also. Can't wait!!!!

Birdbird26

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport Altitude
I'm not bothered by the gloss finishes. For me the Altitude was the most bang for the buck and this is my wife's vehicle. I like the wheels in gloss black so much that I'm having new tires installed on the wheels Friday rather than doing wheels and tires.

On the tires: I thought it came with more aggressive tires too but expected to replace them either way so it wasn't a big deal. I'm going to 265/70/18 Cooper AT3 with white letters.
I think i'll end up rocking whatever tires it comes with for a few months as upstate ny roads can be kind of rough on tires anyways, i'll reassess the situation once it gets closer to winter. I know my 2018 JL Sport S came with the Tech Silver wheels and had some quite aggressive tires that wasn't considered special order or anything of the sort. Guess there's nothing like the thrill of seeing what i'll get by patiently waiting lol.

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Here we go again. Due to an ongoing issue that I've not been able to get addressed (two dealerships) which led to a Jeep-provided discount, and the super high trade values now. I just placed another order. It turns out I'll have driven my 2020JLUR around for free for a year.

This time, a diesel JLUR in granite.

It was just so much fun waiting on delivery with the lot of you a year ago that I really just had to do it again.

Sponsored

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD, 22 JLUR4XE ON ORDER
Well, Guess I'll add in.

JLURD
Hydro blue
Hardtop
Cold weather
Proximity (forced)
Tow pack

Kept it simple
Ordered/VON 6/19
VIN 6/21-D status for 5 weeks now

Birdbird26

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Apparently my order went JB status as of Friday, so we'll see how close we are to my delivery date of tomorrow..hahaha. My dealer is about an hour from Buffalo which is the hub for the upstate ny area so here's hoping it gets to the hub quickly, and then a quick turn around to get to my dealer.

jeep.mama

First Name
Mama
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
Apparently my order went JB status as of Friday, so we'll see how close we are to my delivery date of tomorrow..hahaha. My dealer is about an hour from Buffalo which is the hub for the upstate ny area so here's hoping it gets to the hub quickly, and then a quick turn around to get to my dealer.
Where can we find out where our hub is? I am in Prattville, AL !

Birdbird26

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where can we find out where our hub is? I am in Prattville, AL !
If i'm not mistaken there's a list on the front of the forum page listing where the hubs are located for certain areas. I'm not 100% but i thought i saw something resembling that.

jeep.mama

First Name
Mama
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
If i'm not mistaken there's a list on the front of the forum page listing where the hubs are located for certain areas. I'm not 100% but i thought i saw something resembling that.
Trying to find it now but can't (even when i do a keyword search)
I swear I'm not computer-dumb!

Sponsored

tiWrangler

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 HUMMER H1
3/24 - Ordered 2021 Jeep 4-door Rubicon 3.0 EcoDiesel
3/26 - Jeep Chat sent "Getting parts needed for production"
3/29 - Jeep Chat sent "VIN# and unit is ready for production"
3/29 - Emailed dealer, and got an updated PoC with VIN#, and status of D1, with estimated ship of April 7th.
04/01 - Dealer told me Jeep was built.
04/02 - Jeep chat " I am showing that your vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided. "
How are you all getting this status info? I have been on chat with jeep, but I don't see anywhere to look it up like this. All the other sites with status codes look different than this, and mind is in additional equipment mode too.

ВџУМεΆј℮℮℗

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMC GREMLIN, GMC SIERRA, 21 WILLYS
If my memory serves me correct. You start Jeep chat. You will need possibly your VIN and build number. You say the correct words to it like you were looking for status. There's a few more questions of I think maybe your name and address even though you already supplied them in the Jeep chat. The Jeep chat is an automated thing where you are not talking to a real person.

tiWrangler

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 HUMMER H1
If my memory serves me correct. You start Jeep chat. You will need possibly your VIN and build number. You say the correct words to it like you were looking for status. There's a few more questions of I think maybe your name and address even though you already supplied them in the Jeep chat. The Jeep chat is an automated thing where you are not talking to a real person.
yes I'm in contact via jeep chat but I never get that list of info... BUT it won't much matter any more because it appears my truck is just awaiting shipment.
Sponsored