Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Putting aside for a minute the complaints about the significant bundled option requirement, I would just like to applaud FCA for this rig, which can be summarized by the following:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 V8 - Specs, Wallpapers, Videos! 63F2449C-544E-46A8-B8C9-92D643FFFA65

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 V8 - Specs, Wallpapers, Videos! FD3013DB-8CC1-4726-8B28-DB81C855640A

I salute you FCA, management and all you engineers for figuring out a way to build it and get it on the roads ....

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 V8 - Specs, Wallpapers, Videos! D525ED56-57AC-4D60-B1D7-9CE2C8BFEF99

(Oh - and I don’t want to hear another complaint about MPG (unless it’s concern about range - I get that)
Sponsored

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon
Putting aside for a minute the complaints about the significant bundled option requirement, I would just like to applaud FCA for this rig, which can be summarized by the following:

63F2449C-544E-46A8-B8C9-92D643FFFA65.jpeg

FD3013DB-8CC1-4726-8B28-DB81C855640A.jpeg

I salute you FCA, management and all you engineers for figuring out a way to build it and get it on the roads ....

D525ED56-57AC-4D60-B1D7-9CE2C8BFEF99.jpeg

(Oh - and I don’t want to hear another complaint about MPG (unless it’s concern about range - I get that)
The best post of the day! 392’s Rule everyone else drools

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have a thought about what the gvwr might work out to? 2021 jlur with 3.6l v6 is about 5800... 2021 v6 3.0 diesel is above the 6000 mark.. I’m thinking this will also be above 6000, but can’t find any specs that say it.. thoughts?

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I wasn't trying to prove any point about power at all, other than what I'm sure everyone already knows (that there is less power at altitude). I was specifically posting a chart with altitude vs. pressure because I thought some forum members might find it useful or interesting. That's why I only said "Also to add to the power at altitude discussion... Like boost but negative:"

I wasn't even specifically replying to your comments about power either. The only reason I replied to you is because you said (and keep saying) that there is zero benefit when there clearly is: it's FUN. The benefit is fun, but you're killing all of it.
20k-30K in increase cost for "FUN" when "THERE IS ZERO OFF ROAD BENEFIT OVER A 3.6L Rubi" Yes I'm a Joy Kill.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
20k-30K in increase cost for "FUN" when "THERE IS ZERO OFF ROAD BENEFIT OVER A 3.6L Rubi"
You're right, the extra torque is useless. Absolutely nobody bought a diesel for the torque, it was all because they like the smell/noise/coal rolling.

Greater water fording depth? zErO oFf RoAd BeNiFiT LOL YOLO!!!!11!

I guess you're not necessarily off road if you're under water... That could refer to you're loan.

Just because you don't see or don't know how to use a benefit doesn't mean it doesn't exist for others.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're right, the extra torque is useless. Absolutely nobody bought a diesel for the torque, it was all because they like the smell/noise/coal rolling.

I guess you're not necessarily off road if you're under water... That could refer to you're loan.

Just because you don't see or don't know how to use a benefit doesn't mean it doesn't exist for others.
The intake vent in the new hood is not for "WATER FORDING" like you think it is. its there because the Hemi needs a greater amount of air intake for the engine to suck in. The 392 has less clearance than the 3.6L regardless of the 2 inch lift. Measure it at the pumpkin.
"THE 392 HAS ZERO OFF ROAD BENEFIT OVER THE 3.6L RUBI" OR "THE 2.0L RUBI TURBO"

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

About the Diesel and its extra torque, Yes its worthless when the tow rating is still 3500 lbs. and it doesn't do anything other than increase your gas mileage, But wait!!! those Diesels sure do cost a hell of a lot more in oil changes and "HAVE ZERO OFF ROAD BENEFIT OVER A 3.6L RUBI"

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

OH Wait!!!! that 392 with all its power, Torque and BRAVADO has a Tow rating of 3500 LBS. Holy crap!!! such an improvement over the diesel and the 3.6L RUBI and 2.0L RUBI for that 20k-30k extra cost. OMG I gotta have one and NO-One is gonna criticize it again! I'm converted and you two have earned my total respect and admiration. "NOT"

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Are you using the 4-door JL Audio stealthbox, or did they come out with a 2-door model? I figured the 4-door one would fit... but might interfere with the rear seat.

There was talk of a running production change to reduce interference when folding the rear seat on 2-door JL's so it could be listed for both 2 & 4 door models...not sure if that has happened or if it did, mine has the mod-I bought it several months ago and finally getting around to the install. If there is interference, I am pretty sure I will be able to modify it to clear. With all the ChinaFlu BS this year, I would be a little surprised if JL actually got around to the update...

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Anyone have a thought about what the gvwr might work out to? 2021 jlur with 3.6l v6 is about 5800... 2021 v6 3.0 diesel is above the 6000 mark.. I’m thinking this will also be above 6000, but can’t find any specs that say it.. thoughts?
Very good question! ⚖💰💸

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I traded in my 2019 Grand Cherokee with 3.6 for a 2020 Grand Cherokee SRT. I used the Grand to haul my heavily modified TJ from Denver to Moab several times a year. The difference in towing over the pass between the 3.6 and the 392 was night and day. I actually got better gas mileage with the SRT when towing than I did with the 3.6. I believe it is because the engine was not working as hard. Normal driving, I might have been able to get the same mileage not towing on the freeway as the 3.6 due to the engine dropping down to 4 cylinders if I kept my foot off it. Unfortunately, I can't!!! The other really nice part about the SRT is the paddle shifters and better steering wheel. The paddle shifters were great for downshifting when coming down grades.

I just took delivery of my 2021 Rubicon which I special ordered without the body colored top and fenders. I also deleted all of the safety crap on purpose as it does not help off road and will just break at some point down the road. I have not lifted it yet, and am trying to decide if I will go ahead and buy the 392. Jeep would have made the decision tougher if I could order it the way I want to, but I understand why they are not allowing it. The steel bumpers are crap though, those are a complete waste! I was also hoping they would toss in Dana 60's as I believe this will be a must have upgrade due to the extra torque. Spending 80k on this and then having to dump 20k into axle upgrades is tough. Said the guy (me) dumping 20k into his 60k JLUR for the lift, wheels, etc...

As far as helping off road. I added a super charger to my TJ after moving up here to Denver. For driving around town it really was noticeable. On the trail it helped, especially on long steep inclines that had loose rock or snow on it. In mud and sand it was very noticeable as it was easier to spin the tires to clear them.

There is no way someone is going to convince me that a 3.6 will spin 42's like a 392 will!!!