First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR Diesel, '17 Cherokee, '16 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Retired - most of the time anyway
You are reading that right. The Rubicon Rock Trac HD full time 4WD is only available with the standard auto transmission (DFT) which comes with the 2.0 ESS (EC1) or the 3.6 BSG (ERG), so no diesel and no manual.
I'm thinking the full time 4WD is similar to the old NP242 on XJ and Grand Cherokees. Was a great tranny on wet and snowy roads. Probably not strong enough for the torque of the diesel. It was an option for the 4.0L HO V-6 but not the 5.2L V-8
Sponsored

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Jeep website doesn't have the 2021 vehicles/options/numbers yet. Wish they did, makes no sense to build a 2020 when you can't order one anymore.

Come on Jeep, let's get things current please on the website.
I know it sucks, but the main purpose of that builder is to build what you want and search for one on the dealers’ lots. I hope they update it soon too though. I like to play around on it until I’m ready to order.

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Newbee here, has the July Build guide been released yet? Thanks!

I only see the June one.

MightyAndrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Yet another newbie here. New to factory ordering as well. I called a dealership to get a quote on a potential 2021 build. I wanted to build a 4door JL SportAltitude with the 8.4 inch radio and premium audio package. The salesperson informed me that that configuration is not possible, even for 2021. Is it possible that they are misinformed? According to this order guide, it is possible.

Or can this configuration truly not be accomplished ?

OpenAir25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
First post for me. It looks like the radio is still UConnect 4.0 (not the newer 5.0 with wireless Carplay). Is there a chance that it could be updated mid model year, or will it stay like that until at least 2022?
Also, any word on the Mojave possible trim package?

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yet another newbie here. New to factory ordering as well. I called a dealership to get a quote on a potential 2021 build. I wanted to build a 4door JL SportAltitude with the 8.4 inch radio and premium audio package. The salesperson informed me that that configuration is not possible, even for 2021. Is it possible that they are misinformed? According to this order guide, it is possible.

Or can this configuration truly not be accomplished ?
Order guide shows it as an option when you also get the technology group option. Or included with the sun and sound package. Show him the order guide and have him show you in the online order system that it can't be done.

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Hello Everyone!

I have been going through every Jeep option for about a year, and It seems there is so little information around the new 4XE Jeep, I have seen in other posts that it was coming in Q3 of 2020, which my first thoughts would be well that is July...

Does anyone have and update on when we could expect the 2021 July Ordering Guide to be posted?

Thanks in advance, and for the invaluable information that I have gleaned from the forums.

HogsWellThatEndsWell

kaffeian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 door Sport
Occupation
Lead Machine Operator
Same question as HogsWellThatEndsWell.
After reading that the eTorque is going to the V6 and the 2.0 will be a stand alone. Was hoping to get a eTorque 2.0 when my lease it up but that will no longer be an option. I have time and my wife and I are going back and forth on a few options, just looking for as much info as I can get.
I currently have a V6 sport 2 door. My dad has the eTorque in his Rubicon and I love it. Just wondering what, if any, information is available.

JeePM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Same question as HogsWellThatEndsWell.
After reading that the eTorque is going to the V6 and the 2.0 will be a stand alone. Was hoping to get a eTorque 2.0 when my lease it up but that will no longer be an option. I have time and my wife and I are going back and forth on a few options, just looking for as much info as I can get.
I currently have a V6 sport 2 door. My dad has the eTorque in his Rubicon and I love it. Just wondering what, if any, information is available.

Any issues with the e-torque, thats one of my holdups on ordering a 2021. There just isnt much information on this forum about them. I thought the 3.6 etorque was available in the sahara prior to 2021, but just dont see much info on here good or bad.

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
My question, exactly.... what did you love about the eTorque in the Rubicon ?

