Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
So as much as I would like a 392 with a Manual Transmission, I don't think the current one can withstand the power/torque of the 392. The current clutch needs work to be reliable, one of the main reasons why I upgraded to an Automatic JLUR from my JLUS. Don't get me wrong I like the manual on the JL but I have driven manuals my whole life and I never had any problems until I got my first JLU.
Even the 2.0 is above the maximum torque rating of the Aisin AL6/D478. The transmission is rated to 370 Nm (273 lb-ft), and the 2.0 outputs 400Nm (295 lb-ft). https://www.aisin-aw.co.jp/en/products/drivetrain/lineup/mt.html
Sponsored

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
So the current Manual Transmission wouldn't survive with the 2.0? That's crazy
Yeah, according to the specs. Real world might be OK. We'll know how accurate the rating is if any of the tuned 3.6 manual owners start having transmission issues (well, besides the clutch).

Sponsored

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Yeah, according to the specs. Real world might be OK. We'll know how accurate the rating is if any of the tuned 3.6 manual owners start having transmission issues (well, besides the clutch).
yeah I see, I had way to many issues with my clutch itself. Pretty impressed with the Auto on the JLs not going to lie.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
The motor has 0 effect on crawl ratio.
Correct...yet somehow I and just about everyone else wheeling the 3.0 shifts their T-case less than you. I wonder if that has something to do with the motor? No we just all ā€œhave no idea what weā€™re doingā€. As a matter of fact, when I had my 3.6 6MT and spent most of my time in 4L, I knew exactly what I was doing, then bought a 3.0 and magically forgot everything I know about wheeling. Amazing.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
For yā€™all who are worried about 3.73 and no 4:1 T-case, I have wheeled the ever living piss out of a 3.0 with the stock 3.73 gears on 37s almost exclusively in 4H. Itā€™s shocking how infrequently Iā€™ve needed 4L compared to my ā€˜18 JLUR 3.6 6MT. The 392 will have no problem with low speed wheeling unless youā€™re going to 40ā€+. A simple re-gear will fix the rare issue with wheel torque at that point but frankly your first mod should be an aux fuel tank at that point unless you plan on towing the thing to trails or spending half of your life at gas stations.
I would not worry either about the 3.73 vs 4.10. I have a GT5 tranny in an older 3/4t yukon with a 6.0. Plenty of low end torque at about 850rpm in that rig.

Add the stiffness of the jeep vs that old ass rig.

Now I am assuming stock.

Get me 30g tank (my guess current 392 w 20.5g gets me about 240m to a tank if I baby the shit outta it vs like 350m with my 6cyl.) and a hack to turn off the internal cylinder management bs and this rig would prob make me dump my manual tranny JLUR.

Show me a hellcat in a manual with Dana 1-tons and I will show you the money FCA.

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Spoke to my dealer this morning. They think 85-90k. Iā€™m not sure how some really think this will fall into the 65-70k price range. Go on the jeep builder and build a Rubicon as this is specd. Youā€™ll see very quick your close to 65k with the 2.0. Now add 30-35k to that for the 392...thatā€™s what it cost to do it. The price on this is gonna be high.

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon
So I went to my dealer today for my free oil change and asked about the 392.
1. They have no option list yet.
2. No idea on pricing.
3. The only thing they heard was order banks should open up early December 2020, they have none on order for the dealership
4. They are not taking any deposits until order banks open, no wait lists ether.
5. They would not upcharge premium on if ordere.

For all you sky touch haters out there I posted a picture of mine 2019 Rubi, had it for 19 months no leaks, no squeaks itā€™s a great option, no pain in the ass freedom panel roof remova. I have a 2013 JK so I know the struggle with the removal of the top of a 2 door, much less a 4 door.

Told my dealer to call when the order banks open up on the 392 and Iā€™d be down to show them the money, time for anothe of course in black!
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 V8 - Specs, Wallpapers, Videos! 63F59881-6CFE-4FFB-9AE1-AE1F3A4F0FDC

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
You have nothing to prove to me. To be honest, you werenā€™t even on my radar when I made that comment. :)
I've heard your comment many times before and I always use that joke as a rebuttal. I mean... more money than sense sounds like a crazy amount of fun to me.

Or at least it has been so far. ;)
Sponsored