Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Don't get frustrated and resort to insults. You had a different opinion and I countered your arguments. I see no Off Road Benefit and you resort to telling me i am clueless and can't comprehend!
No you just don't actually read and continue to regurgitate your opinion. The 3.6 begins to struggle, yes off-road (unless you're constantly in low range), at altitudes that aren't even that high. It hesitates and stumbles, but you don't seem to want to hear it. Yes I plan a re-gear very soon, but for you to pretend that more low-end torque wouldn't be beneficial off-road is laughable.
Sponsored

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Got my order in. Went white again. Should be able to sneak the new louder Jeep past a few people Lol.
Planning to love my steer smarts stuff, RSE step sliders, rigid lighting, and a few other small things to the new Jeep

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Tire pressure... no. But altitude vs power, yes it very much is related.

And I gave you my opinion on what the benefit was, but if you don't understand it then there is nothing I can do to help.
No that's not a power vs altitude chart, that's compares air pressure at altitude. Your fine, spin your tires. Let us know how you like your new 392 and post picture.

Last edited:

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No you just don't actually read and continue to regurgitate your opinion. The 3.6 begins to struggle, yes off-road (unless you're constantly in low range), at altitudes that aren't even that high. It hesitates and stumbles, but you don't seem to want to hear it. Yes I plan a re-gear very soon, but for you to pretend that more low-end torque wouldn't be beneficial off-road is laughable.
"NO OFF ROAD BENEFIT" Anyone can modify their vehicle and make it more off road capable, but that takes MODIFYING a stock vehicle. "NO OFF ROAD BENEFIT OVER A 3.6L RUBI"

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
No that's not a power vs altitude chart, that's compares air pressure at altitude. Your fine, spin your tires.
You're wanting HP vs. altitude? That's not going to happen, unless someone has specifically had the 3.6 on a dyno at various elevations. Best I'm willing to do is state that pressure is directly related to potential power, and 0 PSI = 0 HP.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
"NO OFF ROAD BENEFIT" Anyone can modify their vehicle and make it more off road capable, but that takes MODIFYING a stock vehicle. "NO OFF ROAD BENEFIT OVER A 3.6L RUBI"
K. It seems several here disagree. Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
You're wanting HP vs. altitude? That's not going to happen, unless someone has specifically had the 3.6 on a dyno at various elevations. Best I'm willing to do is state that pressure is directly related to potential power, and 0 PSI = 0 HP.
He's a lost cause man.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
"Adopted from the Jeep Gladiator Mojave, a 40-mm raised hood with aggressive appearance and a fully functional hood scoop provide cold air intake and greater water fording capability."

Mandatory 2-inch lift.

Lockers work in 4-hi.

Off Road+ modes.

I bet the additional weight of the 392 might keep the front end down on steep inclines. Of course that might be offset by the Jeep wanting to wheelie from all that powah.

No time to shift into 4-low? 392 Rubicon don't care.

The seats have more bolstering, could help with not falling out when running doorless.

The exhaust note will clear the trail of all wildlife.

You can outrun that tree that's about to fall on the roof.

Stuck in deep snow? Extra heat generated from the engine will melt all snow around.

Mandatory rear steel bumper is protected by the exhaust tips.

Paddle shifters.

Sponsored

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No i'm not wanting a HP vs Altitude chart. But if you are going to use a chart to prove your point about air pressure and how it relates to power at altitude then its best to have a chart that represent that. The chart you used does not.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
No i'm not wanting a HP vs Altitude chart. But if you are going to use a chart to prove your point about air pressure and how it relates to power at altitude then its best to have a chart that represent that. The chart you used does not.
I wasn't trying to prove any point about power at all, other than what I'm sure everyone already knows (that there is less power at altitude). I was specifically posting a chart with altitude vs. pressure because I thought some forum members might find it useful or interesting. That's why I only said "Also to add to the power at altitude discussion... Like boost but negative:"

I wasn't even specifically replying to your comments about power either. The only reason I replied to you is because you said (and keep saying) that there is zero benefit when there clearly is: it's FUN. The benefit is fun, but you're killing all of it.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I will never understand the painted top and fenders. Barf.
It makes the vehicle go faster.
Then send me to jail baby!!!!
A squad car is en route to your location. :CWL:
Seriously...I have a TJ to go beat up on the trails
Donā€™t go beating up TJ on the trails. Or anywhere else.
Well, this sucks...
That is very ill and annoying.
what do your black ones look like?
Nobody wants to know. :CWL: