Sponsored

2021 JL Build Status - Post Yours

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a benefit to ordering now instead of waiting a month or more? They are not building 2021s until August and the line is not first come first serve, so what is the point? Don't get me wrong, my order should be placed this week, I am guessing whatever formula goes into the line order will prioritize early birds to some degree, but do we know June 15th orders go before August 1st order if the same build?
Sponsored

dmc1068

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys 4dr JL and 2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys 2dr JL
2021 Willys
8spd auto
Sarge Green
Black interior
Trailer Tow
Black hard top
Cold Weather group
Safety Group (Only because I wanted LED taillights)
Convenience Group
7" radio
MOPAR Hardtop Headliner
Destination Chicago

I already ordered the Diabolical Slipstream.
Mopar fuel door (was an option on wife's 2020 Willys
Bolt Hood lock and Terraflex JL antenna bracket

Ordered 6/16/20 I haven't received my VIN yet.

Was going to change order and add dual top but it would put it back even more, Looked at best top will just buy from them.

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Is there a benefit to ordering now instead of waiting a month or more? They are not building 2021s until August and the line is not first come first serve, so what is the point? Don't get me wrong, my order should be placed this week, I am guessing whatever formula goes into the line order will prioritize early birds to some degree, but do we know June 15th orders go before August 1st order if the same build?
I dont know. I was going to order one anyway, so I figured go ahead and do it. I am expecting September delivery, so if it shows up earlier than that, awesome.

OP
OP

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
My assumption (and deep hope) is that they will begin 2021 production early. Orders weren’t supposed to open until July, and instead they opened the first week of June. Also, the factory typically closes for 3 weeks every summer for retooling, which FCA has announced will not be happening this year to meet production needs.
My uneducated guess is they will begin 2021 production in July.

dmc1068

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont know. I was going to order one anyway, so I figured go ahead and do it. I am expecting September delivery, so if it shows up earlier than that, awesome.
i'm really hoping earlier than September. Originally they weren't suppose to start production on 2021s until August 10th but they're telling me it will be sooner as they anticipate being done with 2020s soon because there are not that many on order. I was told my build is slated to begin mid July. Not sure how true that is.

Sponsored

dmc1068

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My assumption (and deep hope) is that they will begin 2021 production early. Orders weren’t supposed to open until July, and instead they opened the first week of June. Also, the factory typically closes for 3 weeks every summer for retooling, which FCA has announced will not be happening this year to meet production needs.
My uneducated guess is they will begin 2021 production in July.
That is what I heard. Not much to retool as there is very little change except options. Also with the fact that workers were not working for so long they don't want to be shut down again.

OP
OP

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
i'm really hoping earlier than September. Originally they weren't suppose to start production on 2021s until August 10th but they're telling me it will be sooner as they anticipate being done with 2020s soon because there are not that many on order. I was told my build is slated to begin mid July. Not sure how true that is.
Did your salesperson tell you this? If so, this is exactly the news I was hoping for!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Some with 2020 orders are being told expected build of end of June first week of July. The same Jeep Chat (and some dealers) that has said vehicles were built and on a railcar to the dealer. Then a few days later the status reported as sitting in the parking lot at Toledo.
I can say for those that registered on Crypto there are 120 orders with valid 2020 order dates and valid VINs waiting to go. Lately there have been 30 to 40 of them a week heading out the door.

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Last week the dealer I was at said 2021 wrangler orders are not being taken yet. I checked online and I can order a 2020, but they actually are not taking anymore 2020 orders.

How do I order a 2021 Wrangler?

Sponsored

dmc1068

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last week the dealer I was at said 2021 wrangler orders are not being taken yet. I checked online and I can order a 2020, but they actually are not taking anymore 2020 orders.

Go to a different dealer. That is just laziness. Went in to order a 2020 and ordered what I wanted. Sales man said only 2021s can be ordered. Told me price difference and asked if I still wanted to order.

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Go to a different dealer. That is just laziness. Went in to order a 2020 and ordered what I wanted. Sales man said only 2021s can be ordered. Told me price difference and asked if I still wanted to order.
To my surprise last week, this guy said Employee pricing was still available on Saharas. Sat there for about and hour and a half, finding one on the lot since he said I could not order. Found one that was very close to what I wanted and he walks away and comes back and says sorry, that employee prices ended a few days ago. As far as I know employee pricing ended in April.

How does someone at that sells maybe 5 or 6 model of vehicles not know that employee pricing was no longer available?

I have another guy online that I am emailing back and forth and insists that MSRP is dealer invoice pricing of a Jeep they have on the lot. Won't give me a straight answer on price.

I hate buying cars.

OP
OP

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey

Find another dealer that isn’t lying to you or lazy. 2021 orders opened up almost 3 weeks ago.

Edit: Check the Recommended Dealer Thread for plenty of salespersons that are willing to take your money, and offer you a great deal. They get it.

Last edited:

David P.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

I ordered mine thru @Travis@TriCityJeep and the process was super smooth - 8% below invoice! Just tell him which model and options you want and you’ll have a build sheet a few minutes later!

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I ordered mine thru @Travis@TriCityJeep and the process was super smooth - 8% below invoice! Just tell him which model and options you want and you’ll have a build sheet a few minutes later!
One would think the home of the Jeep would offer some discounts, but so no one will budge off of MSRP.

Best I can do is Friends and Family which is about a 1% discount under invoice. Working on getting an Employee control number from an exec. Apparently they get 2 a year they can give out. I know a few mid level FCA employees that are asking around. That would be ideal and simplify things but my hopes are not high.

NC is a long way from Michigan and not good for the break in period.
Sponsored