First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I might have missed it somewhere in the last 30 pages, but does anyone know what the "Grillz" option is listed on page 20?

Misaruiz

First Name
Misael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hi, total newb here.

My (naive) plan is have a 2021 Rubicon JLU by the 2nd week of December because that's when I'll have enough for my down payment. I'm based in San Diego, California. I need some guidance:

1. For my area, what are the best practices?
  2. What is the going rate for % off the MSRP?
  3. Any dealer recommendations?
  4. When should I place the order?
  5. Do I need an initial down payment to place the custom order?
  6. Is the wait 6-8 weeks? or closer to 8-12?
  7. Am I naive or totally naive to try calculate the Jeep's arrival?

Thanks for all your help!

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Wow. No order guide for September with all that has been going on in the Jeep world? ☹

fczabala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR; X5
Clubs

Hi, total newb here.

My (naive) plan is have a 2021 Rubicon JLU by the 2nd week of December because that's when I'll have enough for my down payment. I'm based in San Diego, California. I need some guidance:

See this

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-build-tracking-and-delivery-process.54344/

Sponsored

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Network Administrator / Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, total newb here.

The guide is a good place.

1. Shop around. Look at what people here in the forums recommend for dealers to work with. Some are great, some are not.
2. It entirely depends, again on the dealership, your affiliation (tread lightly). Some people state that 2% under invoice is great, while some can get 5-10% under invoice. Sometimes that is with additional discounts, sometimes not.
3. I believe there is a guy up in Irvine that has been good to many forum members. I'd have to look it up or if someone beats me to it, can recommend.
4. When you are ready.
5. Depends on the dealer. Some are 500 upwards of % of the estimated total of the vehicle. Would be something to discuss with the dealer.
6. It all depends. Right now, builds seem to be getting through in the 5-8 weeks, but the biggest unknown is logistics. Your vehicle could also get stuck at the factory for unknown reasons.
7. No one knows when it arrives and its just a guessing game. Most dealerships don't even know it's going to be delivered until a truck arrives with it on the back and getting unloaded.
8. I would wait until you have your down payment or close to having your full down payment available to order, just IMHO.

Edit: Forum Members are recommending:

Rob Trachtman at Tuttle Click in Irvine, California.
I got 4% below invoice without haggling. Rob was a pleasure to talk to and a senior sale type person.

I pulled this from: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/recommended-dealers-list.1227/

Misaruiz

First Name
Misael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The guide is a good place.

1. Shop around. Look at what people here in the forums recommend for dealers to work with. Some are great, some are not.
2. It entirely depends, again on the dealership, your affiliation (tread lightly). Some people state that 2% under invoice is great, while some can get 5-10% under invoice. Sometimes that is with additional discounts, sometimes not.
3. I believe there is a guy up in Irvine that has been good to many forum members. I'd have to look it up or if someone beats me to it, can recommend.
4. When you are ready.
5. Depends on the dealer. Some are 500 upwards of % of the estimated total of the vehicle. Would be something to discuss with the dealer.
6. It all depends. Right now, builds seem to be getting through in the 5-8 weeks, but the biggest unknown is logistics. Your vehicle could also get stuck at the factory for unknown reasons.
7. No one knows when it arrives and its just a guessing game. Most dealerships don't even know it's going to be delivered until a truck arrives with it on the back and getting unloaded.
8. I would wait until you have your down payment or close to having your full down payment available to order, just IMHO.

Edit: Forum Members are recommending:

Rob Trachtman at Tuttle Click in Irvine, California.
I got 4% below invoice without haggling. Rob was a pleasure to talk to and a senior sale type person.

I pulled this from: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/recommended-dealers-list.1227/
Thanks man this is super helpful.

Azhoopsfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude Silver
OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

First post updated with latest 4-door order guide (September 29)

Sponsored

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
September order guide is better than nothing, but October guide would be the greatest! ;)

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi E-tron (x2) ’21, Rubicon 4xe Nacho (on order)
I want to see a chief with black top and black grill...
Sponsored