Sponsored

kaffeian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 door Sport
Occupation
Lead Machine Operator
My question, exactly.... what did you love about the eTorque in the Rubicon ?
My dad has a Tag trailer he hauls and was very hesitant on the 4 cylinder until he drove one. It hauls so much better then his JK V6 (Yes different models, lots of differences I know).
My big things are the gas savings vs my V6. I wanted a 4 when I bought my Jeep but they coudln't get me one at the time. Most of my driving is in town so that's a big one. The auto start system, with not having a starter the eTorque is much more user friendly. Those are my big ones. I also am coming from the "tuner" world. I like the small engine and turbo combination, just my personal preference. Even without the eTorque (or true hybrid option) my next Jeep with be the 4 cylinder option.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
Newbee here, has the July Build guide been released yet? Thanks!

I only see the June one.
My dad has a Tag trailer he hauls and was very hesitant on the 4 cylinder until he drove one. It hauls so much better then his JK V6 (Yes different models, lots of differences I know).
My big things are the gas savings vs my V6. I wanted a 4 when I bought my Jeep but they coudln't get me one at the time. Most of my driving is in town so that's a big one. The auto start system, with not having a starter the eTorque is much more user friendly. Those are my big ones. I also am coming from the "tuner" world. I like the small engine and turbo combination, just my personal preference. Even without the eTorque (or true hybrid option) my next Jeep with be the 4 cylinder option.

I haven't driven a 4 cylinder with/without the eTorque, so my opinion on that is nothing...but I have driven the V6 without.

Now to my point, I like the think the Golf R with it's 2.0L engine and turbo is quite a decent engine for that little car. I believe the Golf R engine is a single scroll turbo though. Anyway, I have a Unitronic tune on that with all the modifications to the intake required (even turbo inlet change to allow more air) ...blah, blah, blah ...I'm sure nobody want to read about my Golf R.

My point being, even with all that and the tune (for those that don't know Unitronic is consider quite a good and reliable tune) ...i think the car is supposed to have 375hp and 350ftlb of torque with the tune. Even with that there is still lag between when you hit the gas and when you get a substantial response. No matter what tune you put in there, there will always be a lag until the turbo spools up. If you're okay with that (i.e. no eTorque helping the 2.0T, there will definitely be lag) then go for it.

I have the car in my avatar...and obviously different breed than the Golf R and obviously the Jeep 2.0T or V6, but I have no lag lol, well cause, it has no turbo. Naturally aspirated V8.

I have questions as others, how will the V6 naturally aspirated be with the eTorque be? It should help off the line and fill in the shift points like we all know already. Reliability. Don't know. I have ordered V6 w/eTorque and even contemplated switching to the diesel; but in the end I just feel like I don't want to deal with the diesel and it's maintenance and it's exhaust fluid, and also worry about the diesel in cold weather Canada where it can get to -30 celsius where I go snowmobiling.

Anyway, not trying to change your mind, like I said, never drove the 2.0T with or without eTorque. That lag inherent with turbos is in all turbos and is across all manufactures (even BMW...I had one with the N55 motor, inline 6, twin scroll...so nice. I loved that motor and the sound...sold to get GT350R)...

I digress. Happy Jeeping on whatever you buy.

kaffeian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 door Sport
Occupation
Lead Machine Operator
I haven't driven a 4 cylinder with/without the eTorque, so my opinion on that is nothing...but I have driven the V6 without.

Now to my point, I like the think the Golf R with it's 2.0L engine and turbo is quite a decent engine for that little car. I believe the Golf R engine is a single scroll turbo though. Anyway, I have a Unitronic tune on that with all the modifications to the intake required (even turbo inlet change to allow more air) ...blah, blah, blah ...I'm sure nobody want to read about my Golf R.

My point being, even with all that and the tune (for those that don't know Unitronic is consider quite a good and reliable tune) ...i think the car is supposed to have 375hp and 350ftlb of torque with the tune. Even with that there is still lag between when you hit the gas and when you get a substantial response. No matter what tune you put in there, there will always be a lag until the turbo spools up. If you're okay with that (i.e. no eTorque helping the 2.0T, there will definitely be lag) then go for it.

