Sponsored

2021 JL Build Status - Post Yours

JeePM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
So, I ordered my Rubicon on 7/24. I initially was told it shipped on 9/15. Now I’m told it hasn’t. My salesperson is on vacation and Jeep Chat isn’t much help. I’ve not been given an eta either. Is it super tacky to call the dealership and ask them to give some sort of update?? I just want to know where it’s at, and given an idea of when to expect it.

If the salesman is on vacation go to the next in line, the sales manager. I think its okay to ask for a status update.
Sponsored

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Network Administrator / Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
If the salesman is on vacation go to the next in line, the sales manager. I think its okay to ask for a status update.
I would agree with this. Sales Manager or General Manager. They want high marks on the service they provide (survey/questionaire) and that shouldn't stop because your sales guy is out.

LTLWLLY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy's JLU Hellayella
Currently feeling like this and it's only been 5 weeks :LOL::

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JL Build Status - Post Yours its-been-108-years

Last edited:

Jared1956

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 1964 CJ3B 1967 CJ5
Same here, mine was ordered 8/24 and still not built. Scheduled for tomorrow so my fingers are crossed.

Sponsored

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRUD, 2005 Porsche Boxster, 2011 BMW 335i
Occupation
Traveller of both time and space
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Ordered: 9/8
Vin: 9/18 received
Status as of 9/28: scheduling status but no date yet

Don’t know what that means exactly since it’s not an option in the sticky thread, but no dates for build yet. Will keep waiting...
I bet it's in D status. Jeep Chat never actually gave me a date on my build until 2 or 3 days after it had shipped.

Brenden

First Name
Brenden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon unlimited manual, 2021 Ram 1500 ecodiesel crew
Order 8/26
Today its in trim!

Jeep chat has never given a date. I ask them once a week. Dealer didn't find out till Saturday that the build date was supposed to be today. I asked them every week as well. Always said it was blank.

RTCalifornia

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 X3 M40i, 2019 M4 Cv Comp, 2013 Abarth
Occupation
Multi Cloud Engineering
2021 JL Rubicon (2 Door) ordered from Tuttle-Click in Irvine, CA through Rob Trachtman. 6speed manual with all options exc. Smoking. No Mopar add on.

9/25 Order Placed
9/28 VON received
9/30 VIN received
10/14 Sequence for build (Jeep chat)
10/16 Est. Build scheduled for 10/28 (dealer)
11/5 Firm. Build scheduled for 11/24 (dealer)

Seeing how fast things are moving, not sure why mine is taking so long.

RT

Last edited:

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Mine was ordered exactly 4 weeks ago today and is still not built.
I bet yours is built this week.

Just FYI, chat is still telling me it is scheduled to get to the dealership between 10/12 and 10/26. However, dealership says the latest update is still having the train arriving in Utah the 4th and 2-3 days on a truck to them.

Question for you guys.... how long does it normally take to get a truck to pick these up?

This is a very short haul (if they mean Salt Lake City) to Nampa Idaho. 5.5 hour drive.

I reserved a rental car for the tenth, however, we would have to drive it back with the Jeep to Oregon. 8 hours each way, with gas, same day doesn’t really make sense. I am able to cancel the car though, thankfully.

I also found that the plane tickets have gone up significantly.
Last question for you that may know the answer to. Since I have been told by chat the 10-12 to 10-26 window, do you think the dealership would charge if I held off until 10-24 to pick it up? It will save us quite a bit of money to hold off. I just don’t know if I can wait that long

HEX87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a jeep soon

Just FYI, chat is still telling me it is scheduled to get to the dealership between 10/12 and 10/26. However, dealership says the latest update is still having the train arriving in Utah the 4th and 2-3 days on a truck to them.

Question for you guys.... how long does it normally take to get a truck to pick these up?

This is a very short haul (if they mean Salt Lake City) to Nampa Idaho. 5.5 hour drive.

I reserved a rental car for the tenth, however, we would have to drive it back with the Jeep to Oregon. 8 hours each way, with gas, same day doesn’t really make sense. I am able to cancel the car though, thankfully.

Last question for you that may know the answer to. Since I have been told by chat the 10-12 to 10-26 window, do you think the dealership would charge if I held off until 10-24 to pick it up? It will save us quite a bit of money to hold off. I just don’t know if I can wait that long
I was told by jeep chat 9/22/ to 10/06. The same dates from the dealership. 6 days left and haven't heard anything from the dealership..

Sponsored

Hyperion

First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
2021 JLUR
Ordered 6/15
VIN 8/13
VON 8/16
Was sent from "inspection" to MOPAR custom shop on 9/4;
Status changed to "JS" Shipped to storage at Toledo-Silver Creek lot on 9/14;
Dealer invoiced on 9/16 and status changed to "in transit";
Left Toledo-Silver Creek lot for Toledo-Ottawa lot on 9/21.

15 and 1/2 weeks since ordered
6 and 1/2 weeks since built
2 and 1/2 weeks sitting in a lot
No movement for past ten days.

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
2021 JLUR
Ordered 6/15
VIN 8/13
VON 8/16
Was sent from "inspection" to MOPAR custom shop on 9/4;
Status changed to "JS" Shipped to storage at Toledo-Silver Creek lot on 9/14;
Dealer invoiced on 9/16 and status changed to "in transit";
Left Toledo-Silver Creek lot for Toledo-Ottawa lot on 9/21.

15 and 1/2 weeks since ordered
6 and 1/2 weeks since built
2 and 1/2 weeks sitting in a lot
No movement for past ten days.

omg. So sorry. What in the heck

Snowboardinwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 528i
You should be able to pick up the rental from an airport and drop it off at an airport close to the dealership. I have done it twice in the past and will be going that route when my JLUR shows up at Koons. Mine is still in pieces though.

Anyways, try Travelocity.com, they are great and you would think I had stock in the company the amount of times I use them for trips.

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Network Administrator / Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase

To ramp at the train yard and find a truck ... it could be same day, it could be a couple of weeks. It just depends on when and where you are queued in the VLS and how many truck drivers are driving these around to drop them off. Lower volume stores take a back seat compared to high volume dealers. More trucks = faster delivery. Less trucks, everything is queued and sometimes get bumped to make room for new vehicles that are going to the same place or very close as the rest of the load already loaded.
Sponsored