Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Any reason for the 3:73 ratio vs having a 4:10 like my Rubicon now has?
Better fuel economy would be my guess.

Perhaps better calibration of the automatic transmission, as well. Particularly at freeway speeds.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
I think based on Annual sales numbers every 2 door owner in the country has chimed in with their disappointment.

It makes me laugh... Sales results have consequences!

I also appreciate everyone telling us how “smart” they are not to be an early adopter. I sleep so much better knowing this.

I think it’s a great halo product for the wrangler - it’s not for everyone, but damn it’s cool! Could a few things be tweaked yea- but monster HP/Torque solve many things.
Easy now. Sensible post will not be tolerated here Pull ;);)

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I didn't read all 10 pages, but this is some BS. What's the price on this going to be? Probably 60-70K or more, since a standard 4 door Rubicon or High Altitude are 40-50K. They'll only sell a handful of these at that price. Sure it's neat, but I've heard a lot more people say they want a 2 door Gladiator. Yet they made this and say there's not plan to make the 2 door truck. Stupid.
This is just a way to say "ours is bigger" in response to the Bronco. If they were really listening to what the consumers want, they'd be making the 2 door truck too, not just this crap. It's just like the Hellcat and Demon. Pointless, geared toward a very small market, with the main goal of bragging rights.

Not impressed. HEY JEEP, WE WANT THE J6 GLADIATOR!!!!!!!

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I think based on Annual sales numbers every 2 door owner in the country has chimed in with their disappointment.

It makes me laugh... Sales results have consequences!

I also appreciate everyone telling us how “smart” they are not to be an early adopter. I sleep so much better knowing this.

I think it’s a great halo product for the wrangler - it’s not for everyone, but damn it’s cool! Could a few things be tweaked yea- but monster HP/Torque solve many things.
Agreed.

The way sales are going: the day FCA decides to discontinue the 2-door is approaching, but that would be a big mistake.

The 2-door Wrangler is such an iconic vehicle...as Jeep loves to remind us by plastering it everywhere!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 V8 - Specs, Wallpapers, Videos! 1605624066231

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Agreed. Still, I think the day FCA decides to discontinue the 2-door is approaching but it would be a mistake.

The 2-door Wrangler is such an iconic vehicle...as Jeep loves to remind us by plastering a little outline everywhere!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 V8 - Specs, Wallpapers, Videos! 1605624066231
I completely agree. Just because they don't sell a billion of them, they talk about dumping it. Then they have options that are only available in 4 doors, and talk about how 2 door sales are down. Well, yeah they are because you didn't give us the option of a 2 door. Can't buy a 2 door Sahara, or High Altitude. Moab wasn't available in 2 doors. Guess what FCA people aren't buying as many 2 doors because you don't offer as many 2 doors. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Save the 2 door.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
a big question for me is if this will be a model that will continue to be offered for a number of years (just based on where I am in my buying cycle)?

Also, I understand there is a model refresh due for MY22 - where 35s will be available from the factory (hopefully on this model too).

I have a 4 door due to kids and dog, but if this was ever available in a 2 door - absolutely no question this would be in my garage! Would be insane!!

Hopefully by the time I buy one you don’t have to have the color matched top and fenders, I just don’t like it. Nor the advanced safety group.

The actual big question for me will be the price, given how porked up,it is with options.

As a side note, for any business owners out there it looks like the weight of this thing puts it in the tax deductible category 🤫

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
You can get a new Vette for 60k so this has to come in around that...fingers crossed!
Doubt it. A well-equipped Rubicon tops $65,000.

This 392 starts with a well-equipped Rubicon, then adds a giant HEMI, a reinforced frame, beefier axles, bigger brakes, bigger tires, a full-time 4WD, etc., etc.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
A selling price that’s 7% below invoice typically requires factory money/support, and that appears when sales are sluggish, but, assuming order numbers aren’t restricted by FCA, I‘m betting 5% off Monroni will be possible on personal orders.
Agreed, My quoted 7% under includes 1% Tread Lightly and $1,000 dealer financing. Just wondering if my dealer would be able to do it on a 392. I'd hit him up but too early. He won't know. I guess we had all better see a price first and go from there.

hazards280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JLUR 392 - Sarge Green
The forced body color top and flares is a big let down for me. I'm excited to watch the reveal and hear more, but I don't like those two pieces being a requirement.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
You can get a new Vette for 60k so this has to come in around that...fingers crossed!
You'd think. Since the Power Wagon and Raptor are about 55K I hope they'll keep it around that range. I doubt it though since something like the Hellcat Charger comes in at 67K. I don't think they care if they sell a bunch.
Sponsored