Sponsored

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
I think this is awesome....BUT...I assume pricing will be retarded like every other desirable SRT product. I love the craziness of the 392 but to be honest they should have also just added the 5.7 hemi to any trim as one of the engine options for a reasonable price. Additionally, I really don't think the dana 44s will survive long at all and for the price I am willing to bet they will charge, better axles should have been part of the deal.

So all that talk from FCA in 2017-2018 that the hemi would not pass crash tests and not have enough cooling was clearly BS from the start!

Cheers
I agree. Why the 392? The 5.7 HEMI would suffice. Thank the Ford Bronco for all of these changes to the Wrangler. Isn't competition wonderful??
Sponsored

PJJPtx

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 392, '21 JLUR, '18 Sahara, Viper TT, Gallardo
What's the best place to order one? Just any dealer?

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
The J6 was built off a JL, not the Gladiator chassis.
Exactly. You get the same wheelbase as my current JL, with the benefit of a bed. I love it. If I wanted a land yacht I'd still have my Ram. I like how agile my JL is.
If they wanted to beef it up to truck specs they could make a JT with shorter wheelbase for a 2 door version. After all, they had a 2 and 4 door Dakotas and they still have 2 and 4 door Rams. They can do it on a truck frame just fine.
It doesn't have to be the exact same specs as the J6. A 2 door Gladiator will sell. I suspect it would even if it didn't have any tow/haul ratings higher than the JLU (ie made on the JL chassis).

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I am seeing speculation of this starting at $70K, I foresee a hefty dealer markup paired to that. The F-150 Raptors were seeing a $8K+ dealer markup, you can't say honest helpful Jeep dealers won't play the same game.

Sponsored

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
I am seeing speculation of this starting at $70K, I foresee a hefty dealer markup paired to that. The F-150 Raptors were seeing a $8K+ dealer markup, you can't say honest helpful Jeep dealers won't play the same game.
Cheaper to just go to the aftermarket to drop in a HEMI?

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
At that price I'd buy the Power Wagon. You get a 2500 for $10K less.

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Cheaper to just go to the aftermarket to drop in a HEMI?
Ehhhh, depends on what dealers are charging... the America's Most Wanted 6.4 swap is $35K.... on top of a 50K rubicon you're now at $85K.

This being the first production V8 Wrangler, I would imagine this is going to be marked up BIG.

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
If it's 70k...may have to just wait for the Bronco retaliation....if it's 60kish....current rig goes back to stock to trade in...

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
I agree. Why the 392? The 5.7 HEMI would suffice. Thank the Ford Bronco for all of these changes to the Wrangler. Isn't competition wonderful??
Yep, you can also add FCA's complacency releasing half doors to the list. Couple of reasons why I am considering a Bronco in a couple of years after the initial hype dies down a bit.

Cheers

Sponsored