Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Supposedly one can order the 392 with a Mopar 60. Has anybody else heard this?

I’m going to ask my dealer today, but the sales person I work with frankly knows less about Jeeps than I do (and to say I’m not mechanically inclined person would be an understatement).

Thanks in advance.
That would be HOT! Let everyone know what you find out.
Sponsored

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Let's see,why would I want a 392? well it's sort of like having the L88 in a patrol car, I took 3 bank robbers to prison and when we got there, they said to me, if I was thier getaway driver, they would have gotten away.

Last edited:

Rubidozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 Jeep JLUS
I’m thinking Jeep will make the 392 an optional engine upgrade in Wranglers down the road. I’ll wait to see what happens and how the beast treats the willing explorers. Looking forward...

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
I’m thinking Jeep will make the 392 an optional engine upgrade in Wranglers down the road. I’ll wait to see what happens and how the beast treats the willing explorers. Looking forward...
I'm looking forward to a 392 without the lift kit, with black 3 pice hard top and of course NO ESS!
Anyone know how they beefed up the frame?

Last edited:

Drooler

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon
That would be HOT! Let everyone know what you find out.
Sadly the sales person wasn't sure. He said he would look into it, but I am not too hopeful.

Sigh.... Most of the sales folks sadly don't know much about the jeeps they sell. Would be great if Jeep sent XX number of sales people to a Jeep Jamboree event or trained them properly, but Imma guessing that is more the dealerships not wanting to invest in their employees.

Anyhows rant off.

I'm just trying to find a dealer that is willing to sell at invoice pricing at this point. This is so exciting!

Sponsored

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
My jeep salesmen called me last night and they have allocation for 1. No pricing yet, but hes comparing it to the diesel, and they just sold one loaded up with mopar lift, wheels and tires, for 80k!! Eff that.
He guessed it would be bt 75-80. I'm suppose to call him back today with a decision. If I can build it out with no obligation to buy until price is released, I may do that?
I was actually the first JLUR that was sold at his dealership, we built it, and he had it ordered, and said if I didn't want it, someone would buy it, lol

Gurk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JL Hemi Sold: JL, JK, TJ, XJ
Occupation
IT Infrastructure Security
My jeep salesmen called me last night and they have allocation for 1. No pricing yet, but hes comparing it to the diesel, and they just sold one loaded up with mopar lift, wheels and tires, for 80k!! Eff that.
He guessed it would be bt 75-80. I'm suppose to call him back today with a decision. If I can build it out with no obligation to buy until price is released, I may do that?
I was actually the first JLUR that was sold at his dealership, we built it, and he had it ordered, and said if I didn't want it, someone would buy it, lol
There are suckers born every minute and that dealer is making quite a margin there.
That Aside, my dealer in PA is estimating (392 just to be clear) roughly 65K and they will
not mark it up, just straight MSRP.
For the Diesel and 3.6 this dealer is well below cost.

Gurk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JL Hemi Sold: JL, JK, TJ, XJ
Occupation
IT Infrastructure Security
I'm looking forward to a 392 without the lift kit, with black 3 pice hard top and of course NO ESS!
Anyone know how they beefed up the frame?
While not news, if it helps...My dealer said this is a limited run and they all are body color hardtops. As to the beefing... you may want to look at the Mojave frame, (I will call them gussets), that were added.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
There are suckers born every minute and that dealer is making quite a margin there.
That Aside, my dealer in PA is estimating (392 just to be clear) roughly 65K and they will
not mark it up, just straight MSRP.
For the Diesel and 3.6 this dealer is well below cost.
Very true, and dealers can see it coming!! Lol, props to them!
We bought our JLUR in 2018 for 46, and msrp was 53. We’ve bought a lot of vehicles from him and he’ll treat me right. I just have to personally justify dropping that much on a new Jeep when I have mine exactly the way I want it...minus the v8.

