Sponsored

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
The vast majority of them have normal steering. For some, once you start messing with steering/suspension components you can set off an interconnected maze of incompatibility.

The Rubicon is fine for 90% of what people do. If you want to drive up a shear rock cliff it might need a little tweaking. BTW, the 2 door has what seems like a 5' turning radius. The 4 door about 200'.
Ya, exactly. Once you start messing with the steering shit may wind up being even worse than when you started. lol

Makes total sense the 2 door has better.
Sponsored

chaynech1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I looked everywhere and didn't see any supercharger kit for the 3.6. Keep in mind this has been on the Dodge Ram for some time now and there's still no kit for the Ram.

I would not buy the 3.6 if your hope is that there will be a supercharger kit...or a "delete" for the eTorque. The entire car functions from the eTorque. eTorque in itself (as I have educated myself and now that I understand the system) doesn't really concern me.

Instead of your classic alternator you now have a generator. It's quite smart actually. If your miffed about the 48v...well, that's a different topic. lol

R
I agree. I just picked up my JL this weekend and I love the etorque setup. Everything is so smooth. Procharger does make a supercharger for the ram with etorque at the moment, so I am sure others will follow. https://www.procharger.com/blog/procharger-powers-hybrid-ram-etorque

Honestly I always wanted to supercharge my past jeep, but probably will never happen on the JL. The powerband on the JL is so much better. No complaints at all. Definitely might add an intake and exhaust lol.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree. I just picked up my JL this weekend and I love the etorque setup. Everything is so smooth. Procharger does make a supercharger for the ram with etorque at the moment, so I am sure others will follow. https://www.procharger.com/blog/procharger-powers-hybrid-ram-etorque

Honestly I always wanted to supercharge my past jeep, but probably will never happen on the JL. The powerband on the JL is so much better. No complaints at all. Definitely might add an intake and exhaust lol.
hmm...that's right. My research did lead me to that pro charger but the eTorque on the Ram is a different box. Top mounted instead of front engine mounted....well, maybe the Jeep charger will come but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

chaynech1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hmm...that's right. My research did lead me to that pro charger but the eTorque on the Ram is a different box. Top mounted instead of front engine mounted....well, maybe the Jeep charger will come but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
[/QUOT

I think e-torque is a great addition. I know many don't like the stop start, but when I am in grid lock traffic I kinda like the fact that i am not burning any fuel while stopped. The added system makes take off no different then during non start stops. I got e-torque as it was on the only jeep i could find with everything else i wanted. I figured all 3.6's will have it for 2021, so why not.

chaynech1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think e-torque is a great addition. I know many don't like the stop start, but when I am in grid lock traffic I kinda like the fact that i am not burning any fuel while stopped. The added system makes take off no different then during non start stops. I got e-torque as it was on the only jeep i could find with everything else i wanted. I figured all 3.6's will have it for 2021, so why not.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody know if this is still the current Order Guide? One would think a new one should have dropped or at least be dropping soon....
i asked Jay about it. He assumes a new one will appear and he will post it if/when it does.

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Anybody know if this is still the current Order Guide? One would think a new one should have dropped or at least be dropping soon....
In the islander thread somebody said a new one came out around 5 August and mentioned being able to order the islander version and that hydro blue was now a choice. I am waiting also to see if there are any other changes I will be interested in.

Mentioned on this page.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2021-jeep-jl-islander.54651/page-2

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure where Jay gets them from but he has always published them as they become available to him. Lot of people would like to see the new one.

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Not sure where Jay gets them from but he has always published them as they become available to him. Lot of people would like to see the new one.
In that islander thread the poster said something to the effect that it wasn't public. Not sure what that really means compared to previous order guides as I have no context on how they are published.

Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
The White House has more leaks than Jeep I guess. Where is the islander picture?!

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ah...Snazzberry but still no Blue...
Sponsored