I have the car in my avatar...and obviously different breed than the Golf R and obviously the Jeep 2.0T or V6, but I have no lag lol, well cause, it has no turbo. Naturally aspirated V8.

I have questions as others, how will the V6 naturally aspirated be with the eTorque be? It should help off the line and fill in the shift points like we all know already. Reliability. Don't know. I have ordered V6 w/eTorque and even contemplated switching to the diesel; but in the end I just feel like I don't want to deal with the diesel and it's maintenance and it's exhaust fluid, and also worry about the diesel in cold weather Canada where it can get to -30 celsius where I go snowmobiling.

Anyway, not trying to change your mind, like I said, never drove the 2.0T with or without eTorque. That lag inherent with turbos is in all turbos and is across all manufactures (even BMW...I had one with the N55 motor, inline 6, twin scroll...so nice. I loved that motor and the sound...sold to get GT350R)...

I digress. Happy Jeeping on whatever you buy.
I would love to talk to you about the R. I had a 18 Mazdaspeed 3 with a few mods and goodies. Loved that car but had to trade it due to some issues with the clutch (tissue damage in my knee and ankle can no longer drive a stick).

The turbo lag is non existent with the etorque. You push the pedal and it goes. The V6 is quicker (over all) but the launch for the 4 is better. Like I said though it mostly comes down to the city driving. I live in (near) Madison and most of my driving is done around town and the V6 is just not that friendly with in city driving. I am curious about the V6 with the etorque as well, but still very much leaning towards the 4. Just read that they have confirmed the 4xe for the states by end of year using the 2.0 with a true plug in hybrid but no other news. Not sure how I feel about a true hybrid but am willing to wait and see.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would love to talk to you about the R. I had a 18 Mazdaspeed 3 with a few mods and goodies. Loved that car but had to trade it due to some issues with the clutch (tissue damage in my knee and ankle can no longer drive a stick).

The turbo lag is non existent with the etorque. You push the pedal and it goes. The V6 is quicker (over all) but the launch for the 4 is better. Like I said though it mostly comes down to the city driving. I live in (near) Madison and most of my driving is done around town and the V6 is just not that friendly with in city driving. I am curious about the V6 with the etorque as well, but still very much leaning towards the 4. Just read that they have confirmed the 4xe for the states by end of year using the 2.0 with a true plug in hybrid but no other news. Not sure how I feel about a true hybrid but am willing to wait and see.
ya, exactly, turbo lag is non existent because of the eTorque. You may or may not be AS happy with it without the eTorque.

dunno. The eTorque should help the V6 with city mileage and off the line but like you said limited info here. There is quite a lot of info on v6 with eTorque in the ram forums though. But the problem is they’re always comparing the V6 to the V8 WITH eTorque lol, which is simply stupid imo and unfair comparison ...hemi vs V6, come on now.

most like the V6 with eTorque in the Ram as long as they’re not having to tow...at least that’s my conclusion.

like i said I really didn’t want eTorque in my V6 ...just wanted regular old V6 ...however, I started reading all the issues with the V6 and the ESS without eTorque (it seems to use two 12V batteries instead of a 48V) and I just thought...shit me, they all have their own set of problems, just stick with the reliable V6 with the 48v, which doesn’t exhibit the same issues with the ESS that the 2x12V Jeeps have. I believe the diesel also has this setup of 2 batteries for ESS.

I have just done a lot of information gathering on these forums and it’s all rather daunting to tell you the truth and I just chose the least troublesome option (I hope)...we’ll see what happens.

and eTorque is an electric motor, an alternator is an electric motor in reverse...haha, I’m no engineer but seems like the eTorque generator is more sealed than any alternator I’ve ever seen so not really concerned with it...the battery is the only potential issue in my mind. Coolant lines, they’re way up there, shouldn’t be an issue in my opinion if those get ruptured I’m sure there’s something else broken in your Jeep lol

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You wanna talk to me about my Golf R cause you wanna buy it? Lol, it’s for sale. Gotta pay for my Jeep!!!
Sponsored