Sponsored

los Lobos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
PangMaster... Would you mind sharing who you're working with and how long ago that order was created?

I'm working with Kent Shurtleff (by phone and email) at Peterson in Nampa, Idaho. He created my order for a 22W Willys package about an hour ago and it would not allow him to select the 8.4" radio and premium audio unless he also selects the Sun and Sound package with the Sky one touch.

What to do? I really want that 8.4.
Sponsored

BlueCruzer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
PangMaster... Would you mind sharing who you're working with and how long ago that order was created?

I'm working with Kent Shurtleff (by phone and email) at Peterson in Nampa, Idaho. He created my order for a 22W Willys package about an hour ago and it would not allow him to select the 8.4" radio and premium audio unless he also selects the Sun and Sound package with the Sky one touch.

The 8.4 isn't yet an option for 2021 Sport in dealer systems. Since 7" Uconnect Radio is soon to be standard on Sport, I would expect the 8.4 will be an upgrade option when that happens. Timing is probably when they release the 2021 Build Your Jeep site online. Delays in release likely tied to waiting to see what Ford Bronco was going to offer and make adjustments from there. Working from home at FCA also slowing down site and dealership system updates. No inside information per se but know enough people there for a hypothesis. I too am waiting for the 8.4 option on a Willys.
Article on 2021 Wrangler changes.
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/07/06/2021-jeep-wrangler-standard-equipment-options/

los Lobos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
The 8.4 isn't yet an option for 2021 Sport in dealer systems. Since 7" Uconnect Radio is soon to be standard on Sport, I would expect the 8.4 will be an upgrade option when that happens. Timing is probably when they release the 2021 Build Your Jeep site online. Delays in release likely tied to waiting to see what Ford Bronco was going to offer and make adjustments from there. Working from home at FCA also slowing down site and dealership system updates. No inside information per se but know enough people there for a hypothesis. I too am waiting for the 8.4 option on a Willys.
Article on 2021 Wrangler changes.
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/07/06/2021-jeep-wrangler-standard-equipment-options/
Thanks a million!
Now we have a problem. The wife wants, and has always quietly wanted the sky one touch. She now has ammo. I'm in trouble. I don't hate it. I'm just concerned about it's long term viability and what will it take to replace the material in a few years. What will the repair be if you catch a "road gator" at the right angle and rip a hole in the roof and bend something. Maybe i'm overthinking it.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase

This may be it then. We have the sky one touch selected as well. Interesting because the ordering guide doesn’t mention it is only available together.

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
This may be it then. We have the sky one touch selected as well. Interesting because the ordering guide doesn’t mention it is only available together.

The ordering guide shows this for sports

8.4" RADIO AND PREMIUM AUDIO GROUP

INCLUDED W/AGS; M/H AAN

AGS is the sun and sound and you must also have AAN - tech package selected. So right now you can only get the 8.4 as part of the sun and sound package.

Kind of sucks as I would like a sport with the 8.4 but don't want the convertible roof.

Now that the bronco has been announced I hope the next Jeep order guide has more choices and options on what you can get with what model.

Sponsored

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
The ordering guide shows this for sports

8.4" RADIO AND PREMIUM AUDIO GROUP

INCLUDED W/AGS; M/H AAN

AGS is the sun and sound and you must also have AAN - tech package selected. So right now you can only get the 8.4 as part of the sun and sound package.

Kind of sucks as I would like a sport with the 8.4 but don't want the convertible roof.

Now that the bronco has been announced I hope the next Jeep order guide has more choices and options on what you can get with what model.
Yes it does suck. I read that as included but should have been available separately since AEK has a price listed. But it appears not today based on these experiences. I hope they change that.

My wife has been rethinking the sky top but she has been spoiled by the 8.4 in my 2-door Rubicon so maybe this will be the deciding factor or we have to reconsider the Willys, which we both really like.

Here is the POC.

IMG_3476.jpg

los Lobos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
It's a done deal. We went with the Sun and Sound package / Sky One Touch. The top gets really good reviews and you know, what the hell, try something new! Worst case scenario is I hate it and replace it with a regular hardtop sometime in the future.

I have to give a huge thumbs up to Kent Shurtleff at Peterson Jeep in Nampa, Idaho. The entire process was a couple of phone calls, and about 4 emails. They have the entire process down to a science and it's centered around us as the customer.

If you're in the market and prefer to place an order to get exactly what you want, give Kent a call. 208-606-3219

Attachments

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Can the one touch be removed and replaced with a hardtop?

los Lobos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Can the one touch be removed and replaced with a hardtop?
I wouldn't see why not. Its probably not easy nor something you would want to do on a regular basis but I can't imagine its a permanent part of the body that can't be removed.

I just meant if the thing is a real PITA or would potentially cost a small fortune to repair or replace at some point I'd probably replace it with a regular black or painted 3 piece top.

I may end up loving it. Who knows....

Deleted member 53226

Thanks a million!
Now we have a problem. The wife wants, and has always quietly wanted the sky one touch. She now has ammo. I'm in trouble. I don't hate it. I'm just concerned about it's long term viability and what will it take to replace the material in a few years. What will the repair be if you catch a "road gator" at the right angle and rip a hole in the roof and bend something. Maybe i'm overthinking it.
I have a JLUS with skytouch on order. In fairness, that would likely be a $1500-2000 repair item given parts and dealer labor. Getting a new cloth skin onto a fairly complicated mechanism is costly. I know this from doing the same on a convertible car roof.

I still want the top. As they say, "You pays your money and you takes your chances!"

Sponsored

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
I couldn't see any option on my order for the engine block heater as shown above... what precludes it?

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I have a JLUS with skytouch on order. In fairness, that would likely be a $1500-2000 repair item given parts and dealer labor. Getting a new cloth skin onto a fairly complicated mechanism is costly. I know this from doing the same on a convertible car roof.
I seem to recall someone posting that it would be close to $4k cost if buying all parts from Jeep to retrofit a skytouch to a Wrangler with the hardtop.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't see any option on my order for the engine block heater as shown above... what precludes it?
On the order guide it looks available on every trim with no requirements or exclusions.

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
How often are the order guides updated in general? I am getting ready to order and figure I would wait for the next guide to see if there are any changes.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Normally Jay publishes them monthly. Not sure if there wasn't one for July or if he wasn't able to get it.
Sponsored