hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
The order is built and waiting for system to be opened in December to submit. I am 3rd in line at the dealership - the owner and his son are 1 and 2.

Invoice minus 2.5%; which is a premium over any other model (I paid 8% under invoice on my current JLUR). But not sure we will see under 8% initially or anytime soon until the demand is filled.
Cool. Glad you got in. Great deal also with 2.5% under invoice... Hearing 3 units per most dealers for allocation except a few. :like:
Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
While I really, really would love a factory 392 in a 2-door (along with factory 35's) my dealer told me there is about as much chance of that happening as a July snowstorm in Scottsdale AZ...

I guess the good news is I am just a few weeks from having my 20' Ruby 2-door outfitted exactly as I want! In the process now of installing a Grimm mounted ARB Twin (along with some additional high-end automotive heat shielding) to make for convenient air-ups after trail runs. Only things left exterior/mechanical are Borla Touring Climber, Livernois tune and some round LED bumper mounted off road lights.

My plan was to upgrade the interior & audio as my very last project...However, since Borla is still at least a month out till they release the Touring Climber for the 2-door JL's, I will gut the interior next week for the leather trim and audio upgrades. I wanted leather trim but cloth seats so from the dealer parts department I ordered all leather trim including the leather dash inserts and door panels. I also have a pile of audio parts including an OEM 8.4 take-out head unit (would have just ordered the 8.4 upgrade but did not want the 'sub' in the middle of the cargo floor) along with JL Audio speakers, amplifier, JL Stealthbox sub (side mount in front of rear wheel well) and a PAC AmpPRO 4 interface from OEM 8.4 to JL amp...Should be a very nice but totally stealth audio upgrade. Will post a full review with pictures after completion...

Even with all the money and time (every mod/upgrade 100% completed myself) I have spent upgrading my Ruby 2-door...I am still hoping for that July snowstorm in Scottsdale AZ!
I want a 392 2-door!!

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Comon Bro, You can't spot self-sarcasm when you see it. Iv'e been at 12K no issue, besides you know that 37-40s at extreme altitude is not representative of the whole jeep off roading population. 40's are extreme off Roaders and couple that with living at extreme altitudes makes you a rare person, But those conditions are much less common. If you think that the 392 is right there in your sweet spot then all the more power to you, spend the extra 20k. I believe its overkill. maybe you can tell me how off roading with 40's and all that power and torque your gonna be ok when your jeep begins to bounce when your on a water fall or climbing over a ledge. SNAP!!! I know you should avoid the bounce but all that added power is gonna make it so easy to initiate one.
37s at about 3000' is not that extreme and not that uncommon. The motor already shows it's weakness there, especially when aired down under 10lbs. You do realize there are other axles in the world besides what comes from the factory? Obviously slapping 40s on this thing without any other modifications wouldn't be very smart.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I had to use 4 low in mine at 13k feet. my heavy pig of a JL was really struggling for power that high in 2wd and 4 hi going up a steep grade.
Yeah at 13,000 feet you've lost (roughly) 33% of your engine's power compared to sea level. Assuming the 3.6 anyway.

When I had my TJ 4.0, could definitely feel it running up the Ike, poor thing could barely maintain 50 MPH and had to shift down to 2-3rd quite often to get it moving again.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
JL Stealthbox sub (side mount in front of rear wheel well)
Are you using the 4-door JL Audio stealthbox, or did they come out with a 2-door model? I figured the 4-door one would fit... but might interfere with the rear seat.

Sponsored

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
37s at about 3000' is not that extreme and not that uncommon. The motor already shows it's weakness there, especially when aired down under 10lbs. You do realize there are other axles in the world besides what comes from the factory? Obviously slapping 40s on this thing without any other modifications wouldn't be very smart.
So what's with all your Hype about 37'-40"s at altitude? you made it sound like you lived on mount Everest. and how are you loosing power at 3000 feet altitude? Airing down to 10lbs is not typical highway settings while trying to pass anyone on an incline, that's off roading pressure, why are you worried about loosing power? The 3.6L is more then capable of handling 37's with dana 44's off road with no issues. You finally get my point about the problem with the Hemmi vs Dana 44's Vs Power Vs 37-40's. Your gonna spend well over $60,000 on a base 392 that is no better off road then a 3.6L stock Rubi. Then your gonna add a Lift, New Tires and wheels, beefier Axles, Brakes ETC. ETC. just to have the same performance off road as a stock Rubi with new lift and tires. There is Zero off Road Benefit.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Cool. Glad you got in. Great deal also with 2.5% under invoice... Hearing 3 units per most dealers for allocation except a few. :like:
Really? Not been told that.

