2021 JL Build Status - Post Yours

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
It's been confirmed by my dealer: my jeep has definitely arrived at the dealership. Yay! :champagne: It took about a month from order to delivery.

Then I tried to get my affiliate control number, but the affiliate program site wasn't cooperating. Tech support said they had just updated it and it's glitchy at the moment, and I should wait a couple of days and try again. :(
They gave me that same BS about a month ago. My issue was that I had a different log-in for the affiliate program from the one I used for Mopar.com. Once I logged in with my Mopar.com account it all worked smoothly. YMMV.
Sponsored

Jeep55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys 2DR 6MT
Occupation
Retired at the Beach
2021 Willys 2DR 6MT Hard Top. Tech, LED, Convenience, Cold Weather, Tow, 8.4 Radio, Premium Audio and Advanced Safety Packages.

Timeline:

5/21: Ordered & VON
5/24: VIN
5/26: D1
6/7: Framing
6/8: Paint
6/9: Trim
6/11: Released from plant approved for shipping (KZ)
6/21: Shipped with ETA to dealer 6/24 - 7/8
7/1: Received at dealer - drove home same day

6 weeks from order to delivery

Last edited:

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2010 Ford Fusion
Build Thread
Link
They gave me that same BS about a month ago. My issue was that I had a different log-in for the affiliate program from the one I used for Mopar.com. Once I logged in with my Mopar.com account it all worked smoothly. YMMV.
I agree about BS now. I've just successfully created an account and got my control number.

The issue apparently was that the site didn't like my custom domain email address. There was no error message or anything, I just decided to try a different email on a whim and it worked. I would've waited forever for the site to be "fixed".

jeep.mama

First Name
Mama
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
'21 JLU, White, 2.0 I4 Turbo, Automatic, Cloth Seats, hard top, remote proximity, MOPAR Grab Handles, Technology Group, Delivery to Prattville, Alabama

6/18/21: Status: BA (Order placed @ Dealership)
6/22/21: Status: D (VIN/VON assigned and parts are being scheduled/gathered)
7/09/21: Status: D1 (All Parts Received, waiting to start build)
7/19/21: One Month Mark, Estimated Delivery Date of 7/30/2021
7/30/21: JEEP email with updated Delivery Date of 11/3/2021
8/4/21: Status: D (Reverted from D1 back to D; case has been "escalated" supposedly)
8/27/21: Status: D1 (All Parts Received [again], waiting to start build)
9/1/21: JEEP email with updated Build Date the week of 9/6/2021 or 9/13/2021
9/13/21: Status: F (Paint Stage)
9/14/21: Status: J (All build and inspection completed; being prepared for shipping stage)
Per JEEP Chat, 2wk Window for Delivery Estimate BUILD SHEET FOUND!!
9/15/21: Status: JS (Shipping) Estimated Delivery between 9/25-10/05 per JEEP email
9/21/21: Jeep arrived in Birmingham, AL (Dealer Lot is located 100 miles south though)
9/30/21: đź’•o|||||||ođź’•

Last edited:

Loweguy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Altitude, 2021 Kia Stinger GT
2021 Altitude 2.0/8.4/remote start and heated seats. Sarge green. Ordered 6/6 arrived at dealership today 7/7.

Sponsored

BDoerr54

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4Xe, 2020 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-e
What is the affiliate program people use?

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
What is the affiliate program people use?
Brian, go here https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/ search any of the companies you are affiliated with. If one is on the list, you might have to prove your affiliation with that company, then you can use that affiliation to get a 1% discount from invoice on a qualifying FCA (Stellantis) product. In this case a Wrangler. If you are not an affiliate of any of the companies listed, the easiest way to utilize the discount is to become a member of Tread Lightly https://treadlightly.org/support/members/ with a $100 minimum membership. You will get a membership number that will be used to obtain a control number from the FCA Affiliate program. You cannot get the control number less than 30 days after your membership takes affect. The control number will be used by the dealer to obtain your 1% discount off invoice. This discount can be combined with additional discounting offered by some of the specific salespeople mentioned in this forum https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/recommended-dealers-list.1227/ you might have to search a few of the dealers/salespeople listed to get a good discount on an ordered Jeep right now. Shortages and demand have reduced, or eliminated many of them.

Also important to note, the affiliate discount can only be used if the dealer agrees to sell below invoice, otherwise it is not applicable. Many people here advocate for long distance purchases to get greater discounts. My advice is to look at your out the door costs for the Jeep, all inclusive, and whether purchasing out of state may affect your recourse in the case that you get a lemon. Also, from what I have seen, dealers are only interested in discounting ordered Jeep’s, not stock on the lot, if you can find any these days.

This is not an exhaustive list of the benefits and pitfalls of getting a deal on a new Jeep, but it should get you quite a way to figuring it out.

Birdbird26

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport Altitude
2021 Altitude 2.0/8.4/remote start and heated seats. Sarge green. Ordered 6/6 arrived at dealership today 7/7.
That's not a bad turn around time. I ordered 06/18/21 Altitude 2.0,auto,7 inch, remote start and heated seats as well same sarge green, mine still hasn't even started building yet. You had some good luck there my friend.

Loweguy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's not a bad turn around time. I ordered 06/18/21 Altitude 2.0,auto,7 inch, remote start and heated seats as well same sarge green, mine still hasn't even started building yet. You had some good luck there my friend.
Here's a preview of your new Jeep! This morning we ceramic coated it and protected all of the plastic bits

20210711_140753.jpg

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Here's a preview of your new Jeep! This morning we ceramic coated it and protected all of the plastic bits

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JL Build Status - Post Yours 20210711_140753
Which ceramic coating did you use?

Sponsored

Loweguy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We will reapply from time to time but I'm really happy with the initial results.

20210711_140902.jpg

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
We will reapply from time to time but I'm really happy with the initial results.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JL Build Status - Post Yours 20210711_140902
Awesome Thank you!
Looks really good!

I use the Turtle Ceramic Spray wax on our other cars and it works great, (has lasted since late April in FL with heavy rain everyday).
It is good on paint and glass but not good on plastic parts.
Leaves a white residue which is a PAIN to get out.

Doesn't seem like your product leaves that which gets me excited.

Loweguy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I got turned on to the CMX by a Cummins diesel owners group I'm in. It is ridiculously easy to apply and wipe off and seems to work well. I put it on our 2021 Kia Stinger GT a few months back and it has held up really well to car washes and the elements.

Birdbird26

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport Altitude

20210711_140753.jpg
Jesus that is so clean. How are you finding the glossy dash panels and touches here and there? from an altitude model i saw at the gas station the other day, the wheels are very glossy, the jeep logo is matte finish, and the dash panel is super glossy which i think will be the first thing i wrap or paint. I hate glossy and realized the altitude model has a lot more gloss than i'd care for after i ordered. Doh! Also, i thought the sport altitude came with beefier tires, or was i mistaken? I know it's not the willy's type offroad tires but I thought the factory ones were a little more aggressive, no?

Also, i just called my dealer and we're in D1 status with an estimated ship date to the dealer of 07/27/21. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

timshel

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Just put in my order with Gupton!

Sport S 2 Door