Sponsored

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Apparently you missed the part where I said tons. I would do the motor swap myself. Mono color is boring. Even with a wrap I would destroy those fenders in couple outings. Nevermind that I hate the look.
I'll bite. I want to see how beat up your JL is. If you'd "destroy" these in a couple of outings, what do your black ones look like?
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Got an order with my sales person waiting for system to open. 2.5% over invoice is what we have agreed.
Hey John - did you get it ordered this morning?

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
With 37-40" tires you start running out of power pretty quickly, especially in the 3.6 at altitude.
It doesn't come with 37-40's. And if you do upgrade to them, you make the issue worse transferring all that power and torque on to Dana 44's. Mine did just fine at altitude running on 35's. 110 feet above sea level in florida.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
With 37-40" tires you start running out of power pretty quickly, especially in the 3.6 at altitude.
I had to use 4 low in mine at 13k feet. my heavy pig of a JL was really struggling for power that high in 2wd and 4 hi going up a steep grade.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think we will be able to build one with the configuration we really want? I'm fine with waiting for the build like I did my my 2018.

Sponsored

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
If your not in a hurry just wait. Ford did this tactic with the Raptors so dealers could squeeze $20K over invoice out of early buyers. Now you can get one at msrp or with some discount if your dealer likes you.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
If your not in a hurry just wait. Ford did this tactic with the Raptors so dealers could squeeze $20K over invoice out of early buyers. Now you can get one at msrp or with some discount if your dealer likes you.
Agree

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
It doesn't come with 37-40's. And if you do upgrade to them, you make the issue worse transferring all that power and torque on to Dana 44's. Mine did just fine at altitude running on 35's. 110 feet above sea level in florida.
Uh, no shit. 110'? Lol. Nevermind.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I'll bite. I want to see how beat up your JL is. If you'd "destroy" these in a couple of outings, what do your black ones look like?
Mine are scratched all to hell but that's not the point. The black fenders bend without cracking paint. Narrow trails are everywhere in the northwest which is good, it keeps all the monster trucks from tearing them up.

Sponsored

slimfl08

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Ocean Blue Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Reached out to two E TX dealers in regards to the 392. One reposne is useful the other is a poor attempt.

1. "Great choice in the 392 Wrangler.

Unfortunately no pricing is available until December. Please keep in mind as well this will be a very limited production and orders started today.

I know that seems strange without pricing structure but once these allocations are gone you won't be able to request one until late 2021/2022."

2." There have currently not been any Rubicon 392s built, and they cannot as of yet be ordered from Chrysler. The only available info on them comes currently from the the FCA press releases online- you can google the same info we have available at the moment as dealers. I can tell you this.... the 392 is a naturally aspirated 6.4L Hemi V8 that makes around 480 hp in most applications. The Rubicon trim in the Jeep Wrangler sports a sway bar disconnect in the front axle for superior articulation of the front wheels, locking front and rear differentials for true four wheel drive, and is the only stock vehicle capable of navigating the Rubicon Trail in Utah without modification....hence the name. As we receive more info, I'll be happy to pass that along to you. In the meantime, I'd just google the press releases from FCA. "

Thanks response number 2. HA

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Geez people are paying over invoice for these? Lol

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Reached out to two E TX dealers in regards to the 392. One reposne is useful the other is a poor attempt.

1. "Great choice in the 392 Wrangler.

Unfortunately no pricing is available until December. Please keep in mind as well this will be a very limited production and orders started today.

I know that seems strange without pricing structure but once these allocations are gone you won't be able to request one until late 2021/2022."

2." There have currently not been any Rubicon 392s built, and they cannot as of yet be ordered from Chrysler. The only available info on them comes currently from the the FCA press releases online- you can google the same info we have available at the moment as dealers. I can tell you this.... the 392 is a naturally aspirated 6.4L Hemi V8 that makes around 480 hp in most applications. The Rubicon trim in the Jeep Wrangler sports a sway bar disconnect in the front axle for superior articulation of the front wheels, locking front and rear differentials for true four wheel drive, and is the only stock vehicle capable of navigating the Rubicon Trail in Utah without modification....hence the name. As we receive more info, I'll be happy to pass that along to you. In the meantime, I'd just google the press releases from FCA. "

Thanks response number 2. HA
Wow, I guess I must have missed the Rubicon Trail all those times I've been to Utah.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Uh, no shit. 110'? Lol. Nevermind.
Comon Bro, You can't spot self-sarcasm when you see it. Iv'e been at 12K no issue, besides you know that 37-40s at extreme altitude is not representative of the whole jeep off roading population. 40's are extreme off Roaders and couple that with living at extreme altitudes makes you a rare person, But those conditions are much less common. If you think that the 392 is right there in your sweet spot then all the more power to you, spend the extra 20k. I believe its overkill. maybe you can tell me how off roading with 40's and all that power and torque your gonna be ok when your jeep begins to bounce when your on a water fall or climbing over a ledge. SNAP!!! I know you should avoid the bounce but all that added power is gonna make it so easy to initiate one.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Hey John - did you get it ordered this morning?
The order is built and waiting for system to be opened in December to submit. I am 3rd in line at the dealership - the owner and his son are 1 and 2.

Invoice minus 2.5%; which is a premium over any other model (I paid 8% under invoice on my current JLUR). But not sure we will see under 8% initially or anytime soon until the demand is filled.
Sponsored