Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
FCA is notorious for aggressive torque management (reduction) programs in 1st/2nd gear on ZF platforms. As such, I think the 2.0/3.0 numbers above are extremely optimistic.
ok
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Name a terrain and I can just about guarantee you Iā€™ve wheeled it with both the 3.6/6MT and 3.0/8AT...95% of the time the wheel speed in 1st/4H with the 3.0 is plenty slow to control the rig over technical rock. When I do need 4L itā€™s more for the lockers than the lower wheel speed. I honestly expected to need the 4.10 in the 3.0 and have yet to feel the need once. The low-rpm torque of the 392 will likely yield the same experience for the huge majority of folks running less than 40s.
If you're wheeling 95% of the time in 4H then the terrain you think is technical really isn't or you just have no idea what you're doing:

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.

Cahlheim

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2013 C63 AMG
Occupation
Technology
Any chance they are just re-stickered Mopar 2.5's? Hard to tell from a picture but they don't look any different than mine other than the color. Would be nice to get something similar to what's on the Mojave.
I wouldnā€˜t be surprised if it is just a new sticker to go with the bronze theme, but thought it was worth pointing out in case someone had more details on it. I did check a number of Mopar parts sites and didnā€™t see anything new available... keeping my eyes peeled though.

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
If you're wheeling 95% of the time in 4H then the terrain you think is technical really isn't or you just have no idea what you're doing:
Itā€™s funny how you donā€™t wheel a 3.0 on any terrain, let alone what I do in AK, yet your experience is so vastly different than mine and just about everyone who drove it in Utah and had the same feedback about how often they need 4L.

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
You know...there are two ways to balance that equation. Increase money or...;)
I'm going with door #3 Alex. I'll just keep doing both so I can prove him wrong. :LOL:

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I could, but you would still have issues with whatever I post. Do the math yourself.
I actually appreciate your posts and the mathematical approach you take. Was just adding some context and possible data points. Sorry for whatever butt-hurt I inflicted, wasnā€™t intentional.

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
So as much as I would like a 392 with a Manual Transmission, I don't think the current one can withstand the power/torque of the 392. The current clutch needs work to be reliable, one of the main reasons why I upgraded to an Automatic JLUR from my JLUS. Don't get me wrong I like the manual on the JL but I have driven manuals my whole life and I never had any problems until I got my first JLU.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Itā€™s funny how you donā€™t wheel a 3.0 on any terrain, let alone what I do in AK, yet your experience is so vastly different than mine and just about everyone who drove it in Utah and had the same feedback about how often they need 4L.
The motor has 0 effect on crawl ratio.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
I actually appreciate your posts and the mathematical approach you take. Was just adding some context and possible data points. Sorry for whatever butt-hurt I inflicted, wasnā€™t intentional.
No butt-hurt here.

Go on... do the math. I'll even give you a shortcut: the manual Rubicon's crawl ratio is 84.132:1. All that's left is to multiply that by the peak torque.
Sponsored