It is still possible I get bumped if they get someone willing to pay a premium between now and when order is placed. But I do have some faith they will honor our agreement - I know the dealership well, sent a lot of business to them, only lost my shit on them once (and it was warranted), my kids and owners kids are in the same school/grade and friend circle, and we both supported Trump ;)

So we will see how it works out.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
So what's with all your Hype about 37'-40"s at altitude? you made it sound like you lived on mount Everest. and how are you loosing power at 3000 feet altitude? Airing down to 10lbs is not typical highway settings while trying to pass anyone on an incline, that's off roading pressure, why are you worried about loosing power? The 3.6L is more then capable of handling 37's with dana 44's off road with no issues. You finally get my point about the problem with the Hemmi vs Dana 44's Vs Power Vs 37-40's. Your gonna spend well over $60,000 on a base 392 that is no better off road then a 3.6L stock Rubi. Then your gonna add a Lift, New Tires and wheels, beefier Axles, Brakes ETC. ETC. just to have the same performance off road as a stock Rubi with new lift and tires. There is Zero off Road Benefit.
I kind of want to spin all 4 tires in sand, mud, or pretty much anywhere else. I think the benefit is fun.

Also to add to the power at altitude discussion... Like boost but negative:
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 V8 - Specs, Wallpapers, Videos! 1605827171208

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I kind of want to spin all 4 tires in sand, mud, or pretty much anywhere else. I think the benefit is fun.

Also to add to the power at altitude discussion... Like boost but negative:
1605827171208.png
That chart has Nothing to do with power vs Altitude vs tire pressure. its not a tire pressure chart or a performance at altitude chart. That is an atmospheric pressure chart which tells you the outside air pressure at altitude. At zero elevation the atmospheric pressure is at 14.7 lbs per square inch or 1 Atmosphere,. That chart is useless in this discussion, why did you put that here?

There's still no off road benefit with the 392. It's just faster on the Highway. Spinning your tires don't equal forward motion where, pretty much anywhere, off roading means "momentum is your friend" not necessarily power.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Dude you are completely clueless and obviously lack reading comprehension.

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I think the formula for power loss per 1,000 ft of elevation is 3%. So at 13,000 feet its more like 39% loss.

I live in CO and routinely wheel at high elevation. (10k-13k) My setup is 37" tires, 4.88 gears, 3.6l and the 6 speed manual. I only rock crawl (no high speed stuff), but I never feel like I don't have enough power while off-roading. Driving to the trail on the other hand, I do wish I had more power but it is fine.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude you are completely clueless and obviously lack reading comprehension.
Don't get frustrated and resort to insults. You had a different opinion and I countered your arguments. I see no Off Road Benefit and you resort to telling me i am clueless and can't comprehend!

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
That chart has Nothing to do with power vs Altitude vs tire pressure. its not a tire pressure chart or a performance at altitude chart. That is an atmospheric pressure chart which tells you the outside air pressure at altitude. At zero elevation the atmospheric pressure is at 14.7 lbs per square inch or 1 Atmosphere,. That chart is useless in this discussion, why did you put that here?

There's still no off road benefit with the 392. It's just faster on the Highway. Spinning your tires don't equal forward motion where, pretty much anywhere, off roading means "momentum is your friend" not necessarily power.
Tire pressure... no. But altitude vs power, yes it very much is related.

And I gave you my opinion on what the benefit was, but if you don't understand it then there is nothing I can do to help.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the formula for power loss per 1,000 ft of elevation is 3%. So at 13,000 feet its more like 39% loss.

I live in CO and routinely wheel at high elevation. (10k-13k) My setup is 37" tires, 4.88 gears, 3.6l and the 6 speed manual. I only rock crawl (no high speed stuff), but I never feel like I don't have enough power while off-roading. Driving to the trail on the other hand, I do wish I had more power but it is fine.
I have a 3.6l automatic and i towed a 3,000 lb. RV cross country and up into 6.000 feet elevations. My cruise speed was 70-75 and had no issues with acceleration or power. the 3.6L performed well for me. Some people want more power I get that, I don't need it. My jeep is very capable and i love Rock crawling.
Sponsored