2021 JL Build Status - Post Yours

MotoMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD Granite Crystal Metallic
Hmmm...looks like you get yours before I get mine even though I ordered first! Must be due to the builds we chose. Either way we will both be pretty excited in August! :)
Yeah, I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I'd love to have it that quick, but trying to stay realistic given the delivery history noted on the forum. If it ends up being 3 weeks after this date I'd still consider it pretty fast as I was expecting the worst.
Sponsored

RedWhite05

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I contacted Jeep chat for an update on my order. I got the standard response saying parts have been gathered but no build date has been scheduled yet. I ordered on 6/6/20

pookiebb

First Name
Lynne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Dart, to be turned in when my 2021 JLU gets here
Jeep newbie here! Just ordered my first Wrangler on Monday evening!

2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport with the Altitude trim level in Black (I SO wanted the Bikini Pearl but I ordered way too late)
6 speed manual
Dual top
Alpine system
Upgraded headlights, etc.

CAN. NOT. WAIT!

Husband has a Grand Cherokee and I'm pretty sure he's jealous :rock:

Sagertat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-Door Rubicon
I contacted Jeep chat for an update on my order. I got the standard response saying parts have been gathered but no build date has been scheduled yet. I ordered on 6/6/20
Sounds like your jeep is at status D1. Did they give you a status code?

Sponsored

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
I ordered a 2020 manual Sahara Unlimited on May 25 2020... The last info I got from the dealer (which I had to pry out of them almost a month and a half later) was the VIN and that my wrangler would be a 2021 MY.

Did I miss the cut off for 2020 production, did the dealer sit on the order for a while? What happened? My aging 2009 Mitsu Lancer is really showing it's age and I am not sure it's going to hold out until my new Jeep is ready lol

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
I ordered a 2020 manual Sahara Unlimited on May 25 2020... The last info I got from the dealer (which I had to pry out of them almost a month and a half later) was the VIN and that my wrangler would be a 2021 MY.

Did I miss the cut off for 2020 production, did the dealer sit on the order for a while? What happened? My aging 2009 Mitsu Lancer is really showing it's age and I am not sure it's going to hold out until my new Jeep is ready lol
Sounds like your dealer sat on it, I ordered 3 days after you and my 2020 gets here Friday.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

If you actually had an order on May 25th and not just a price quote the 2020 orders closed June 4th. On your VIN is the 10th character an L or M? L is a 2020 model. If M then you will be paying the 2021 price increases because he didn't get the order in on time. If that's the case I would tell the dealer I'm only paying the 2020 price.

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
Thank you, I can see all the required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced your order for production, it should be entering the build very soon!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, I can see all the required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced your order for production, it should be entering the build very soon!
i have a bridge in Arizona I can sell you also.

Sponsored

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
Sounds like your dealer sat on it, I ordered 3 days after you and my 2020 gets here Friday.
Hmm, thank you for the reply. I don't know if it makes any difference, but I am in Canada if that changes anything.

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
If you actually had an order on May 25th and not just a price quote the 2020 orders closed June 4th. On your VIN is the 10th character an L or M? L is a 2020 model. If M then you will be paying the 2021 price increases because he didn't get the order in on time. If that's the case I would tell the dealer I'm only paying the 2020 price.
As far as I know, it was an order. They took a deposit as one would expect. FWIW the tenth character in the VIN I was supplied is an M.

Thank you for the info Nerubi, much appreciated. I am glad I posted, I wouldn't have known this otherwise.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I know, it was an order. They took a deposit as one would expect. FWIW the tenth character in the VIN I was supplied is an M.

Thank you for the info Nerubi, much appreciated. I am glad I posted, I would have known this otherwise.
They should have given you a POC Priced Order Confirmation with the Vehicle Order Number VON, your name, year and model plus all the options with MSRP and invoice prices.
It sounds like you have a bad dealer and aren't going to be happy for the entire process.

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
They should have given you a POC Priced Order Confirmation with the Vehicle Order Number VON, your name, year and model plus all the options with MSRP and invoice prices.
It sounds like you have a bad dealer and aren't going to be happy for the entire process.
I just looked at the paperwork I have from the transaction... I have a sheet that says configuration preview at the top but it is blank where the VIN or VON fields are shown. Where it says status it shows "pending order"

If it helps I can take a picture of it, crop out sensitive info and post it.

Should I be asking my dealership for this POC sheet? Do they use those in Canada?

Thanks again
Sponsored