First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
i JUST PUT AN ORDER TOGETHER AND IT CAME BACK WITH $99 FOR 5 OF THEM. jUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!
You just got robbed. It's a total ripoff scam.

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
I personally love the Rubicon's Red accents. So, if I decide to get a 392, I want to buy a red dash and get a Katzkin interior in red with bronze stitching with their cooled seat system. I'd also throw 37's on too. :like:

Sponsored

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Medical Student
Anyone on the thread have a 392 and selling their wheels?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Pilot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler Sport
" Would a two door with this much power be able to stay on the ground?"

AEV's been swapping 6.4s into 2-door JKs for years. There's no reason FCA couldn't do it too, except that they sell more 4-doors so they don't think the R&D on a 2-door would be worth it. Same reason we don't have a 2-door Gladiator, even though they built a concept and that concept is awesome. The 2-door is an enthusiast vehicle. The 4-door can haul around 3 kids and the family dog. Therefore the 4-door takes priority.
I thought the entire concept of a JEEP in the first place was to be an enthusiast's vehicle. Not a station wagon.

No two door? Hard pass. I'll get a two door Bronco instead.

Sponsored

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

So I've been following this thread and actually just placed my order for a red 392. I do agree with some of the negative aspects in the thread but this is a Jeep. If you really want a 392 and plan to keep it we all know over time you will mod it.

Wheel and tire size easily addressable.

Axles - put whatever axles you want on as ever other jeep owner has done.

Brakes - if they aren't good enough I'm sure the aftermarket will have a solution. They always do.

Fuel range. This one will be my biggest pet peve BUT I think in due time I will plan to put on a nice add on auxiliary fuel tank to increase range. I'm willing to bet many of the well known companies like long range america will make a nice add on for the 392.

I mean it would be nice of it came with all this stuff but then you can forget 70k and it would be more like approaching 100k. Just enjoy your jeeps and customize them to your own driving style and needs.

Cheers!

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Also for everyone complaining about the body colored top and fenders again that's a personal preference but I think Jeep did it because they wanted to make a budget G wagon. Same way those all have painted fenders and tops.

Another thing I'm assuming if you hate you could change out yourself.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Also for everyone complaining about the body colored top and fenders again that's a personal preference but I think Jeep did it because they wanted to make a budget G wagon. Same way those all have painted fenders and tops.

Another thing I'm assuming if you hate you could change out yourself.
After having an unpainted top and fenders, I welcome the painted ones. Paint is about 10 times easier to clean nasty mud off of. Both paint and the plastic show pinstripes the same in my experience. Only seeing pros with the paint.
Sponsored