Sponsored

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
Price? About the same as a Corvette with a rock climbing feature thrown in.
Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Have they said you can't get it in a soft top? That would eliminate the "painted" hard top, and I'm thinking about the half doors?
According to the FCA press release, the painted hard top is included. So best case would be to order dual top to get the soft top

Half doors will be extra

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
The difference is there are no “drag along options” or trim level restrictions with the EcoDiesel (aside from requiring auto trans). You can get it on a base Sport Unlimited.

Even if the 6.4 is “only” a $3k option by itself, by requiring the Rubicon trim + all the extras will make the Hemi far more expensive than the EcoDiesel.
You want the 6.4, you are going to pay for it. My guess is $8,000 option.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
According to the FCA press release, the painted hard top is included. So best case would be to order dual top to get the soft top

Half doors will be extra
Yes - was hoping not to have to do the dual top option if I was to want a soft top though.

Yep half doors extra

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Yeah I alluded to the fact that I have only wheeled manuals and while I understand torque multiplication I don't have any experience with it. Sorry for being a douche. I'm still not happy with the mandatory AWD transfer case and won't be purchasing one if they stick to that requirement. I get that they're trying to keep people from twisting axles, I just don't agree with how they're going about it. This is an inherently weaker transfer case. I'll just add tons to mine and maybe do a 5.7 swap when the motor wears out.
I guess if folks experience t-case failures, that will fall squarely under the category of “failed obstacle due to t-case limitations” lol.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Mell Wade from EVO has said countless times that the 4 to 1 tcase is too low with the super low first in the 8 speed trans. I guess he doest know jeeps or rock craw though

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I think the hemi upgrade will be more than $3k due to all the shit that are not standard options as @RubiTuesday memtioned. This is in addition to the standard BS options you must buy.

b) 2 inch lift with whatever shocks are under those stickers
c) Narrow, shallow, incomplete "bead-lock" wheels
d) misc: e.g., new hood/scoop, frame reinforcements, "strengthened" axles, big(ish) brakes, dual exhaust, flappy paddles, etc.

I’m thinking $8k maybe? My guess is $72,500ish

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Mell Wade from EVO has said countless times that the 4 to 1 tcase is too low with the super low first in the 8 speed trans. I guess he doest know jeeps or rock craw though
Yes I know who he is and have watched him wheel with Ponytail in plenty of videos. I haven't heard him say that, but I won't claim that he hasn't. It does seem odd to me though with the 3.6. Can you provide more context to his reasoning? I realize the auto has a torque converter that will multiply torque at low speeds, and up to the point where fluid coupling occurs and the throughput happens at a 1:1 ratio.

I've only ever wheeled in manual transmission vehicles where I really appreciate the 4:1 TC. This hemi is the only auto Jeep I've ever considered

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
my guess, you will get into one sticker w destination for about 75k. Initially haggle on the price and you will get passed by.

But man, lotta y'all all beating this to death like your figuring out how to purchase.....it's kinda funny. Wait till it comes out. Sleep an hour or two between now and then.

The more expensive of our JLUR purchases was about 56 down from 63K...

I bet they sell more o these than that 4xe thing. And I bet these hold their value unless there is something major.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
my guess, you will get into one sticker w destination for about 75k. Initially haggle on the price and you will get passed by.

But man, lotta y'all all beating this to death like your figuring out how to purchase.....it's kinda funny. Wait till it comes out. Sleep an hour or two between now and then.

The more expensive of our JLUR purchases was about 56 down from 63K...

I bet they sell more o these than that 4xe thing. And I bet these hold their value unless there is something major.
Hey Neil. This is fun beating it to death :)
The TSB thread has just about ran its course and the plastic key hole covers ended, what else can we talk about. :LOL:

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon 2.0T
I wonder if.....

They are gonna price gouge?

The 392 is gonna be a limited run...thus justifying the over msrp pricing?

I think they are going to go $69,995....I may bite!

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I know who he is and have watched him wheel with Ponytail in plenty of videos. I haven't heard him say that, but I won't claim that he hasn't. It does seem odd to me though with the 3.6. Can you provide more context to his reasoning?
I've seen a video (which I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to post here, EDIT: Looks like I'm wrong because @SolarWizard just posted the exact video) where Mel states that he used the Sahara or Sport T-case (he couldn't recall which) on a JT, running 40s, with UD60's and 5.38 gears.

Last edited:

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Hey Neil. This is fun beating it to death :)
The TSB thread has just about ran its course and the plastic key hole covers ended, what else can we talk about. :LOL:
Excellent point.
Just pick a color that you like and have your checkbook ready.

in the meantime we will keep our 6cyls.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 V8 - Specs, Wallpapers, Videos! IMG_0648

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Yes I know who he is and have watched him wheel with Ponytail in plenty of videos. I haven't heard him say that, but I won't claim that he hasn't. It does seem odd to me though with the 3.6. Can you provide more context to his reasoning? I realize the auto has a torque converter that will multiply torque at low speeds, and up to the point where fluid coupling occurs and the throughput happens at a 1:1 ratio.

I've only ever wheeled in manual transmission vehicles where I really appreciate the 4:1 TC. This hemi is the only auto Jeep I've ever considered

jump to 9:15

that was also his advice to me in person
Sponsored