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
FCA and its dealers are probs wringing their hands right now trying to determine how much to sell these for. Pretty sure they are following threads and such to get an idea what potential buyers are willing to fork over. While some dealers are offering discounts on current models - the 392 will probs get full MSRP or more. So very good margins.

Should provide a nice injection of power and torque if you really need it. But seems more like a high speed desert runner vs slow speed rock crawler. The diesel or electric might be better with more clearance and better ratios for that. For our purposes a stock Rubi has just enough power and pull for our needs in the wet and snow. While pegged on dry it redlines just fine. Not 4.5 fast by any stretch but decent. Cost for us with 5K used bordered on cheap vs a lot more at MSRP. Just be careful not to roll the 392 doing something real silly.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Who says these are limited run, a dealer? Really and we are going to believe those guys. They are creating a frenzy that doesn’t not need to exist. If the first allotment sells they will make plenty of these for anyone who wants them. Limited run, I don’t think so.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I called my dealer I order all my Jeep's from and they were only allocated 1. I told him I'll take it and he said they already ordered it for stock (black on black) and it was going to be sold over sticker. I lost interest when he said they already ordered it and it was black. I would guess this first year most of them will go for over window and the killer deal will be full sticker. I have a new Bronco coming in the summer and will just build that until they increase 392 Wranglers at a reasonable discount.

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
I called my dealer I order all my Jeep's from and they were only allocated 1. I told him I'll take it and he said they already ordered it for stock (black on black) and it was going to be sold over sticker. I lost interest when he said they already ordered it and it was black. I would guess this first year most of them will go for over window and the killer deal will be full sticker. I have a new Bronco coming in the summer and will just build that until they increase 392 Wranglers at a reasonable discount.
Better deals can be had...got mine for 1% under invoice. You just need to shop around, I contacted over 30 dealerships for one that would honor affiliate pricing. (two actually agreed to it, but one didn't have an allocation and couldn't order it.)

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Very true, and dealers can see it coming!! Lol, props to them!
We bought our JLUR in 2018 for 46, and msrp was 53. We’ve bought a lot of vehicles from him and he’ll treat me right. I just have to personally justify dropping that much on a new Jeep when I have mine exactly the way I want it...minus the v8.
Same here I ordered June 17 2018 and took delivery on July 13 2018 a 2018 JL Rubicon hard top with every feature just about except I didn't order the blind spot warning. I also didn't want the painted top or fenders but everything else I got with the V6. It came to 54.700 and they sold it to me for 47,300. We agreed on that price after we were done with the order sheet. Then they put the order in. I was expecting around 3 months like most people were having to wait. I could not believe one day when I was checking on the status and it said it was at the dealership. I got mine in 28 days. Ordered it on June 17 and got it on July 13 2018 not even a full month I was so surprised to get it that fast when others were waiting 3 months or more at that time. I will not and don't need the Hemi. I can get the xtra HP I need. Some will pay the xtra just to have it as a status quote and a fade to brag. Just like friends I know who paid 10,000 over when the Rapitor first came out. They say oh but it is ready to go to the dunes and off roading, but just like over half of the Rapitor owners they never go off roading or to the dunes.They bought it for the looks. But hey it's their stupid looking money lol

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
FCA and its dealers are probs wringing their hands right now trying to determine how much to sell these for. Pretty sure they are following threads and such to get an idea what potential buyers are willing to fork over. While some dealers are offering discounts on current models - the 392 will probs get full MSRP or more. So very good margins.

Should provide a nice injection of power and torque if you really need it. But seems more like a high speed desert runner vs slow speed rock crawler. The diesel or electric might be better with more clearance and better ratios for that. For our purposes a stock Rubi has just enough power and pull for our needs in the wet and snow. While pegged on dry it redlines just fine. Not 4.5 fast by any stretch but decent. Cost for us with 5K used bordered on cheap vs a lot more at MSRP. Just be careful not to roll the 392 doing something real silly.
Some will know how to drive it and use right and some will be rolling it the first month on the highways
Sponsored