Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
No offense to others that like painted tops and fenders and have them on their rig, that's your vehicle. But I think they look terrible, and certainly wouldn't pay more for it.

One of the things that I liked about FCA was that they still allow ordering exactly what you want, so I'm just very disappointed that they would do this. But we'll see what happens in the future. My guess is that 1 of 2 things will happen:

1. IF the V8 with cylinder deactivation gets good fuel mileage, maybe better than the V6, and there is demand, we might see it get added as an option to the Sahara and Rubicon

2. OR if the mileage is terrible, they will keep it at this high price point with limited production so they can say they made a V8, but not really want people to buy them as it will hurt their CAFE requirements.

And lastly, why does the V8 have final assembly in Mexico and not Toledo?
Sponsored

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
It would be a crime to leave unpainted top and fenders on a premium vehicle like the 392 rubicon
what?! if youā€™re using it off-road the fenders are ruined in 3-6 months
if you like the best top sun rider it looks stupid as hell with a painted top. Tree pinstriping? Roof rack?
id much prefer lineX premium on those for less money

if youā€™re a mall queen I definitely get preferring painted fenders but even then, thats color dependent IMO.

Last edited:

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
what?! if youā€™re using it off-road the fenders are ruined in 3-6 months
if you like the best too sun rider it looks stupid as hell with a painted top. Tree pinstriping? Roof rack?
id much prefer lineX premium on those for less money

if youā€™re a mall queen I definitely get preferring painted fenders
My JL is a total mall queen. Seriously...I have a TJ to go beat up on the trails

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
My JL is a total mall queen. Seriously...I have a TJ to go beat up on the trails
Seeing these items are being included. The folks that donā€™t prefer the color match look could easily get them wrapped with a flat/satin black wrap and still protect painted finish. Just a thought :)

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
Seeing these items are being included. The folks that donā€™t prefer the color match look could easily get them wrapped with a flat/satin black wrap and still protect painted finish. Just a thought :)
or sell/trade with someone who has unpainted and wants painted.

Sponsored

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392

forgot to add I was just screwing around after the poster before me commented ā€œbarfā€ @ painted. thereā€™s something for everyone.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Or FCA could pull their heads out and give us options. I'm not paying for stuff I have no use for.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Or FCA could pull their heads out and give us options. I'm not paying for stuff I have no use for.
Agree ^^^

just throwing it out there. :)

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Yeah...some of the other required options I can understand since they're trying to posture the 392 as a top trim model but I totally agree on the hardtop/fenders.

Sponsored

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Premium/enthusiast/halo letā€™s face it theyā€™re trying to make this high end for a wrangler...

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Yeah...some of the other required options I can understand since they're trying to posture the 392 as a top trim model but I totally agree on the hardtop/fenders.
I know what they're trying to do with the transfer case too but that's a no go item for me as well.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
1. IF the V8 with cylinder deactivation gets good fuel mileage, maybe better than the V6, and there is demand, we might see it get added as an option to the Sahara and Rubicon
This thing will probably have an EPA combined mileage of 14-15 MPG, don't see any way in hell it'll get better MPG than the 3.6, cylinder deactivation or no.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
So...when you gonna get one then? :)
Honestly if they don't back off those few things I'll just put tons under mine and do a 5.7 swap when the V6 wears out and be way ahead on price and capability.
Sponsored