Sponsored

2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys 3.0 Diesel

HEX87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a jeep soon
I received a final offer of 1k over invoice on my custom Willy from a dealership. No extra add-ons from the dealership (GPS trackin, tinted window, rims anti-theft, etc) just Doc fees of 702$ and taxes. The MSRP on my custom build diesel was $49,400. The Invoice was $47,000+, and with the 1k over invoice for total of $48k+...

What you guys thought think? Am I getting screwed over? Do I have any more negotiation because I'm ordering from the factory to be custom made? Anyone got any input?
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, they are taking you. Also, you can join Tread Lightly to get at least 1% below invoice. You have to join 30 days prior to using the discount. Dealer participation is optional but most honor it. Also there is Bonusdrive.com of $250 after it arrives.

Is there another dealer in your area you can get a quote from? What is your location since deals and prices vary by where you buy. You could also consider non-local dealers where you might get up ti 7% below invoice.

OP
OP
HEX87

HEX87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a jeep soon
Yeah, they are taking you. Also, you can join Tread Lightly to get at least 1% below invoice. You have to join 30 days prior to using the discount. Dealer participation is optional but most honor it. Also there is Bonusdrive.com of $250 after it arrives.

Is there another dealer in your area you can get a quote from? What is your location since deals and prices vary by where you buy. You could also consider non-local dealers where you might get up ti 7% below invoice.
I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. The sale manager made it clear they are only making 1k on this deal that's why I'm getting that price of 1k over invoice. He said that they don't have alot of room to negotiate on a custom built diesel order from the factory. I did went to another one and they straight up said MSRP of $49,400 was a great deal already..
Thanks for your input.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If you are willing to buy out of state, try Kent at Peterson Jeep in Nampa, Idaho or the sales manager at Tri-City in North Carolina. See what they say about price.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I think you're leaving ~ $4,000 on the table. I would ask for an additional $4,000 off and go elsewhere for your custom order.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. The sale manager made it clear they are only making 1k on this deal that's why I'm getting that price of 1k over invoice. He said that they don't have alot of room to negotiate on a custom built diesel order from the factory. I did went to another one and they straight up said MSRP of $49,400 was a great deal already..
Thanks for your input.
Yea that's bull shit or none of those dealers are volume dealers. Just go elsewhere. Nampa dealer will give you 11-12% off MSRP most likely.

RomeMoney

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Agree with what most have said here you should be getting at least 8% ofF MSRP and probably closer to 12% for it to be a great deal.

Thegrants82

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Not a good deal at all, walk.
I received a final offer of 1k over invoice on my custom Willy from a dealership. No extra add-ons from the dealership (GPS trackin, tinted window, rims anti-theft, etc) just Doc fees of 702$ and taxes. The MSRP on my custom build diesel was $49,400. The Invoice was $47,000+, and with the 1k over invoice for total of $48k+...

What you guys thought think? Am I getting screwed over? Do I have any more negotiation because I'm ordering from the factory to be custom made? Anyone got any input?

los Lobos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Agree with what most have said here you should be getting at least 8% ofF MSRP and probably closer to 12% for it to be a great deal.

You can order exactly what you want for $44-45k plus tax. I've attached a spreadsheet with what you selected.

I ordered a couple of weeks ago from Kent Shurtleff at Peterson in Nampa, Idaho. The deal was 8% under invoice or about 12% under sticker. That includes the Tread Lightly discount and financing thru the dealership. The doc fee is $399 and the title fee for a Texas title is $42. It varies from dealership to dealership.

Btw, the Sarge green and tan interior looks great together. I've seen it several times in person. The sales rep that said it isn't possible (and that dealership) should be crossed off your list of possible dealers.

Attachments

OP
OP
HEX87

HEX87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a jeep soon
You can order exactly what you want for $44-45k plus tax. I've attached a spreadsheet with what you selected.

I ordered a couple of weeks ago from Kent Shurtleff at Peterson in Nampa, Idaho. The deal was 8% under invoice or about 12% under sticker. That includes the Tread Lightly discount and financing thru the dealership. The doc fee is $399 and the title fee for a Texas title is $42. It varies from dealership to dealership.

Btw, the Sarge green and tan interior looks great together. I've seen it several times in person. The sales rep that said it isn't possible (and that dealership) should be crossed off your list of possible dealers.
Wow incredible buy, I need to start looking for out of state dealerships. Only have like 4 jeep dealership in the las vegas area..

Sponsored

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
Thanks for your input.
Where did you go? Sounds like BS from the dealer.

OP
OP
HEX87

HEX87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a jeep soon
Where did you go? Sounds like BS from the dealer.
This was from Chapman Chrysler and Jeep, they are one of biggest vegas dealership. I emailed their internet sales manager today about the FCA affiliate rewards 1% below invoice plus rebates and incentives. Will see what they respond with...

OP
OP
HEX87

HEX87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a jeep soon
This was from Chapman Chrysler and Jeep, they are one of biggest vegas dealership. I emailed their internet sales manager today about the FCA affiliate rewards 1% below invoice plus rebates and incentives. Will see what they respond with...

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Will see what they respond with...
Don’t bother. There are several good, forum friendly dealers. Some have already been mentioned. Others are in the stickied thread. Seek these dealers out to purchase your Wrangler at their no nonsense pricing.

OP
OP
HEX87

HEX87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a jeep soon

Thanks for that spreadsheet, how much you'll charge me for getting me a deal like that here in Vegas?
Sponsored