Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I appreciate the feedback... does anyone have any photos of it ? Can it be removed ??
Removing it would require basically removing the entire 48v electrical system, secondary cooling system, the large generator on the engine, the regen braking and system computers, then adding an alternator/new electrical system, new braking system and new central computer.
So, no.
Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
A 3rd %#&* battery ???!!!
I believe there is no smaller stop/start battery with the eTorque as the 48v system powers the stop/start function as well as hvac during shutdown. The eTorque system actually drives the vehicle before it restarts to make the transition smoother.
I've always said if you have to have ESS, then do it with a system like eTorque.

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
What happens if you disable the ESS with a taser mini ? What does the E torque do then and how does the engine run differently?

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
It has 2 total batteries, Normal 12V under hood , cooled suitcase 48V battery under vehicle. (No small battery)
3 total cooling systems, 2 for etorque

Sponsored

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
I appreciate the clarification. I guess my question is when you start the vehicle and disable the ESS, which I assume you can still do, how does the engine run any differently as far as acceleration or overall performance? Does the BSG still engage and how does the engine feel, sound and accelerate any different compared to the regular 3.6 ?

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
I just placed my order for 2021. I even asked if I can remove eTorque. He said no. I know what the order guide says right now but has anyone else tried to remove it from the V6 when ordering?

R

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just placed my order for 2021. I even asked if I can remove eTorque. He said no. I know what the order guide says right now but has anyone else tried to remove it from the V6 when ordering?

R
There is one way - manual transmission.

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
I believe the etorque system is covered by warranty for 8 years, There is 0 chance I keep any vehicle that long, so to me it was a matter of which engine was more fun. And turbo certainly IMO is more fun than the gas V6. Diesel came out after I got mine so it wasnt an option.

Sponsored

mft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Anyone know if the North Edition (28E) will return to the 2021s? It was a nice package savings for options I wanted but I waited too long... and alas it no longer shows as an option in the June 2021 order guide.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR Diesel, '17 Cherokee, '16 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Retired - most of the time anyway
Are 4.10 gears even an option on the JLURD??? I can't config on the Jeep website for 2020 Jeep.
Jeep website doesn't have the 2021 vehicles/options/numbers yet. Wish they did, makes no sense to build a 2020 when you can't order one anymore.

Come on Jeep, let's get things current please on the website.
Sponsored