Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Wow! Can't wait :)

First person to contact us to lift one will get a very generous discount! You have to have the vehicle in your possession to claim the discount though ;)

Let's see who gets it!
Sponsored

hingedthinker

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
well, I was dreaming of a new Raptor with a V8. But now... I cannot recall why I wanted a Raptor. I want a V8 Rubicon!! A great match for what most people use a jeep wrangler in purpose.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I like what I am seeing....supposedly comes with a 2” lift but clearance specs shows 10.3” which is the same as a base Rubicon....I’m also surprised by the 33s.....was expecting more rubber. Love the engine seems like a desert runner rather than rock crawler....
You realize a ten inch lift on 33s would have the same clearance, right?

Sponsored

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl
While I prefer 2 doors and think my v6 has plenty of power for what I do, I'm so friggin proud of Jeep for doing this. I was kinda proud with the electric Jeep, but this knocks it out of the park and I'm not even gonna buy one.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/NEvPzZ8bd1V4Y" width="459" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Diesel has gobs of torque, but suffers torque-onset lag. The higher ratio might be to help address that.
Yep. Have to wait for that turbo to light. I meant most people could care less about crawl ratio and more about looking pretty. Nothing wrong with it though. Your money.

Jeepers Creepee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2018 HellaYell JLUR
Occupation
BNSF Freight Conductor
I have been so excited about this finally becoming a reality.. I just read all 19 pages. It seems like only one person in this thread is concerned about having CV axles. I can adjust for the likely-painful price. I can make myself accept some of the extra standard options in the 392 package. But CV axles ruin this for me, unless there is something I don't know about this design. Conventional offroading wisdom has always said that CV's are less durable than u-joints. And, based on the time I helped my neighbor replace the CV's on his car, they are a pain to work on. Hopefully someone smarter than me can ease my concern. I want to to want this.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I like what I am seeing....supposedly comes with a 2” lift but clearance specs shows 10.3” which is the same as a base Rubicon....I’m also surprised by the 33s.....was expecting more rubber. Love the engine seems like a desert runner rather than rock crawler....
Pretty sure the clearance measurement is to the bottom of the diff, which is the same as the rubicon on 33's. Lift shouldn't effect. I could be wrong though on where the measurement is taken but that is what I've always understood.

Sponsored

aus-jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
I have been so excited about this finally becoming a reality.. I just read all 19 pages. It seems like only one person in this thread is concerned about having CV axles. I can adjust for the likely-painful price. I can make myself accept some of the extra standard options in the 392 package. But CV axles ruin this for me, unless there is something I don't know about this design. Conventional offroading wisdom has always said that CV's are less durable than u-joints. And, based on the time I helped my neighbor replace the CV's on his car, they are a pain to work on. Hopefully someone smarter than me can ease my concern. I want to to want this.
CV joints and especially RCV's are arguably stronger than u-joints.
There's a very good reason you see them on Ultra4's and Rock bouncers :D

I wouldn't hesitate at all to run them, and will just replaced factory ones with RCV's - https://www.rcvperformance.com/

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like more info on this as well. CV axles can be strong, reference the RCVs that many use to replace their front D44 shafts. The question is, how strong are the factory CVs?

Same goes for the full time 4WD Rock Trac now available on the current Rubicon and 4xe. I realize this is a different low ratio than the 392, but how are they similar? What's really going on inside the case when part time 4WD or 4Low is selected? To what degree is clutch wear/ability to hold power a concern? I've looked and found a lot of interest/talk, but haven't found anything definitive.

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
What’s the mood like on the Bronco forums?
I peeked over there and it’s full of butthurt. And to the bronco forum moderator that’s ”deciding“ between a jl and bronco saying jl power trains are adequate at best gtfo. Jeep offers fi for high elevations, na for all around, fully electric, diesel, and now a monster v8. Adequate at best lol.... my 3.6 on 35’s is plenty powerful on the street and any of these engines have more then enough torque on the trails.
Sponsored