Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I will never understand the painted top and fenders. Barf.
I would say the same about the ugly cheap looking black top and fenders. Too each his own.
what?! if youā€™re using it off-road the fenders are ruined in 3-6 months
if you like the best top sun rider it looks stupid as hell with a painted top. Tree pinstriping? Roof rack?
id much prefer lineX premium on those for less money

if youā€™re a mall queen I definitely get preferring painted fenders but even then, thats color dependent IMO.
That is what they make PPF for. Painted fenders all wrapped, self healing and then when it gets real bad pull it off and redo it. Jeep looks way better, classier and more like it costs, an arm and a leg.
Honestly if they don't back off those few things I'll just put tons under mine and do a 5.7 swap when the V6 wears out and be way ahead on price and capability.
How so? A hemi engine swap right now is $35K from all the reputable places. No way will it cost less and you come out ahead even with all the "extras" that you don't want.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
These are all things that not only do I not want to pay for, I do not want them on my jeep, period. Way to go FCA - why can't you just offer the V8 as an engine choice and be done with it?

* Infotainment Group -1895
* Body-color hard top - 2395
* Body-color flares - 695
* Steel Bumper Group - 1645
* LED Lighting Group - 1295
* Safety Group - 995
* Advanced Safety - 795
I would take a couple of these - but that's the point - they should let us choose.

I am hoping (and somewhat suspect) that after this initial release 392, that it may become more customizable. My theory being they would want to spread their R&D costs over as big of sales volume as possible. That likely wouldn't extend to non-Rubicon models though or a manual as that would require additional R&D.

Seems like a reasonable play book - initial model where you can maximize the profits while excitement and interest is high. Then as things moderate, recoup some more of your costs. Oh - and did I say Bronco - this would help retain market share over time also.

Anyway, I'll be waiting to see how this develops ..... fingers crossed.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
yeah and get 4mpg w e85

when i run in my flex fuel gmc 02 yukon, I get the following mpg (1 owner, 370k on it)-note that this engine DOES NOT have cyl deactivation,
e85 7 mpg
87 e10 - 14 mpg
89 ethanol free that I can get rurally - 26 mpg

so yeah milage varies
For sure. I only lose 2mpg on my DD and my JL with E85. So the savings is signifigant.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I would take a couple of these - but that's the point - they should let us choose.

I am hoping (and somewhat suspect) that after this initial release 392, that it may become more customizable. My theory being they would want to spread their R&D costs over as big of sales volume as possible. That likely wouldn't extend to non-Rubicon models though or a manual as that would require additional R&D.

Seems like a reasonable play book - initial model where you can maximize the profits while excitement and interest is high. Then as things moderate, recoup some more of your costs. Oh - and did I say Bronco - this would help retain market share over time also.

Anyway, I'll be waiting to see how this develops ..... fingers crossed.
I don't know anything about CAFE and EPA but maybe, just maybe they don't want to maximize the volume as they pay fines or put in the penalty box so the 392's they "want" to sell they want to maximize those and not let people get the non-optioned cheap ones.

Don't know just speculation.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I would say the same about the ugly cheap looking black top and fenders. Too each his own.

That is what they make PPF for. Painted fenders all wrapped, self healing and then when it gets real bad pull it off and redo it. Jeep looks way better, classier and more like it costs, an arm and a leg.

How so? A hemi engine swap right now is $35K from all the reputable places. No way will it cost less and you come out ahead even with all the "extras" that you don't want.
Apparently you missed the part where I said tons. I would do the motor swap myself. Mono color is boring. Even with a wrap I would destroy those fenders in couple outings. Nevermind that I hate the look.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
OK so it wont out crawl a 3.6L or 2.0L Rubicon. Will not out perform a 3.6L or 2.0L Rubicon when off road. Same 33" tires. Has a Max tow weight of 3500 lbs., Just like the 3.6L Rubicon. Has less clearance than a 3.6L Rubicon(may have a 2" lift over the Rubi but the Pumpkin is still slightly lower than the 3.6L Rubi). But it does sound bad ass. More power so you can get up to that 65mph speed limit faster. Increased Torque on the same Dana 44's. I just think its overkill on a jeep built for off Roading.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
OK so it wont out crawl a 3.6L or 2.0L Rubicon. Will not out perform a 3.6L or 2.0L Rubicon when off road. Same 33" tires. Has a Max tow weight of 3500 lbs., Just like the 3.6L Rubicon. Has less clearance than a 3.6L Rubicon(may have a 2" lift over the Rubi but the Pumpkin is still slightly lower than the 3.6L Rubi). But it does sound bad ass. More power so you can get up to that 65mph speed limit faster. Increased Torque on the same Dana 44's. I just think its overkill on a jeep built for off Roading.
With 37-40" tires you start running out of power pretty quickly, especially in the 3.6 at altitude.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
I donā€™t mind the painted top and fenders as much as I mind leather seats, tow, 8.4 unit, and safety stuff!
Iā€™ve never had a Jeep with leather, nothing worse than hot ass leather in August with the top off! I have punted fenders and black top on current Rubicon.
Never gonna tow shit with it as I have a Superduty, and I can put a receiver on it for $75 for a hitch hauler, so why force $900 tow package?! The more I mull it over, the more Iā€™m talking myself out of it.
Not to mention the ugly ass bronze accents that Iā€™d change out too.

Webbie44

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Hard Rock Rubicon 2 door
Well, this sucks...I was wanting to buy my 11th (lifetime) Jeep and when I talked to my dealer again today (called him yesterday after reveal), he advised me that no dealers in his sales district was getting an allocation for a 392 even though his dealership sells the most Jeeps in that district. He was not happy and told me he would continue to investigate further, but it looks like, if I want one I would have to travel some distance and deal with a dealer I donā€™t know. Looks like Jeep isnt trying to sell a lot of them if that is their Sales strategy!
Sponsored