Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have. I know I’m probably being overly optimistic but a girl can hope, right?!?! Believe me I’ve been reading ALLof the things. I do appreciate all the time you put into posting that info though! I printed it earlier this week and added it to my random stack of obsessive Jeep paperwork. I will try (and fail) not to get my hopes up too high.
Be glad you are in Michigan, they usually get quick delivery after being built. Much faster than the ones going to Australia.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
For those with 2021 orders, there are 71 entered into Crypto.

That doesn't include the ones registered with bad VIN or order date. Also, other Wrangler forums can register onto Crypto so not all of those orders are from this forum.

CapeRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Altitude (On it's way)
Question. Jeep.com is showing an all black steering wheel and instrument cluster on the sahara altitude . But the 2020s are being delivered with the cheesy chrome trim.should I call my dealer and ask what’s up?
A9DB8B0A-7D2B-4245-B517-A2BE44435292.png
Any of the videos I've seen, the Sport Altitude has the black trim and the upscale Sahara has the chrome trim.

pookiebb

First Name
Lynne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Dart, to be turned in when my 2021 JLU gets here
Be glad you are in Michigan, they usually get quick delivery after being built. Much faster than the ones going to Australia.
Definitely a bonus! Yeah, I can’t imagine how much longer it would take for those going overseas. Especially if you know it’s built and then have to wait even longer for it to be shipped and delivered. One more reason for me to be glad I live where I do! Usually it’s limited to weather reasons

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely a bonus! Yeah, I can’t imagine how much longer it would take for those going overseas. Especially if you know it’s built and then have to wait even longer for it to be shipped and delivered. One more reason for me to be glad I live where I do! Usually it’s limited to weather reasons
Actually for some countries it is shipped partially built then assembled in the country so it takes even longer.

Sponsored

Patientlywaiting

First Name
Saint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Patriot
Any of the videos I've seen, the Sport Altitude has the black trim and the upscale Sahara has the chrome trim.
Ughhhh. My friend just got his sahara altitude and it has the chrome. His window sticker says Black . I want black. I’m waiting for the dealer to figure it out and call me back. :(
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JL Build Status - Post Yours C4F195F1-3A32-47E3-A48E-216F7895C001

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It will come with what the factory installs, dealer has no control on it. No one can tell the UAW what to do. Remember when Hoffa tried that?

You can either wait and see what comes in or cancel the order.

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

Placed a new order with @RobTrachtman yesterday. I'll be updating this post as I obtain more info on the build status.

• Quote Approved - 7/10/20
  • Order entered into FCA - 7/13/20
  • POC/VON Received - 7/13/20
  • VIN Received - 7/15/20
  • Status/Pre-production (waiting on parts to be gathered) - 7/15/20
  • All parts have arrived, vehicle is scheduled for and awaiting assembly line work - 7/31/20
  • Build Date of 8/26 assigned (D1) - 8/3/20
  • Build Date of 8/27 assigned (D1) - 8/25/20
  • Build Date of 9/30 assigned (D1) - 9/4/20
  • Building stage (G) - 10/1/20
  • Shipping status (Current ETA to the Dealer is 10/09/2020 - 10/23/2020) - 10/2/20
  • Crypto Email received (build sheet found) - 10/2/20
  • Crypto Email received (sticker found) - 10/3/20
  • Arrived at dealership - 10/14/20

2021 WRANGLER 4 DOOR UNLIMITED RUBICON:
- 3.6L V6 with 6-SPEED MANUAL
- 8.4" RADIO AND PREMIUM AUDIO GROUP
- LED LIGHTING GROUP
- LT285/70R17C OWL OFF-ROAD TIRES
- TRAILER TOW AND HD ELECTRICAL GROUP
- BLACK CLEAR COAT

Last edited:

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
This Motor Trend article says the technology package (sometimes called 7.0 radio) is standard on the sport S. I ordered it and it was on the order sheet, albeit cheaper by $300 than on a 2020. Is the article wrong or am I paying for a watered down and useless option like Sirius radio? I ordered the sport altitude. I looked at the order guide and can't figure this out. I see the same comment in autoblog. How is the technology package on my order if it is standard? I hope it wasn't stupid ordering early.

One step above the base Sport sits the Wrangler Sport S, which now feature the previously optional Technology Group package as standard equipment. The package brings along a 7.0-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, automatic climate control, a 7.0-inch TFT color display in the gauge cluster, a SiriusXM subscription, and other sought-after niceties.

On all Wranglers equipped with the 7.0-inch touchscreen, there is now a special tire-fill alert system. With this feature, the horn honks once when the optimal tire pressure has been reached when you're topping off your tires, and three times when the pressure is too high or too low. For Jeepers who partially deflate their tires for playing in the sand or on some rocks, then air them up at a service station near their favorite off-road spot before hitting the highway home, this is actually a very useful new widget.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-jeep-wrangler-leaked-features-engines-4wd/

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The order guide says it is required if you order a Willys, Freedom, Sport S and Islander. It doesn't say it is required or standard on the Altitude.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That's the way the order guide looks. Of course the only thing that counts is the Jeep order entry system and it looks like it is not standard and not required but a normal option for the Altitude. If the Jeep.com build was setup for 2021 and you went through the options for a Sport Altitude it would probably show it as a straight option but on the Sport S included - maybe why in 2020 there is a $1,700 difference between the two for base price and the 2021 only about $1,500.

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Ok! So I just finished with Jeep chat. Brenda, who was lovely, said that there’s no projected build date but that the parts are in and the vehicle is sequenced for build. As mentioned in an earlier post, it’s a 2021 Willys 2.0T automatic with nothing super special about it. Ordered on 7/7. Von same day, VIN next day. When should I expect a build date to be assigned? Patience....not my strongest suit when it comes to a purchase like this!

Thanks! I’m learning so much from reading all of your posts! Last night my husband basically shamed me into putting my phone down. I’m obsessed!!!

:) Dara

Last edited:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Have you read this:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-build-tracking-and-delivery-process.54344/
First thing it says in Build is you need to learn patience if you order a Wrangler. No other option. You may get yours delivered the week of August 21 or the week of November 12. There is no logic to when it will be built and Jeep Chat will drive you bonkers sooner.
Yep! It’s my new bible! And I need constant reminders of the need for patience. ;)

I just got a text from my dealersaying estimated ship date is 8/15. I realize this can change, but I’ll keep this one in my back pocket and send it out to the universe!

:) Dara
Sponsored