Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.groundswell-studio.com
Vehicle(s)
93 YJ Wrangler, 2021 Willys JLU O|||||||O
Occupation
Marketing & Creative Director / Web Designer
Not yet. Haven’t really followed up much with the dealership I’ve been busy shopping for a refinance of my mortgage. So I can afford the Jeep
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Not yet. Haven’t really followed up much with the dealership I’ve been busy shopping for a refinance of my mortgage. So I can afford the Jeep
Since late July?

nap914

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler unlimited
I'm still waiting on an update to my date. Was originally told 8/14, but that's in two days! My dealer checks for updates daily so that's nice. It's soooo hard waiting. I'm excited to see some of you getting progress on yours.

jkw1991

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
My first JW. '21 Sahara Unlimited - Cust Prfd Pkg 25G/Sarge Grn/3.6L V6/8spd/Cloth/Anti-Spin Diff/Floor Mats/Hardtop Hdlnr/Dual Top/Tow Elec Grp/Cold Weather Grp/Body Color Had Top. MSRP $50,155 inc Dest Chrg. Sale Price $47,984 (+tax/fee). Unknown at this point what Chrysler financing options will be available for '21's.

6/17 - Ordered. Dealer required $1000 order deposit. Told 8-10 weeks.
7/13 - Inquired dealer as to status. Told D1 and waiting on build date.
8/3 - Inquired dealer as to status. Told estimated ship date is 8/13.
8/4 - Inquired dealer as to financing terms/offers. Told none available yet.
8/9 - Inquired dealer for VIN. Reply TBD.

And.....the waiting is the hardest part.
What’s included in the 25G Customer Preferred Pkg?

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Many thanks for responses/feedback. UPDATE - Dealer got me the VON today, but did not have VIN.
I went to Jeep Chat and provided the VON. I was given the VIN and told all the materials were assembled with the build process starting very soon. I asked for EST build/ship dates, and was told, none available. To recap, on 8/3, the EST ship date was 8/13, so makes sense no longer available as things have shifted/changed this past week with production kicking up a notch, as people have previously posted info regarding delays.
The estimated ship date is the estimated build date. In the perfect world build and ship would be the same day but they aren't. Ship date can be 1 to 30 days after build starts.

Pharmguy75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 21 Audi Q7
Anyone know 100% if the 2021's have the new steering box replacement from this TSB 08-074-20 JL steering issue? From what I've read on the forums here, parts will not be available until mid September.

srs148

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR, 2014 Jeep GC Summit
Anyone know 100% if the 2021's have the new steering box replacement from this TSB 08-074-20 JL steering issue? From what I've read on the forums here, parts will not be available until mid September.
Good question since mine is being built this month. Who even has an idea of when parts are available at the factory? Do you have a thread that points to it definitively? Last I heard, this was hearsay.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I don't know squat, but if there is a TSB out, I suspect that 2021s will have the new parts. It would be a waste for them to be currently installing the old steering box. It would seem that the first thing a manufacturer would do is stop the bleeding.

Sponsored

srs148

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR, 2014 Jeep GC Summit
I don't know squat, but if there is a TSB out, I suspect that 2021s will have the new parts. It would be a waste for them to be currently installing the old steering box. It would seem that the first thing a manufacturer would do is stop the bleeding.
Agree 100%. First thing they would do is to begin incorporating the new steering box on existing production and then make the parts available for TSB work.

BLAM

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Previous Post was Order Date 7/16/20
As it is now 8/13/20: D1 Confirmed so it's ready to be built, at least better than D!
Transcript might help others as I got around some Code talk. Gateline = D1 - Firm = D(Parts in a corner)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me: Is it Gateline Scheduled? or just Firm Schedule? (Not discussing codes, just descriptions)
Amber: This stage is considered Gate line schedule
Me: Excellent. Thank for your Help Amber, have a great day!
Amber: You're very welcome, Nicholas! have a great rest if your day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Typo on Amber's part also leads me to believe these are real people :)

Last edited:

VandalayInc

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
The estimated ship date is the estimated build date. In the perfect world build and ship would be the same day but they aren't. Ship date can be 1 to 30 days after build starts.
Dealer sent me my updated order sheet this afternoon showing Status = "Unit is pending final inspection". I was surprised and did not expect the update. Estimated shipping is 8/14 at 1:59AM, which, is strangely so specific, yet most likely irrelevant in lieu of the QA process possibly taking days-to-weeks to resolve. But, QA-away because I'm all about getting it right the first time and having no problems/recalls. Measure twice, cut once.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Once into shipping (not a Jeep function but railroad and truck companies) the Transit Logistics Systems are more accurate. Railroad gives more data because it passes more check points then a direct to dealer truck transport. Usually trucks are used within 250 miles of the factory so don't know where you ordered it from could be either.

Ask your dealer if they have a transport logistics system like Rubicon VLS. As how it is scheduled to be shipped to the dealer - full truck route or rail then truck.

You are right that estimated time/date out the factory door is made so transit can make some plans. But they are subject to change based on delays getting out the door. Plus they don't instantly get on a truck/train. There are several large parking lots neart he factory full of Wranglers waiting for their ride.

nap914

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler unlimited
My dealer just called. My jeep is built and shipped to storage. The updated shipping date to the dealer is 8/28. He was confused why it went to storage, thought maybe they were waiting to release the 2021s? Anyway...it's almost here!
Sponsored