Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Ordered 9/19 Sarge Green JLUR.
-10/19 Build found via Crypto
-10/22 Sticker found via Crypto
-10/22 Dealer as well as Jeep Chat confirmed i'm in the "shipping stage"

I live in Toledo and Jeep is less than 10 mins across town, so i'm curious how long shipping will take. Anyone ever order a Jeep and have it delivered to a dealer Toledo?

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Nice.

It seems to be that generally about 2 months from order date to delivery is a reasonable estimate. Sometimes quicker, sometimes little longer....but usually seems to be around there. Think where you are and how shipping goes can have a big impact.

I ordered about a month later than you on 10/7. I'm hoping I can have it before Christmas. I'm in Upstate NY so not overly far from Toledo....about a 4 hour drive.

My over/under date bet with the wife is 12/18 :)

Good luck with your order!

9/3: Ordered
9/8: VIN received
10/7: Build sheet delivered via Crypto e-mail
10/11: Monroney delivered via Crypto e-mail

Per Jeep Chat this A.M.:
"I am thrilled to let you know, your vehicle is now fully assembled and ready for the road! Congratulations! The ETA is currently 10/26/2020 - 11/09/2020. Keep in touch with us for the very latest. I am glad I was able to get that update to you, remember, we are available 24/7 for you."

The foregoing was my only contact with Jeep Chat to date, and I've not called my dealer even once. The rig will arrive when it arrives. :)

Last edited:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
10/29: Jeep arrived at dealer (exactly 8 weeks)
10/30: Appt. at 9:15AM to inspect new Wrangler and take delivery

I just spent an hour removing personal effects from, and tidying up, the Honda that I'm trading in. It's been a good vehicle, but it's time to move on.

CrazyCatMan

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 2022 JLUS Altitude
10/29: Jeep arrived at dealer (exactly 8 weeks)
10/30: Appt. at 9:15AM to inspect new Wrangler and take delivery

I just spent an hour removing personal effects from, and tidying up, the Honda that I'm trading in. It's been a good vehicle, but it's time to move on.
I feel you on the time spent tidying up the trade in. I did the same thing last week, except it took me about 2 hours including wash, dry, cleaning each wheel with a tooth brush, and vacuuming out the car. All that effort only for them to lowball me by over $2,000 on my trade. Needless to say we left without a jeep that day, but I ordered my 2021 JLUR this past monday, and things are off to a much better start with this new dealer. Hoping mine falls within the 6-8 week time frame my sales rep gave me.

I also feel you about it being time to move on. 4 of the last 5 vehicles I've owned were Subarus. I wanted an STI since I was 17 years old, and I've owned 2 of them since then, including the one I have now. But its time to move on to something more practical. My wife hates driving it, hates riding in it, and wasn't too pleased that I just went out and bought it last year. At least with this Rubicon, I discussed it with her at great length and stayed within the budget that we both agreed to. Best of all, we'll both be able to go out and have fun on the trails whether it be in my Rubicon, her Sahara, or both. I'm looking forward to moving on from the rice rocket stereotype that follows this car around like a rain cloud.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I feel you on the time spent tidying up the trade in. I did the same thing last week, except it took me about 2 hours including wash, dry, cleaning each wheel with a tooth brush, and vacuuming out the car.

All that effort only for them to lowball me by over $2,000 on my trade. Needless to say we left without a jeep that day, but I ordered my 2021 JLUR this past monday, and things are off to a much better start with this new dealer. Hoping mine falls within the 6-8 week time frame my sales rep gave me.
The Honda that I'm trading was already appraised on the 9/3 order date; I have the valuation in writing. I had this done prior to me choosing to order my new JL. If said valuation was below the threshold that I had set for myself, I'd have driven away. We came to terms, though, which was nice.

The dealer reserves the right to reexamine the vehicle (really, just a quick look-see and a mileage check) to authenticate that nothing adverse has occurred since the date of the original valuation. Thus my modest tidy-up this afternoon.

CrazyCatMan

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 2022 JLUS Altitude
The Honda that I'm trading was already appraised on the 9/3 order date; I have the valuation in writing. I had this done prior to me choosing to order my new JL. If said valuation was below the threshold that I had set for myself, I'd have driven away. We came to terms, though, which was nice.

The dealer reserves the right to reexamine the vehicle (really, just a quick look-see and a mileage check) to authenticate that nothing adverse has occurred since the date of the original valuation. Thus my modest tidy-up this afternoon.
I probably should've had the sales manager do an official estimate before I ordered. We were conversing back and forth about what I might get for my Subaru and he "said" a safe guess would be around $25,000 which is the least I hoped to get (I didn't mention that to him). He also "said" as long as I don't wreck it or put 15,000 miles on it between now and trade in, then I "should be" pretty safe. Needless to say I'm going to pay my Subaru down past the $25,000 mark and leave myself some wiggle room.

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I sense that Wrangler's are a popular "moving on" vehicle choice.

The last car I owned that I really wanted to own was a Hummer H3 back in the early 2000's. Since about 2008, I've had a line of Acadia's basically for their family convenience and that they were tolerable family cars.....But not really because I really wanted them.

