Local local dealer here told me $2000 mark up

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
What kind of gas did you think it would take?
The kind that comes from indigestion?
..but wanted to ensure I got the opportunity to get one
Why wouldnā€™t you? When the price tag is revealed, I doubt the mass public will be knocking down the dealershipā€™s doors to try to secure a unit. I also doubt this HEMI will be a limited production run model.

PJJPtx

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 392, '21 JLUR, '18 Sahara, Viper TT, Gallardo
I just spoke with another local dealer, and they told me that they are not going to be doing any markups.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
The kind that comes from indigestion?

Why wouldnā€™t you? When the price tag is revealed, I doubt the mass public will be knocking down the dealershipā€™s doors to try to secure a unit. I also doubt this HEMI will be a limited production run model.

I bet you are wrong. Look at raptors, TRX, hellcats, demons...

If you want one right away you better get in line right away. Otherwise be prepared to wait and or pay well over msrp

Sponsored

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
All gonna depend on MSRP. 70-75k? Some will have it for sure. 80-90? More scarce at that point. I canceled my bronco reservation for my ecodiesel. Now Iā€™m wishing Iā€™d have waited lol šŸ™„ not thatā€™s Iā€™d want a $1200 a month note.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
If you want one right away you better get in line right away. Otherwise be prepared to wait and or pay well over msrp
I LOVE your sense of urgency. While I donā€™t blame you, the demand seems over inflated and artificial. Remember, we are a small niche of enthusiasts, not the majority.

Also, there are still plenty of those models you mentioned on dealer lots. The dealer wants to sell them as much as people want to buy them. I have never paid over sticker for any of my vehicles and Iā€™m not about to start now.

And as someone mentioned earlier, let other people be the first year beta testers.

bbq4133

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Granite Crystal 6MT
All gonna depend on MSRP. 70-75k? Some will have it for sure. 80-90? More scarce at that point. I canceled my bronco reservation for my ecodiesel. Now Iā€™m wishing Iā€™d have waited lol šŸ™„ not thatā€™s Iā€™d want a $1200 a month note.
Yeah, I think they have to nail the pricing here. Problem for them (and this) is the Rubi can already get kinda pricey--without a V8!

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
I LOVE your sense of urgency. While I donā€™t blame you, the demand seems over inflated and artificial. Remember, we are a small niche of enthusiasts, not the majority.

Also, there are still plenty of those models you mentioned on dealer lots. The dealer wants to sell them as much as people want to buy them. I have never paid over sticker for any of my vehicles and Iā€™m not about to start now.

And as someone mentioned earlier, let other people be the first year beta testers.
The timing is right for me. Iā€™m with you never paid over msrp and not gonna start now.

But...Iā€™ve also tried to get other enthusiast vehicles at launch and failed. So hereā€™s hoping!

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
This thing will be a beast on desert runs....not so sure about rock crawling with 3.73 gearing and 2.73 transfer case. Will have plenty of power but can it be controlled.

D44s will hold until using all of that power in rough conditions.... How can a 2ā€ lift only have 10.3ā€ of clearance. My 2ā€ lift with 315/70s and Artec skids is good for 14+ā€. Even with 35ā€™s it would only have 10.9ā€ of clearance. That seems like a problem...might save me some money since I really need an excuse not to buy the 392.šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬.

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This thing will be a beast on desert runs....not so sure about rock crawling with 3.73 gearing and 2.73 transfer case. Will have plenty of power but can it be controlled.
Iā€™m not defending their decision to go with those ratios (itā€™s not what I wanted), but I think this is why they mentioned that the 392 has the ability to lock the torque converter on demand - to help with modulation. Of course, I have no idea how effective this is.

D44s will hold until using all of that power in rough conditions.... How can a 2ā€ lift only have 10.3ā€ of clearance. My 2ā€ lift with 315/70s and Artec skids is good for 14+ā€. Even with 35ā€™s it would only have 10.9ā€ of clearance. That seems like a problem...might save me some money since I really need an excuse not to buy the 392.šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬.
Because they are measuring clearance under the axle. Assuming no changes to the axle, the only way to increase this clearance is with bigger tires. Lift has nothing to do with it.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
I am holding out for a hellcat with a 4 spd manual.

I need a manual. I also need more than 20.5g gas in a 392, I promise.

In the meantime, I will keep my 20 jlur 6cyl manual.

But for those that want one, more power to ya!

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I am holding out for a hellcat with a 4 spd manual.
I never thought the 392 would happen in a production Wrangler, let alone a Hellcat, but 2020 isn't finished shocking the shit out of everyone.

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
What are the dimensions of the rims? Are they 17x8.5? I hope they are
Sponsored