Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Spec sheet on the first post of this thread says 17x7.5. :(
So they will be useless day 1 when everybody slaps larger tires on lol. Nice. Iā€™m not running spacers. What a bummer

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I never thought the 392 would happen in a production Wrangler, let alone a Hellcat, but 2020 isn't finished shocking the shit out of everyone.
It will be a beast. One of our local shops "Tank Customs" and forum member @TTEChris recently modified a 2dr JK and put a 392 in it. If Yall are interested, take a gander at the build:

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Iā€™m not defending their decision to go with those ratios (itā€™s not what I wanted), but I think this is why they mentioned that the 392 has the ability to lock the torque converter on demand - to help with modulation. Of course, I have no idea how effective this is.

Because they are measuring clearance under the axle. Assuming no changes to the axle, the only way to increase this clearance is with bigger tires. Lift has nothing to do with it.
Thank you - that makes more sense....

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
For yā€™all who are worried about 3.73 and no 4:1 T-case, I have wheeled the ever living piss out of a 3.0 with the stock 3.73 gears on 37s almost exclusively in 4H. Itā€™s shocking how infrequently Iā€™ve needed 4L compared to my ā€˜18 JLUR 3.6 6MT. The 392 will have no problem with low speed wheeling unless youā€™re going to 40ā€+. A simple re-gear will fix the rare issue with wheel torque at that point but frankly your first mod should be an aux fuel tank at that point unless you plan on towing the thing to trails or spending half of your life at gas stations.

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
Back for another post. Iā€™ve been driving Wranglers since 2000. This is absolutely, positively, all out nuts. This is the most outrageous fantasy to reality in the history of Jeep. It is definitely one of the most outrageous fantasy to realities in the history of the auto industry, too. No I wonā€™t get one, but itā€™s fun to watch!

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
Not sure if it was posted previously, but in watching b-roll footage, the shocks on the 392 appear to be different than both the factory Mopar 2ā€ lift shocks and the Mojave shocks as well.

85956310-AAA4-4BFA-89B4-9824D23D7962.png
5AFAFEEC-B3EC-4540-8986-FEC2F28D1769.jpeg

54099D24-0627-4C94-A92F-CDDF937615F6.jpeg
Any chance they are just re-stickered Mopar 2.5's? Hard to tell from a picture but they don't look any different than mine other than the color. Would be nice to get something similar to what's on the Mojave.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
For yā€™all who are worried about 3.73 and no 4:1 T-case, I have wheeled the ever living piss out of a 3.0 with the stock 3.73 gears on 37s almost exclusively in 4H. Itā€™s shocking how infrequently Iā€™ve needed 4L compared to my ā€˜18 JLUR 3.6 6MT. The 392 will have no problem with low speed wheeling unless youā€™re going to 40ā€+. A simple re-gear will fix the rare issue with wheel torque at that point but frankly your first mod should be an aux fuel tank at that point unless you plan on towing the thing to trails or spending half of your life at gas stations.
You and I are obviously Wheeling vastly different terrain. The axle gears I can and will change out anyway but the transfer case is a deal breaker. 4:1 is the only reason to get the Rubicon in my opinion, everything else can be changed out relatively inexpensively without having with the electronics too much. Again, crawl ratio isn't about torque, is about wheel speed/control.

Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
The front doors are the same between the JLU and JL, right? Really hoping that us 2-door dudes can get our hands on those mopar half doors!
You can already order them on a 2021 2 Door. The order guide shows:
DUAL DOOR GROUP W/ BASE
UPPERS for 2350
DUAL DOOR GROUP W/ PREMIUM
UPPERS for 2550

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
You and I are obviously Wheeling vastly different terrain. The axle gears I can and will change out anyway but the transfer case is a deal breaker. 4:1 is the only reason to get the Rubicon in my opinion, everything else can be changed out relatively inexpensively without having with the electronics too much. Again, crawl ratio isn't about torque, is about wheel speed/control.
Name a terrain and I can just about guarantee you Iā€™ve wheeled it with both the 3.6/6MT and 3.0/8AT...95% of the time the wheel speed in 1st/4H with the 3.0 is plenty slow to control the rig over technical rock. When I do need 4L itā€™s more for the lockers than the lower wheel speed. I honestly expected to need the 4.10 in the 3.0 and have yet to feel the need once. The low-rpm torque of the 392 will likely yield the same experience for the huge majority of folks running less than 40s.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
It will be a beast. One of our local shops "Tank Customs" and forum member @TTEChris recently modified a 2dr JK and put a 392 in it. If Yall are interested, take a gander at the build:

Yeah but those motor swaps everyone is doing cost $35k for a Hemi. Even with the loss of selling my 18 it will still be way cheaper to buy a new one from Jeep. Canā€™t imagine those guys will get any more engine swap business on JLā€™s at $35k.

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
You can get a new Vette for 60k so this has to come in around that...fingers crossed!
The V8 engine itself in my 4Runner was only a $1k option, so FCA can make this as painless as it wants. Add a manual transmission option and they could probably get the entire V6 community to re-up at a price that would still be profitable
Sponsored