I'm finally to the point where I was able to go out and get a vehicle I really wanted and placed a JLUR order a few weeks ago. Have never had a Jeep, but it's something I've always wanted. Have never been off-road, but it's something I hope to do. Basically just looking forward to having a vehicle I can have some fun with again and something I can enjoy. And to having a vehicle in a Jeep that doesn't look like every other vehicle on the road like the Acadia does.

So definitely can get behind that moving on vibe.

I feel you on the time spent tidying up the trade in. I did the same thing last week, except it took me about 2 hours including wash, dry, cleaning each wheel with a tooth brush, and vacuuming out the car. All that effort only for them to lowball me by over $2,000 on my trade. Needless to say we left without a jeep that day, but I ordered my 2021 JLUR this past monday, and things are off to a much better start with this new dealer. Hoping mine falls within the 6-8 week time frame my sales rep gave me.

I also feel you about it being time to move on. 4 of the last 5 vehicles I've owned were Subarus. I wanted an STI since I was 17 years old, and I've owned 2 of them since then, including the one I have now. But its time to move on to something more practical. My wife hates driving it, hates riding in it, and wasn't too pleased that I just went out and bought it last year. At least with this Rubicon, I discussed it with her at great length and stayed within the budget that we both agreed to. Best of all, we'll both be able to go out and have fun on the trails whether it be in my Rubicon, her Sahara, or both. I'm looking forward to moving on from the rice rocket stereotype that follows this car around like a rain cloud.

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JKR, '21 JLUR, '21 Tesla MYP, '22 4XE ordered
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
Just picked her up! Ordered in Early Sep and took less than 8 weeks to arrive... I think I totally lucked out! This build had a MSRP of $47.7 and Rob Trachtman at Tuttle Click Jeep in Irvine hooked it up for below invoice. Thank you!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JL Build Status - Post Yours 20201110_133031

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JL Build Status - Post Yours 20201110_133452

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JL Build Status - Post Yours Screenshot_20201110-232407_Dropbox

Sponsored

BLuRRnAWAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon
Right there with you, STI is cheap, outdated and need a major overhaul but sadly we won’t see that until 2023. I decided to order a JL diesel rubicon in replacement of my 3.6 19’ rubicon!

mellowjd

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX 460
Should I be concerned about my Jeep order? Ordered a Rubicon Diesel with most of the options. Dealer did not require a deposit or purchase agreement.

10/14 Ordered placed
10/19, Received VIN, did not include POC
10/26 Dealer responded to inquiry with Est. Ship date of 11/18
11/10 Build sheet found in Cryptostickers, sent inquiry to dealer, no response
11/18 Sent inquiry to dealer for status update, no response
11/19 Sent inquiry to dealer, no response

The salesman has always been extremely responsive to emails, until the last 3 inquiries, maybe he is on vacation, I'm not sure. Making me a little nervous... should I be concerned?

rocky4by

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ram cummins
Should I be concerned about my Jeep order? Ordered a Rubicon Diesel with most of the options. Dealer did not require a deposit or purchase agreement.

10/14 Ordered placed
10/19, Received VIN, did not include POC
10/26 Dealer responded to inquiry with Est. Ship date of 11/18
11/10 Build sheet found in Cryptostickers, sent inquiry to dealer, no response
11/18 Sent inquiry to dealer for status update, no response
11/19 Sent inquiry to dealer, no response

The salesman has always been extremely responsive to emails, until the last 3 inquiries, maybe he is on vacation, I'm not sure. Making me a little nervous... should I be concerned?
Its best to call your dealer and ask for you sales man, tell him you would like to know the status of all your questions. I to was emailing and texting our dealer I am working with, and was getting no response. So I called him and found out that our Rubicon we ordered on 10/29 has a code of KZ-R and is on its way, and will be in Utah on the 11/30 and then up to Idaho :like:

RTCalifornia

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 X3 M40i, 2019 M4 Cv Comp, 2013 Abarth
Occupation
Multi Cloud Engineering
My JLR order at Tuttleclick.com in Irvine, CA.

JLR 2door, mt with almost all options.

Order Placed via phone (9/25)
VON received from dealer (9/28)
VIN received from dealer (9/30)
Sequence for build status - jeep Chat (10/14)
Est. Build set for Oct, 28 - from dealer (10/16)
Firm. Build now scheduled for Nov. 24th - from dealer (11/5)
Production started - jeep Chat (11/20)
In Painting - jeep Chat (11/21)
Build found on Crypto (11/24)
Sticker found using vin (11/25)
In transit to dealer - jeep Chat (11/25)
On rail car, passing North Platt, NE - from dealer (11/30)
On rail car, passed Utah - from dealer (12/2)
Arrived at destination. Waiting to unload (12/4)
Arrived at Dealership (12/11)

So in Summary:
Vin available - 3 days
Build - 8 weeks
Shows on Crypto - 8 weeks and 4 days

Railcar from Toledo to Los Angeles rail yard - 9 days
Los Angeles Rail yard to Dealership - 5 days

Total time Order to Delivery: 11 weeks

Last edited:

mark1820

First Name
Mark