First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
It doesn't have the engine start/stop button! Instead they put the exhaust note function there!

I love my diesel but man.. If the V8 could be had with a manual, i would have sold my diesel Rubicon right now to order it!
Sponsored

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
It doesn't have the engine start/stop button! Instead they put the exhaust note function there!

I love my diesel but man.. If the V8 could be had with a manual, i would have sold my diesel Rubicon right now to order it!
I’m in the same boat for sure brother!!

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
The thread in the ordering section states order banks open tomorrow. Pricing to follow😬

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
The thread in the ordering section states order banks open tomorrow. Pricing to follow😬
He said pricing won’t be out for a month. Unless I missed a post?

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I would like to see these with flex fuel as well when they require premium. Where I live the difference from 93 to E85 is 1.20/gallon which adds up.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
lol yea I saw somebody else mentioned the half doors; that's also what I was really looking at the whole time.

I don't know where I come in on guessing the price, but I do know that 50k+ for a wrangler just isn't worth it for me, and I'm fairly certain this will be above even 60k. I paid in the high 30s for my Sport S, and that was almost too rich for my blood. To those who already have wranglers above 50k, more power to you, but I just can't justify paying that much for a vehicle unless it can also be my full-time house for my family of 3 lol (I live in a pretty depressed area where there are plenty of row homes that can be purchased for around 50k).

If I really wanted a new wrangler when this V8 Rubi comes out, my plan would be: buy a Sport JL for low 30k, and use the 30-40k I saved to make a down payment on some vacation property lol

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
Just spoke to my jeep salesmen, he called his jeep rep yesterday and told my salesmen prices won't be out anytime soon. It's still in prototype stage?!?! lmao...I said watch the release from jeep on youtube and get back to me on that. I swear.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Just spoke to my jeep salesmen, he called his jeep rep yesterday and told my salesmen prices won't be out anytime soon. It's still in prototype stage?!?! lmao...I said watch the release from jeep on youtube and get back to me on that. I swear.
Blind (price) order. Just like the 4xe.

Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Press release said the 392 would include the following ( I added current option price). Which alone adds $15,540 and doesn’t include the 6.4 upcharge

* Leather interior - 1595
* Infotainment Group -1895
* HD electrical switch - 795
* Body-color hard top - 2395
* Body-color flares - 695
* Steel Bumper Group - 1645
* LED Lighting Group - 1295
* Cold Weather Group - 695
* Remote proximity entry -545
* Safety Group - 995
* Advanced Safety - 795
* Selec-Trac - 695
* 8HP75 Automatic - 1500
I'm actually cool with this. These are all options I had my dealer quote me minus the Selec-trac. It's $1500 for the Etorque and $4500?? for the diesel so if the 392 comes in under the diesel surcharge I'll be happy. Granted I had decided not to pay the $1500 uncharge for the V6 and wouldn't pay $4,500 for the diesel. Decided the 2.0 would be fine but..... Tell me the 392 is an additional $3-4K I'm all over it.

I get that most would like to have a low option Rubi and the 392. Nice set up but for me a 9 time Wrangler owner, 2 time JL, this will be my last....hopefully. I had decided to load it up minus, hard top panels, rock steps, front facing camera. Told my dealer I'd call him the first week of December and we would hit go. Got a good 6% under invoice price.

There's the problem. My MSRP was $59Kish, quoted price $51kish. I'm thinking there won 't be an under invoice order on this puppy. I'll gladly pay the uncharge for the engine but if I loose the invoice pricing I'm out. But hey. A loaded 21 Rubi with 2.0. Not gonna bitch :)

Okay, okay. Nevermind. Dumb of me to hope for under invoice pricing and wasn't thinking about extra for the lift and unless wheels. I mean. Those wheels look nice but doesn't FCA know that with a 2" lift most will go 35"-37" out the gate. Correct me if I'm wrong but they aren't 8.5", still going to be 7.5" wheels. I'm out on spacers so throw in a set of 5 AEV wheels. Geeez. 2.0 Rubi it is or it's actually Rubi 2.0 for me. See what I did there 😁

Last edited:

spenchey

First Name
spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every JL you can wish for
Put in an order for my wife as she's been wanting one of these, no pricing, and a pop up says that you need allocation for stock or sold order... My guess is this works like the TRX

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
These are all things that not only do I not want to pay for, I do not want them on my jeep, period. Way to go FCA - why can't you just offer the V8 as an engine choice and be done with it?

* Infotainment Group -1895
* Body-color hard top - 2395
* Body-color flares - 695
* Steel Bumper Group - 1645
* LED Lighting Group - 1295
* Safety Group - 995
* Advanced Safety - 795
Sponsored