First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
My first JW. '21 Sahara Unlimited - Cust Prfd Pkg 25G/Sarge Grn/3.6L V6/8spd/Cloth/Anti-Spin Diff/Floor Mats/Hardtop Hdlnr/Dual Top/Tow Elec Grp/Cold Weather Grp/Body Color Had Top. MSRP $50,155 inc Dest Chrg. Sale Price $47,984 (+tax/fee). Unknown at this point what Chrysler financing options will be available for '21's.

6/17 - Ordered. Dealer required $1000 order deposit. Told 8-10 weeks.
7/13 - Inquired dealer as to status. Told D1 and waiting on build date.
8/3 - Inquired dealer as to status. Told estimated ship date is 8/13.
8/4 - Inquired dealer as to financing terms/offers. Told none available yet.
8/9 - Inquired dealer for VIN. Reply TBD.

And.....the waiting is the hardest part.
Your estimated ship date is in four days, but you don't have a VIN yet? Contact Jeep Chat tomorrow with your VON in hand.
Sponsored

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

My first JW. '21 Sahara Unlimited - Cust Prfd Pkg 25G/Sarge Grn/3.6L V6/8spd/Cloth/Anti-Spin Diff/Floor Mats/Hardtop Hdlnr/Dual Top/Tow Elec Grp/Cold Weather Grp/Body Color Had Top. MSRP $50,155 inc Dest Chrg. Sale Price $47,984 (+tax/fee). Unknown at this point what Chrysler financing options will be available for '21's.

6/17 - Ordered. Dealer required $1000 order deposit. Told 8-10 weeks.
7/13 - Inquired dealer as to status. Told D1 and waiting on build date.
8/3 - Inquired dealer as to status. Told estimated ship date is 8/13.
8/4 - Inquired dealer as to financing terms/offers. Told none available yet.
8/9 - Inquired dealer for VIN. Reply TBD.

And.....the waiting is the hardest part.
If you have your VON, you can get your VIN from the Jeep Chat. If you don't have a VON, then your dealer may still be sitting on your order.

RedWhite05

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I contacted Jeep Chat this morning for a status update. She said my order is currently waiting to enter the build process. She did confirm they've been told the 2021 model year is scheduled to start production this week.

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

I contacted Jeep Chat this morning for a status update. She said my order is currently waiting to enter the build process. She did confirm they've been told the 2021 model year is scheduled to start production this week.
So, she gave you the VIN, right? I've got mine from Jeep Chat before a couple days later after I've got my VON.

pookiebb

First Name
Lynne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Dart, to be turned in when my 2021 JLU gets here
Tempted to bug Jeep Chat to see if they can give me any good news, since my sales guy (and his manager) are both ignoring me. Why is good customer service so impossible to get anywhere anymore. . . Don't get me started on the mess we've been dealing with with a dead fridge (3 year old LG died 50+ days ago and we still don't have it fixed or a replacement). :angry:

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tempted to bug Jeep Chat to see if they can give me any good news, since my sales guy (and his manager) are both ignoring me. Why is good customer service so impossible to get anywhere anymore. . . Don't get me started on the mess we've been dealing with with a dead fridge (3 year old LG died 50+ days ago and we still don't have it fixed or a replacement). :angry:
If this makes you feel better, we just had our 12 year-old GE Monogram fixed. The repair guy said that LGs were currently the best out there.

pookiebb

First Name
Lynne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If this makes you feel better, we just had our 12 year-old GE Monogram fixed. The repair guy said that LGs were currently the best out there.
If they cut us a check to replace it, I'm going to get something other than LG. Between it dying this early on and the absolutely atrocious customer service, I'm not doing it unless they just bring me a new fridge. They're sending another tech out tomorrow to determine if it's a manufacturing defect. Between time off for repair peeps and hours on the phone, I am so over it.

pookiebb

First Name
Lynne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel like Jeep Chat was getting snippy with me. I really haven't bothered them much. Like once a week the past couple weeks, but not all the time or anything. But I got this earlier:

"The Wrangler is currently in the pre-production stage which means that all of the parts have been gathered so that it can enter into the build process. At this time I do not have an estimate for when the build will begin as we have not had any announcements for when the 2021 production is going to start. I would suggest allowing a week to pass then contact us back for an update, but we are available 24/7 if you do want to contact back sooner." (I bolded the snippy line, not him.)

Gee thanks Jeep Chat.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Interesting. I've chatted with them each Monday morning for a month, but they haven't chastised me yet. I can see if you were pinging them on a daily basis, but once a week is par for the course.

pookiebb

First Name
Lynne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. I've chatted with them each Monday morning for a month, but they haven't chastised me yet. I can see if you were pinging them on a daily basis, but once a week is par for the course.
I know, right? I'm always nice and pleasant. Try to be friendly, say please and thank you. Haven't yelled at anyone. . . Don't get it. We're probably all bombarding them today with the hope that someone will say "2021s are on the line". But seriously, why me???

Sponsored

hazylogic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade; 2021 JLUR on order
I feel like Jeep Chat was getting snippy with me. I really haven't bothered them much. Like once a week the past couple weeks, but not all the time or anything. But I got this earlier:

"The Wrangler is currently in the pre-production stage which means that all of the parts have been gathered so that it can enter into the build process. At this time I do not have an estimate for when the build will begin as we have not had any announcements for when the 2021 production is going to start. I would suggest allowing a week to pass then contact us back for an update, but we are available 24/7 if you do want to contact back sooner." (I bolded the snippy line, not him.)

Gee thanks Jeep Chat.
I've gotten that last line with a few of them, but have only been checking on Mondays (except for this past Friday, my original "estimated ship date")

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

Gee thanks Jeep Chat.
This looks like a canned reply I've got from Jeep Chat last week.

jmj8355

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 2.0
Ive stopped even trying with Jeep Chat. I cant handle the canned responses and im sure its not their fault. Wish there was somewhere that could just spit out the simple code that it seems like the dealers have access to. Seems like those codes are the only thing that mean much.

VandalayInc

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
If you have your VON, you can get your VIN from the Jeep Chat. If you don't have a VON, then your dealer may still be sitting on your order.
Many thanks for responses/feedback. UPDATE - Dealer got me the VON today, but did not have VIN.
I went to Jeep Chat and provided the VON. I was given the VIN and told all the materials were assembled with the build process starting very soon. I asked for EST build/ship dates, and was told, none available. To recap, on 8/3, the EST ship date was 8/13, so makes sense no longer available as things have shifted/changed this past week with production kicking up a notch, as people have previously posted info regarding delays.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Problem with Jeep Chat is that they aren't really effective on any hard questions. For instance, for 2021, a new rock rail is available for all Rubicons except the JLURD, but no dealer can explain why. Seems odd since engine choice doesn't appear to impact rock rail mounting , but it must somehow. This is the type of query that they should be able to run down for customers. But...they can't/won't. Which leaves order queries as their main purpose, for me at least, and now they are sending out scripts that discourages that activity.
Sponsored