Sponsored

Sponsored

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
Wow. That’s a LOT of standard options. That’s gonna be one pricey SOB. I was thinking 60k originally now I’m thinking 65-70. Ouch. My lowly 3.6 will serve me just fine.

also. Half doors!

also 2” lift and 33? Wut?
HALF DOORS!!!
THE most important part of the whole thing!
You nailed it!!

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
OK dumb question: Doesn't all that "Corvette Level" power make the Jeep into a death trap. I mean with their inherent higher center of gravity and narrower wheel base it's already prone to rolling over and now we want go and drop Corvette power into it. I think I'd be scared to ride in the thing with anyone other than "me" driving.
I hear what you are saying but this is the way of the world now. People thought the same thing when they started putting powerful engines in SUVs. Now sub 4 second SUVs are commonplace (I own one and I love it). Real trucks and offroad rigs like the Wrangler are next. You obviously cannot floor it coming out of a turn like you would a 911.

Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
And the biggest question. Will our favorite 5-7% under invoice dealers be able to order at that % under invoice? Tread Lightly, etc.... I'm thinking no discounts under invoice on these babies, but who knows??
A selling price that’s 7% below invoice typically requires factory money/support, and that appears when sales are sluggish, but, assuming order numbers aren’t restricted by FCA, I‘m betting 5% off Monroni will be possible on personal orders.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
they said 21.5 gallon tank, but of course no mileage.. my v6 gets maybe 14 "city" so . . .
I remember reading that Car and Driver got something like 9mpg when they test drove a prototype. I'm sure they were hooning it, but however you slice it, the range is going to suck.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I told my wife 5 years ago that if Jeep ever offers a factory 6.4 wrangler I was bringing it home no questions asked. I asked her again last night and she said its ok. lol

I just need to know when (and how if they're doing the stupid launch edition crap where you order first and watch dealer orders hit the streets for months while you don't have yours) to order.
I doubt FCA will do a launch edition.

The Gladiator Launch Edition fell flat on its face.

LagunaJim1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLR HellaYella!
OK dumb question: Doesn't all that "Corvette Level" power make the Jeep into a death trap. I mean with their inherent higher center of gravity and narrower wheel base it's already prone to rolling over and now we want go and drop Corvette power into it. I think I'd be scared to ride in the thing with anyone other than "me" driving.
They're limited to 95 mph - they're just gonna get there faster!
I remember reading that Car and Driver got something like 9mpg when they test drove a prototype. I'm sure they were hooning it, but however you slice it, the range is going to suck.
They're in the premium gas area too - the "if you have to ask . . ."
Sponsored